Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 09:48:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
83 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 09:48:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony  (Read 1679 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:36:42 am »

So I am thinking about busting out the Backyard Theater for the 2016 Summer Olympics opening ceremony this Friday and hosting a few friends.  I was originally going to fire up the Blackstone and just do some pizzas as is our Friday night tradition, but I am thinking maybe a Brazilian theme (churrasco) is the way to go.  If I had thought things through better, maybe I could have justified getting a Carson Rodizio setup for this event. 

Parameters:
Crowd: 4-6 adults 2-3 Kids

Since I have to set up the screen and it is following a work week, I don't want anything super complicated with a lot of prep time.  What I know of churrasco is meat on skewers...

I am early in my research, but I am thinking about roasting Top Sirloin Caps on a rotisserie, apparently that is a traditional Brazilian cut, but I can't find a butcher who sells it.  I  would be open to any ideas that you all have.  Cheers!

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:30:56 am »

Ok as far as food goes if you want to join a great site that can answer this question.   http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php

They have some great great great cooks that I am not one of LOL.

As far as Music I got you covered    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFJ7AazmrcQ

I will also say this to keep it simple I would do just a spiced meat, salad & some spiced rice
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:06:21 am »

Ok as far as food goes if you want to join a great site that can answer this question.   http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php

They have some great great great cooks that I am not one of LOL.

As far as Music I got you covered    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFJ7AazmrcQ

I will also say this to keep it simple I would do just a spiced meat, salad & some spiced rice

Thanks for the link, Phil and the lads sound amazing as usual.  My handle is the same over at LetsTalkBBQ.  It is a great forum that I started using back in 2013 when I was doing research on pizza ovens.  That site has cost me a lot of money, I bought a Uuni, Blackstone, and a Anova Sous Vide all based on stuff I read over there.  I dropped of participating over there though, only so much time.  They do a great job moderating it, but it looks like the purge threads periodically.  I was looking for some old posts of mine, but my account is blank.  That kind of limits its usefulness as an enduring resource, which is something I like about this site.

Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 02:02:43 pm »

So Friday night I hosted my Opening Ceremony party.  I decided to make Picanha (Top Sirloin Cap Steak), Papillote Vegetables, and Spiced Rice.  The event face a lot of hiccups, but all in all was a success.  I couldn't find the Top Sirloin Cap Steaks I needed for the Picanha, so I used Cap Off Steaks with bacon, I got distracted by guests and over cooked it.  I think the steaks would have leaned towards dry either way, but they ended up being medium well when I pulled them rather than medium rare-medium like I wanted.  They were still pretty flavorful though and I would try them again.  I would love to find the right cut.

The vegetables were just potatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers could in a foil pouch with seasoning, olive oil, and a little white wine.  I found them a little over done too and they just weren't as flavorful as I would have liked.

The rice is made by sauteing onion and garlic with the rice, before cooking the rice.  Folks liked this, but again I thought the flavors were a little understated...maybe my taster was off. 

I had to battle through some audiovisual challenges too, but survived it.   You can read the whole write up here: So Friday night I hosted my Opening Ceremony party.  I decided to make Picanha (Top Sirloin Cap Steak), Papillote Vegetables, and Spiced Rice.  The event face a lot of hiccups, but all in all was a success.  I couldn't find the Top Sirloin Cap Steaks I needed for the Picanha, so I used Cap Off Steaks with bacon, I got distracted by guests and over cooked it.  I think the steaks would have leaned towards dry either way, but they ended up being medium well when I pulled them rather than medium rare-medium like I wanted.  They were still pretty flavorful though and I would try them again.  I would love to find the right cut.

The vegetables were just potatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers could in a foil pouch with seasoning, olive oil, and a little white wine.  I found them a little over done too and they just weren't as flavorful as I would have liked.

The rice is made by sauteing onion and garlic with the rice, before cooking the rice.  Folks liked this, but again I thought the flavors were a little understated...maybe my taster was off. 

I had to battle through some audiovisual challenges too, but survived it.   You can read the whole write up here: http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=351

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: