Backyard Theater Forum
December 12, 2017, 08:20:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
105 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 08:20:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony  (Read 1682 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:36:42 am »

So I am thinking about busting out the Backyard Theater for the 2016 Summer Olympics opening ceremony this Friday and hosting a few friends.  I was originally going to fire up the Blackstone and just do some pizzas as is our Friday night tradition, but I am thinking maybe a Brazilian theme (churrasco) is the way to go.  If I had thought things through better, maybe I could have justified getting a Carson Rodizio setup for this event. 

Parameters:
Crowd: 4-6 adults 2-3 Kids

Since I have to set up the screen and it is following a work week, I don't want anything super complicated with a lot of prep time.  What I know of churrasco is meat on skewers...

I am early in my research, but I am thinking about roasting Top Sirloin Caps on a rotisserie, apparently that is a traditional Brazilian cut, but I can't find a butcher who sells it.  I  would be open to any ideas that you all have.  Cheers!

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:30:56 am »

Ok as far as food goes if you want to join a great site that can answer this question.   http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php

They have some great great great cooks that I am not one of LOL.

As far as Music I got you covered    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFJ7AazmrcQ

I will also say this to keep it simple I would do just a spiced meat, salad & some spiced rice
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:06:21 am »

Ok as far as food goes if you want to join a great site that can answer this question.   http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php

They have some great great great cooks that I am not one of LOL.

As far as Music I got you covered    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFJ7AazmrcQ

I will also say this to keep it simple I would do just a spiced meat, salad & some spiced rice

Thanks for the link, Phil and the lads sound amazing as usual.  My handle is the same over at LetsTalkBBQ.  It is a great forum that I started using back in 2013 when I was doing research on pizza ovens.  That site has cost me a lot of money, I bought a Uuni, Blackstone, and a Anova Sous Vide all based on stuff I read over there.  I dropped of participating over there though, only so much time.  They do a great job moderating it, but it looks like the purge threads periodically.  I was looking for some old posts of mine, but my account is blank.  That kind of limits its usefulness as an enduring resource, which is something I like about this site.

Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 02:02:43 pm »

So Friday night I hosted my Opening Ceremony party.  I decided to make Picanha (Top Sirloin Cap Steak), Papillote Vegetables, and Spiced Rice.  The event face a lot of hiccups, but all in all was a success.  I couldn't find the Top Sirloin Cap Steaks I needed for the Picanha, so I used Cap Off Steaks with bacon, I got distracted by guests and over cooked it.  I think the steaks would have leaned towards dry either way, but they ended up being medium well when I pulled them rather than medium rare-medium like I wanted.  They were still pretty flavorful though and I would try them again.  I would love to find the right cut.

The vegetables were just potatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers could in a foil pouch with seasoning, olive oil, and a little white wine.  I found them a little over done too and they just weren't as flavorful as I would have liked.

The rice is made by sauteing onion and garlic with the rice, before cooking the rice.  Folks liked this, but again I thought the flavors were a little understated...maybe my taster was off. 

I had to battle through some audiovisual challenges too, but survived it.   You can read the whole write up here: So Friday night I hosted my Opening Ceremony party.  I decided to make Picanha (Top Sirloin Cap Steak), Papillote Vegetables, and Spiced Rice.  The event face a lot of hiccups, but all in all was a success.  I couldn't find the Top Sirloin Cap Steaks I needed for the Picanha, so I used Cap Off Steaks with bacon, I got distracted by guests and over cooked it.  I think the steaks would have leaned towards dry either way, but they ended up being medium well when I pulled them rather than medium rare-medium like I wanted.  They were still pretty flavorful though and I would try them again.  I would love to find the right cut.

The vegetables were just potatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers could in a foil pouch with seasoning, olive oil, and a little white wine.  I found them a little over done too and they just weren't as flavorful as I would have liked.

The rice is made by sauteing onion and garlic with the rice, before cooking the rice.  Folks liked this, but again I thought the flavors were a little understated...maybe my taster was off. 

I had to battle through some audiovisual challenges too, but survived it.   You can read the whole write up here: http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=351

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: