Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 03:49:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
90 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 03:49:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY Tripod Projector Mount  (Read 2922 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2016, 02:46:08 pm »

I like using a tripod for my projector when we are doing backyard movies because it is so adjustable and easy to level on uneven surfaces.  My Optoma HD141X isn't compatible with a standard tripod mount so I looked for a projector tripod mount.  While there are commercial products available, they didn't fit my budget so I needed to come up with an alternative.  I was able to build a projector mount for our tripod using an old license plate.  This setup has been great, I have a full write up with the pictures down below:   

http://www.backyardmovies.net/projector-tripod-mount-diy-project/

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
Lincolntech

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:56:23 pm »

I made something similar with my wife's small cookie sheet. She wasn't real happy about it!  It does make it very easy to adjust the projector.

* 101_0932.JPG (449.56 KB, 1152x864 - viewed 161 times.)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 12:58:33 am »

That is a great idea, it makes a really great shelf.  I like that the cookie sheet provides a lip so the projector can't slip off.

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:55:00 pm »

I keep meaning to post on this thread.  I'm lucky in that at both BYTs the PJs are mounted in a building.  But it wasn't always like that.  And you guys know me, I'm all about how much can I do for how little $$ and the tripod mount is genius.  It could be a $10 tripod from a thrift store and a $3 cookie sheet from the same place.  So for less than $15 you've got a good solid functional PJ mount.  You just can't beat that!  And you don't have to limit it to just PJs folks that use speakers could mount there speakers in the same way!

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 02:13:22 am »

I keep meaning to post on this thread.  I'm lucky in that at both BYTs the PJs are mounted in a building.  But it wasn't always like that.  And you guys know me, I'm all about how much can I do for how little $$ and the tripod mount is genius.  It could be a $10 tripod from a thrift store and a $3 cookie sheet from the same place.  So for less than $15 you've got a good solid functional PJ mount.  You just can't beat that!  And you don't have to limit it to just PJs folks that use speakers could mount there speakers in the same way!

I am always happy to know that I was able to contribute something useful to this esteemed group, even though I think I got one upped by @lincolntech's cookie sheet idea.  I am too clumsy, I needed to make sure my projector was bolted to something.

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 02:36:43 am »

I am always happy to know that I was able to contribute something useful to this esteemed group, even though I think I got one upped by @lincolntech's cookie sheet idea.  I am too clumsy, I needed to make sure my projector was bolted to something.

Ok story time!  So at the original Sit & Vue when it was in my backyard, when I had a backyard, it was on a hill, with the screen at the bottom.  It was sort of a natural amphitheater.  Anyhow the hill was step enough that the projector was on a little platform just a few inches off the ground.  Even at that the PJ was about a foot higher than the bottom of the screen.  To compensate for keystone effect the screen was tilted slightly back at the top.  Obviously not the ideal setup, but it worked.  Anyhow, we had a few problems with the PJ.  Mainly it involved kids carelessly knocking into it and dog leashes getting caught on it.  I will never forget the seeing the PJ bouncing down the hill on the end of dog leash just before the show one night.  Amazingly enough the PJ was fine, but I hadn't had it turned on so the bulb was cold, that might be what saved it.  After that I removed the leash requirement, the yard was fenced after all. 

Now if I had, had the tripod mount I might have been able to pull the PJ further up the hill and had it level with the top of the screen instead. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: