Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 03:42:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
84 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 03:42:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween Movie Night  (Read 2231 times)
mrjohnson92688

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2016, 07:02:50 pm »

Once you get past the earthquakes, high home prices, and crazy government California is a great place for Backyard Theaters!

My theater is the El Potro Drive-Way theater. We host two movie nights a year our front and one in the backyard.

Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend is our opening night of the season. We had a double feature, Lego Movie and Spectre.

The backyard movie night was in August and we showed The Interview. I can't recommend that movie enough. It is raunchy but funny. Definitely a way to change things up. In the past we have shown movies like "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Bridesmaids" to give you an idea of what you can show when you have a No Kids night just for the mom's and dads.

Our most popular night is the Halloween movie night. We have it on the first Friday of October. This year that falls on October 7th. I also have a very extensive Halloween graveyard. So for movie night I put up about half of it and finish up my setup the Saturday after.

This year the first feature is Goosebumps. The second feature is Young Frankenstein. For the pre-show I have spooky music videos. Here is a list:

Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting
The Ghost Who Walks - Karen Elsen
Dracula's Lament -
Islands - Hallways
Stellar Corpses - Vampire Kiss
When You're Evil (Color Animatic)
Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
Michael Jackson - Thriller

This year I am showing the classic short "Bambi vs. Godzilla"

There are so many beautiful photos of everyone setup on this site.. and I have been remiss. I plan on doing some extensive photographing of this movie night to post.

I have attached the flyer for this years movie nights.

I create the flyers in a program called GIMP. I began with a Halloween Spook show poster from the 1940's-1950's. Made my own title on the top.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Carl Johnson
El Potro Drive-Way Theatre

* ElPotroDrive-WayMay2016MovieFlyer4BYT.png (355.06 KB, 600x771 - viewed 95 times.)

* October2016_ElPotroDrive-WayTheatre_4BYT.png (788.13 KB, 1200x1541 - viewed 101 times.)
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 11:03:28 pm »

Once you get past the earthquakes, high home prices, and crazy government California is a great place for Backyard Theaters!

My theater is the El Potro Drive-Way theater. We host two movie nights a year our front and one in the backyard.

Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend is our opening night of the season. We had a double feature, Lego Movie and Spectre.

The backyard movie night was in August and we showed The Interview. I can't recommend that movie enough. It is raunchy but funny. Definitely a way to change things up. In the past we have shown movies like "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Bridesmaids" to give you an idea of what you can show when you have a No Kids night just for the mom's and dads.

Our most popular night is the Halloween movie night. We have it on the first Friday of October. This year that falls on October 7th. I also have a very extensive Halloween graveyard. So for movie night I put up about half of it and finish up my setup the Saturday after.

This year the first feature is Goosebumps. The second feature is Young Frankenstein. For the pre-show I have spooky music videos. Here is a list:

Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting
The Ghost Who Walks - Karen Elsen
Dracula's Lament -
Islands - Hallways
Stellar Corpses - Vampire Kiss
When You're Evil (Color Animatic)
Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
Michael Jackson - Thriller

This year I am showing the classic short "Bambi vs. Godzilla"

There are so many beautiful photos of everyone setup on this site.. and I have been remiss. I plan on doing some extensive photographing of this movie night to post.

I have attached the flyer for this years movie nights.

I create the flyers in a program called GIMP. I began with a Halloween Spook show poster from the 1940's-1950's. Made my own title on the top.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Carl Johnson
El Potro Drive-Way Theatre

Sounds like a good fun time.  We are in the pacific northwest.  We show movies every Friday and Saturday night though the summer.  It's a lot of work doing that many movie nights and it can really tie you down, but it's also a lot of fun.  Only one time has our weather held out long enough for the Sit & Vue to be open the first weekend of October.   The Sit & Vue is still open currently, (although we had to cancel tonight because of rain) where as the Night-Sky's last weekend was labor day weekend.  I've always wanted to try doing a special showing for Halloween, on Thanksgiving weekend and maybe around X-mas but I've never done it. 

You might already know this, but Rocky Horror has a special place in my heart, as a local drive in that I frequented use to play it as a third show one night in August each year.  That DI is closed now, but we show it and a recorded interview with the manager as the third movie during the annual camp over night. 

Actually I was just looking at the long range forecast and I'm not sure.  If the forecast stays the same it looks like we'll be good for next Friday but not Saturday (currently 80% chance of rain), but the following weekend looks good.  Might have to consider some Halloween programming on the 1st and probably calling that the last night of the season.  As always this time of year got to wait and see how the forecast shapes up as we get closer. 

I have never made up fliers or advertised what we are showing, although I envy you guys that do because they look so cool (I just send out movie tittles to E-mail list).  With as many nights as we do movies I've always been a bit afraid of big brother I guess. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
mrjohnson92688

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 01:40:21 am »

Hey SR,

Thanks for the comments on the flyer. Sounds like you have a great setup up there. I use the flyers for a couple of reasons.. Many of my friends get so many emails sometimes it is lost in the shuffle. I find the flyer helps them remember the night. I have been told so many times "The flyer is on the fridge and the kids are so excited!" Lastly when I invite a new family sometimes the dad or mom understands what a Drive-Way theater is......... but they try to tell the spouse and it gets lost in the translation, but the flyer... I can just see the talk in the kitchen..."See Hun Carl has been doing this for over 12 years, his whole neighborhood comes out, let's go!"

But I am sure if I was doing films twice a week I would go crazy making flyers!. Keep up the good work!

Carl
mrjohnson92688

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 01:05:02 am »

The Halloween movie night went great!

I am posting a couple of photos. Pre Show and during the movies.

* PreShowSmaller.jpg (263.81 KB, 1023x768 - viewed 102 times.)

* MovieTimeSmaller.png (1096.99 KB, 1024x576 - viewed 107 times.)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 02:20:50 am »

The Halloween movie night went great!

I am posting a couple of photos. Pre Show and during the movies.

Carl, thanks for sharing your photos! It looks like a great evening and what a great way to get the neighbors together.  I like your flyer idea. 

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
mrjohnson92688

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 10:18:05 pm »

Thanks Red,

I find the flyers end up on fridges and serve as a reminder. I also email it to my friends. People have shown up saying "My neighbor sent me the flyer so I thought I would introduce myself!" It has been a great way to meet everyone.

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: