Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 01:53:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
82 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:53:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angry Birds (2016)  (Read 2421 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2016, 02:24:59 pm »

Bottom Line: Angry Birds is not highbrow humor, but the story is tolerable, the kids loved it and there were quite a few laughs from the adults as well.  This is a good option for a family friendly Backyard Movie Night.

I think everyone on the planet at some point had the Angry Birds game on their phone or at least knew it was a video game.  If you didn’t have the game, the point was to fling birds at structures built by green pigs with the aim of knocking over the structures and destroying the pigs below them.  I was skeptical about how this would translate into a coherent storyline, but I have to say the writers pulled it off.  The main character is “Red”, a bird that has anger management issues who lives on happy “Bird Island”.  Due to an uncontrolled emotional outburst, he is enrolled into a court appointed anger management course with several other characters.  While he is participating in the course, a mysterious ship shows up to the island crewed by green pigs who promise goodwill and friendship, but Red suspects there is more than meets the eye with the pigs.  It ain’t Shakespeare, but it was pretty funny and for the most part stayed true to the concept of the game.

There were a few play on words that alluded to profanity “i.e. this is flocking ridiculous” etc.  Also, I am not a huge fan of bathroom humor and there is a pretty prolonged scene associated with urination that I could have done without.  This got big laughs with the kids though.

All in all I enjoyed the film and I think the other adults in the audience did too. 

Full review here: http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=457

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:56:06 am »

Thanks for the review.  For your information I have never played Angry Birds, I did know it was a game but my trusty Nokia 6190 died this year and finally decided after having the same phone for more than a decade I'd pop for a mid-range smart phone.  I have to say after many years of scratching my head and saying I don't get it, I finally do.  It is very nice to have so many things at a touch of a button, but I digress.  Most animated movies get played at the Sit & Vue not just because the kids like them but because I do to.  Unless I change the labor day weekend line up I don't think it's going to be this year as school starts up again, but I'll put it on the list for next spring. 

You know I really enjoy it when folks post reviews of the movies they have shown in their BYT, so a big thank you from me!

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 12:02:22 am »

I have heard of Angry Birds the game, but I have never played it.  This is on the list for the 2017 season at the Sit & Vue Thank you for the review.

Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 02:31:35 am »

I have heard of Angry Birds the game, but I have never played it.  This is on the list for the 2017 season at the Sit & Vue Thank you for the review.

It's a good flick for families and while it was popular, I don't think it was SO popular that everyone has already seen it.  What else is on your line up for next year?

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 01:45:12 am »

It's a good flick for families and while it was popular, I don't think it was SO popular that everyone has already seen it.  What else is on your line up for next year?

Well next season for the Sit & Vue won't start until late April so at this time we are mostly just writing down ones that come along that look promising.  When it gets into March we'll start trying to seriously plan the movie line up.  The Night-Sky if he has another season won't start until Memorial day and we'll play whatever we can find on VHS and hopefully it won't have just been played last year. 

So far on the Sit & Vue list is.
Angry Birds, (not sure what we'll pair it with at this time)
Secret life of pets (I believe it is set to come out this winter and I still haven't seen it) (not sure what we'll pair it with yet)
Cars 1 & 2 (Side note I hear cars 3 is coming out in the spring of 2017 so might try to do that line up the weekend before the release date for 3, that should make it a big popular night)
Bolt (one of my favs)
Also may do Ghostbusters the original and the new version (we will play this pair together but not sure what order we'll play them in yet)

We try to do mostly family friendly movies but not necessarily "kids" movies, so I will need some more adult movies.  Possibly my do an X-men movie, because I like the earlier ones. PG-13 if I remember right so would make a good 2nd feature movie.

Every year we show 1776 on the 4th of July and Rocky Horror as the third movie on the overnight camping night in August, those are traditions at the Sit & Vue.

That's all I have on this list so far so there is tons of room for additional movies and I'll be watching your reviews for ideas!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:55:28 am by SR » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: