Backyard Theater Forum
December 17, 2017, 12:35:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
100 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:35:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your BYT Labor Day weekend plans?  (Read 3367 times)
SR

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:13:41 am »

I guess I better start.  Labor day weekend will mean 3 movie nights for both the Sit & Vue and the Night-Sky.  For the Sit & Vue we'll go down to just one screen for the remainder of the movie season after labor day and, usually run the one screen 2 - 3 weeks into September depending on how the weather holds out sometimes a bit longer, but fewer folks show up after labor day so Monday we'll pack up the BOC screens for the winter and just use the plywood one for the remainder of the season.   

Sunday night the 4th will be the last night of the season for the Night-Sky.  I have no idea if we will do this again for Gary next year but I'm willing if he is.  I have one volunteer who is now very well versed in running the Night-Sky so if we do get to run it again for Gary next year I shouldn't need to be there as often.  We somehow managed to make it though the year (so far still 3 nights left) without any major during movie equipment failures or running out of playable VHS material so that sort of feels like a relief.   I'm trying to convince him that if we do this again next year for him that he needs to let me open up his rack and install a DVD player or at least cord out of it so I can plug in outside media into his system.  I got a few months to convince him before next year.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
fastbilly1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:41:12 pm »

Nothing on Labor day, finally getting to go to the beach, but the weekend after I am smoking a boston butt and doing a double feature of the Little Prince and a Z movie, probably Traxx or A*P*E.  After the heart wrenching Little Prince, we need something to make fun of.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:09:08 pm »

sad to say but just food, pool & BYM......that's backyard music
Lincolntech

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 06:11:43 pm »

Finally gonna have good weather this weekend. Don't know what I'm gonna show but the screen goes up Friday night and will stay up till Monday. So sick of either really hot humid weather or just enough rain to keep me from trying to put up the screen.
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:53:18 pm »

Finally gonna have good weather this weekend. Don't know what I'm gonna show but the screen goes up Friday night and will stay up till Monday. So sick of either really hot humid weather or just enough rain to keep me from trying to put up the screen.

We haven't changed any plans yet but rain is now in the forecast for us for Friday night.  It doesn't look like it will be enough to affect the Sit & Vue other than perhaps a smaller turn out, but over at the Night-Sky because his yard is on a hill we have to be more careful.  Wet hill = folks slipping or muddying up the hill, both of which we need to avoid.  So we'll have a close eye on the forecast for the Night-Sky.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 12:17:41 pm »

Actually we are showing anything until the 15th due to being out of town this weekend and then I'll be helping a friend do a luau pig roast next weekend (big hole, fire and pig buried) but we will have my PJ going all night while we are babysitting the pig in it's hole... will be interesting...

"Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN!"
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 10:55:37 am »

Actually we are showing anything until the 15th due to being out of town this weekend and then I'll be helping a friend do a luau pig roast next weekend (big hole, fire and pig buried) but we will have my PJ going all night while we are babysitting the pig in it's hole... will be interesting...

That sounds pretty awesome @lowcrawl! The Hawaiian name for that is an "imu".  The folks that have one make a lot of side money around Thanksgiving by cooking turkeys for people, they can pack a bunch of them in there!

We did a big pizza party and watched Angry Birds last weekend.  This weekend we are travelling to Maui for a few days. Unfortunately, Hurricane Lester is heading for the islands, so even if we stay on Oahu, I don't think the weather is going to be supportive of any BYT action this weekend. 

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 11:04:22 am »

That sounds pretty awesome @lowcrawl! The Hawaiian name for that is an "imu".  The folks that have one make a lot of side money around Thanksgiving by cooking turkeys for people, they can pack a bunch of them in there!

We did a big pizza party and watched Angry Birds last weekend.  This weekend we are travelling to Maui for a few days. Unfortunately, Hurricane Lester is heading for the islands, so even if we stay on Oahu, I don't think the weather is going to be supportive of any BYT action this weekend. 

keep safe my friend
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 12:58:40 pm »

Unfortunately, Hurricane Lester is heading for the islands 

Keep safe... But I'll let ya know how the imu turns out...

"Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN!"
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 12:38:56 pm »

With Hurricane Lester growing in strength Thursday morning, we made the decision to suck up the rebooking fees and call off our trip.  By Thursday night the Hurricane had made a dramatic swing to the North and as of this morning it is confirmed it won't impact the islands at all.  Aside from a little rain, we could have gone on with the trip.  I am convinced that if we had proceedd with the trip, Maui would have had a direct hit because that seems to be my luck, so I am going to take credit for saving the island by cancelling my trip.

We are going to see the Beach Boys in concert tonight.  I am pretty excited, they were my first concert and now they will be my daughter's first concert.  I knew who they were though when I went, I don't think she has any concept.

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: