Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 10:01:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
108 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 10:01:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winding down the season  (Read 2824 times)
SR

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:45:41 pm »

Well it's that time of year for us where we start to wind down the season.  We've got at least a few more weekends of movies at the Sit & Vue, attendance for us always drops off after labor day I think it's a combination of kids back in school and the cooler wetter weather that sets in this time of year here.  So we are down to using just one screen and probably have another 3 - 5 weeks left of movies.  Jake should be back from his winter long business trip before spring so that shouldn't affect next years run.

Over at the Night-Sky's our last night there was Sunday the 4th, at this time I have no idea if there will be a 2017 season for him.  Gary has picked out the retirement community that he wants to move into and he has his place on the market.  He tells me he is in no hurry to sell, he wants to get as much for it as possible.  So we have to wait and see, I told him that if he is still there and wants to do another year I will help him out again.  I've actually really enjoyed my time at the Night-Sky, despite being rather run down his yard reminds me a lot of my yard when I had one.  I will miss it when it's gone.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 06:55:27 pm »

That is sad news for the Night-Sky if it is over for them.......I guess they say all good things come to an end. I hope he is around next year. Have you ever taken pictures there & if you have can you post a few? Take care Richard
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 10:22:41 pm »

That is sad news for the Night-Sky if it is over for them.......I guess they say all good things come to an end. I hope he is around next year. Have you ever taken pictures there & if you have can you post a few? Take care Richard
I took a few photos on my phone earlier in the year and then it died so those are now gone.  This coming weekend I need to go over there for a few hours to pull the equipment out of the booth and into his house for the winter and see what I can do with the roof on the booth.  It's a really small building you can't even stand inside it.  It's probably a 10X5 foot building with the roof extending over the door so even though your standing outside there is roof over you if your doing something in there.  Anyhow it's pretty clear from the staining that the roof has been leaking and since there is power running into the building and a few other things that don't come out for the winter I figure it would be best to either try to seal it up or get a tarp on it. 

Yes, it will be sad, if it is over for them but he and his friends will get a lifetime invite to the Sit & Vue.  I'd have to check my notes for the exact year but I believe he has had the BYT since the early 1990's, so it's definitely had a good long run.  If I can remember I'll take some pictures.

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 10:03:33 pm »

So the last night of the season at the Sit & Vue was Friday September 30th, it was suppose to be Saturday the 1st but we got rained out on the last night.  With the Night-sky's last night having been September 4th both BYT have rapped up for this year.  So now it's into winter mode, but this year there isn't much to do.  Jake is out of town on business until sometime in the winter, though I hear he gets to come home of all the holidays so that's good for him.  And at the Night-Sky not knowing what's going to happen with Gary's housing situation over the winter.  Basically what I'm saying is everything is stored for the winter, but nothing is planned for maintenance or upgrades at either theatre this time.  If we do anything at either place it'll likely be in the spring just before the season begins.  Assuming Jake is back home in time we are shooting to start next year at the Sit & Vue sometime in April, and memorial weekend for the Night-Sky.  So I hope ya'll keep posting though the winter so I can keep my BYT juices flowing!

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 09:44:48 am »

So the last night of the season at the Sit & Vue was Friday September 30th, it was suppose to be Saturday the 1st but we got rained out on the last night.  With the Night-sky's last night having been September 4th both BYT have rapped up for this year.  So now it's into winter mode, but this year there isn't much to do.  Jake is out of town on business until sometime in the winter, though I hear he gets to come home of all the holidays so that's good for him.  And at the Night-Sky not knowing what's going to happen with Gary's housing situation over the winter.  Basically what I'm saying is everything is stored for the winter, but nothing is planned for maintenance or upgrades at either theater this time.  If we do anything at either place it'll likely be in the spring just before the season begins.  Assuming Jake is back home in time we are shooting to start next year at the Sit & Vue sometime in April, and memorial weekend for the Night-Sky.  So I hope ya'll keep posting though the winter so I can keep my BYT juices flowing!

SR you do a great job for your neighbors & a better thing for Gary. Take the winter & relax.

I am going to do a post sometime this winter on inexpensive upgrades/ideas that you can do for your theater. Some of the ideas ....well I got to think of them first Grin Grin but I am sure when everyone shares their ideas we will have some good ones.

Well like in your case SR have a BBQ night if your setup allows for it. Some of the people can bring portable  grills & cook for the group or allow everyone to cook their own. (I have found in every group there are some people that love to cook like me Grin) It would be like a summer block party where you start early with a pot-luck cook out. It would not cost anything unless you supplied some plates napkins etc. Anyway, it may not be your thing but it might jump start a season.

Anyway everyone start coming up with ideas that save money, time & make for a better BYT day.
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 12:18:07 pm »

So the last night of the season at the Sit & Vue was Friday September 30th, it was suppose to be Saturday the 1st but we got rained out on the last night.  With the Night-sky's last night having been September 4th both BYT have rapped up for this year.  So now it's into winter mode, but this year there isn't much to do.  Jake is out of town on business until sometime in the winter, though I hear he gets to come home of all the holidays so that's good for him.  And at the Night-Sky not knowing what's going to happen with Gary's housing situation over the winter.  Basically what I'm saying is everything is stored for the winter, but nothing is planned for maintenance or upgrades at either theater this time.  If we do anything at either place it'll likely be in the spring just before the season begins.  Assuming Jake is back home in time we are shooting to start next year at the Sit & Vue sometime in April, and memorial weekend for the Night-Sky.  So I hope ya'll keep posting though the winter so I can keep my BYT juices flowing!

SR you do a great job for your neighbors & a better thing for Gary. Take the winter & relax.

I am going to do a post sometime this winter on inexpensive upgrades/ideas that you can do for your theater. Some of the ideas ....well I got to think of them first Grin Grin but I am sure when everyone shares their ideas we will have some good ones.

Well like in your case SR have a BBQ night if your setup allows for it. Some of the people can bring portable  grills & cook for the group or allow everyone to cook their own. (I have found in every group there are some people that love to cook like me Grin) It would be like a summer block party where you start early with a pot-luck cook out. It would not cost anything unless you supplied some plates napkins etc. Anyway, it may not be your thing but it might jump start a season.

Anyway everyone start coming up with ideas that save money, time & make for a better BYT day.

I'll be looking forward to that thread.  I always enjoy tossing ideas around even if I don't get to implement them.  Also on another note you might remember the thread on popcorn.  The Sit & Vue will be switching to popping it's popcorn fresh on a grill each night this coming season.  We tried it out a couple of times before we ended this last year and everyone either said it was better or that they couldn't tell the difference, and buying unpopped corn is cheaper than the prepopped so it make sence to move in that direction. 

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 09:17:13 am »

Hell NO!

I just put my 13 foot blow up boat in my slip. (talk about being late too the party).

The day I went in all these 35 to 50 foot boats were being pulled for the season.

They must think of me what you all know Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Anyway I had two great trips up the river (no I was not arrested). I was as happy as can be just me my little boat & the water.

I will be in another few weeks & will take advantage of the weather when I can.

It would be too much to get the theater going this year but next year I will start early

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 10:30:23 pm »

Hell NO!

I just put my 13 foot blow up boat in my slip. (talk about being late too the party).

The day I went in all these 35 to 50 foot boats were being pulled for the season.

They must think of me what you all know Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Anyway I had two great trips up the river (no I was not arrested). I was as happy as can be just me my little boat & the water.

I will be in another few weeks & will take advantage of the weather when I can.

It would be too much to get the theater going this year but next year I will start early

I'm going to hold you to that and I will look forward to hearing about you theater next year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: