Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 02:01:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
109 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 02:01:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drunken Pineapple  (Read 1430 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: August 25, 2016, 02:10:40 am »

I have posted this on a few forums I participate in because it came out so well.  The other day I wanted to do a Brazilian themed cook for my Olympic Opening Ceremony watch party.  I got a lot of great suggestions, but the one that really stuck with me was a recommendation to do a rotisserie style pineapple.  It just so happens recently I had a very sober pineapple sitting on my counter the and a grill that was still hot outside, so I figured I would give it a shot. The original recommendation suggested I coat the pineapple with a cherry rub, but I didn't have that in my pantry.

Steps:

1) Chop off crown and base of pineapple

2) Peel the Pineapple but cutting off the peel with 6—8 cuts

3) Inject the pineapple with a rum of your choice (I used Trader Vic’s Dark Rum and this is why I call it “Drunken Pineapple”)

4) Sprinkle turbinado sugar on the pineapple flesh

5) Spear the pineapple through the core with the spit and install forks

6) Install rotisserie on a hot grill

7) Cook for approximately 30 minutes, until the caramelization reaches desired level.

Cool Slice thinly down the length of the pineapple and serve

I sliced it thinly and served with a vanilla macadamia nut ice cream that is made locally in Maui.  I even added a splash or two of rum, it was delicious.  I have had grilled pineapple before, but never like this and it was a good opportunity to take the Joetisserie for another spin.  I hope you guys get an opportunity to give this a try.  Some of the added health benefits are "the rum gives you an excuse to talk like a pirate"  and "the pineapples keeps you from contracting scurvy"!

http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=415

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:28:13 pm »

I have posted this on a few forums I participate in because it came out so well.  The other day I wanted to do a Brazilian themed cook for my Olympic Opening Ceremony watch party.  I got a lot of great suggestions, but the one that really stuck with me was a recommendation to do a rotisserie style pineapple.  It just so happens recently I had a very sober pineapple sitting on my counter the and a grill that was still hot outside, so I figured I would give it a shot. The original recommendation suggested I coat the pineapple with a cherry rub, but I didn't have that in my pantry.

Steps:

1) Chop off crown and base of pineapple

2) Peel the Pineapple but cutting off the peel with 6—8 cuts

3) Inject the pineapple with a rum of your choice (I used Trader Vic’s Dark Rum and this is why I call it “Drunken Pineapple”)

4) Sprinkle turbinado sugar on the pineapple flesh

5) Spear the pineapple through the core with the spit and install forks

6) Install rotisserie on a hot grill

7) Cook for approximately 30 minutes, until the caramelization reaches desired level.

Cool Slice thinly down the length of the pineapple and serve

I sliced it thinly and served with a vanilla macadamia nut ice cream that is made locally in Maui.  I even added a splash or two of rum, it was delicious.  I have had grilled pineapple before, but never like this and it was a good opportunity to take the Joetisserie for another spin.  I hope you guys get an opportunity to give this a try.  Some of the added health benefits are "the rum gives you an excuse to talk like a pirate"  and "the pineapples keeps you from contracting scurvy"!

http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=415

Sounds good.......do you do you deliver? Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: