Backyard Theater Forum
December 18, 2017, 01:14:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
110 Guests, 1 User
MikeMiesen
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:14:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News from the Night-Sky  (Read 1343 times)
SR

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:37:53 pm »

I've know about this for few weeks now but didn't want to post anything until I knew all the details and now I have most of them from Gary.  His house (and property) sold to a developer earlier in the month.  I'm no real estate guru, though to me it seems to be a pretty darn good deal for Gary.   So this same developer owns a few other pieces of property in his neighborhood, and is ultimately looking to do a large housing development there.  But I guess they still want to acquire some more parcels, so they have purchased Gary's property and are leasing it back to him.  The great thing is that Gary can now afford to hire help to come in and do the things he needs done like cleaning, taking him to the store ect.  He's really happy about this aspect.  The crappy thing is it's 90 day lease terms, starting on November 1st.  So right now he knows that he will be in his house until at least May 1st.  By February 1st he will know if he has to move out by May 1st or if he will get to stay until August 1st.  So 90 day lease, with 90 days eviction notice.  He's got his retirement facility picked for when the time comes.  To me it looks like a pretty good deal for him, but the BYT addict in me is saddened because it's another nail in the Night-Sky coffin.  So we are notice there and definitely going to be a wait and see as to whether or not we get one last summer there or not.  Either way it's been fun getting involved over there and if he does move out on May 1st you can bet we'll pick a day in April to do one last night for him!     

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 10:46:37 am »

Wow SR I don't know if that is good news or bad news but it is really Gary that must figure that out.

You have done a great thing for him the past few years. More of us should do what you have done for a fellow human being.

When he does move will he be able to come to your theater for movies or will he be far away?

For that last movie if it must be in April it would be nice to do his favorite movie or the first one he ever showed...etc.
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 12:14:28 am »

When he does move will he be able to come to your theater for movies or will he be far away?

For that last movie if it must be in April it would be nice to do his favorite movie or the first one he ever showed...etc.

Gary, will always welcome at the Sit & Vue I will even pick him up from the retirement facility and drive him back.  He's a good guy and I have truly enjoyed my time with him and just listening to his stories. 

Well at this point there is no longer the question of if, it is when.  It's in the new owner / developers hands now as to when he will move and the Night-sky is no more.   When that happens I'll gladly show whatever Gary wants and throw the man a party.  I think I'd invite everyone the comes to the Sit & Vue and hopefully fill his yard one last time.  He'd really like that. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: