Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 09:29:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
101 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 09:29:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cleaning a da-lite screen  (Read 1558 times)
rbnhd21

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2016, 12:34:40 pm »

I have a da-lite screen that I use outdoors . my problem is dead bugs on the screen . How do I clean the bugs off the screen ? Thanks
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 01:10:11 pm »

I have a da-lite screen that I use outdoors . my problem is dead bugs on the screen . How do I clean the bugs off the screen ? Thanks

I'm not familiar with the da-lite screens, so hopefully someone will chime in that knows more about them.  Do you know what the screen material is? 

Our BOC screens get cleaned once a year before they are put away like this.  Lay on ground with screen face up.  Apply dish soap and water mixture and scrub with long handled brush then rinse with hose.  This works fine for our BOC screens, but I'm not sure what the da-lite is made out of and good scrubbing might not work well for all materials.  If it's just small bug spots maybe you could use a delicate fabric spot cleaner?

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 11:45:10 pm »

I don't know if this link will be useful for you, but it might help.

http://www.da-lite.com/~/media/images/dalite/product/series/resources/da-plex/polocoatinstructions.pdf

If your Da Lite screen is like mine, you have a silver screen, which means there is actual silver on the screen that increases the amount of light that the screen reflects.  The common consensus from what I have read is that any thing you  use to clean the screen degrades/damages the screen.  The advice has been don't bother replacing the screen, just replace it, the surface is too delicate to survive cleaning. 

I think I would try to let it dry out and then use a very soft brush or microfiber rag to brush off the dead bugs in order to minimize stress on the screen.  Please come back and share any lessons learned, especially if you are successful!

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: