Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 02:23:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
90 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 02:23:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theater battey light box today only  (Read 4226 times)
genesis76

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:33:36 pm »

https://www.yugster.com/todays-deals/anything-goes

I think it is on the small size

I think it is not waterproof

But it is a good price & cool
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 11:58:36 pm »

As I write this the website says I have 2 hours left to order it.  I am getting one, not sure yet might get a second.  It's possible that I might use them at the Sit & Vue, but the immediate use will be with my holiday lights.  We do an small LOR display where lights as synced to music.  I have had numerous banners made telling cars what radio frequency to tune into, but there are problems.  Some years I'm had to change frequency or I want to run just the AM transmitter or FM one.  Plus I have to set up a spot light just to illuminate the banner, and the light pollution from the spot light means that I have to keep the banner away from any projection, and the light show.  So it ends up in an out of the way location.  This would solve the light pollution issue and I can change the words as needed. 

It's really pretty easy to convert a battery operated device such as this sign to corded power using an old cellphone or laptop power supply.  Plug it in no batteries needed and it will turn off with the timer at night too.

Yea getting two!  Thanks!

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 02:31:18 pm »

I have two of them.  Battery or ac power.  I use them for my D-I set up. I put my FM radio station on them.  They are mounted on small speaker stands.

rg

rg
see you at the movies
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 03:46:21 pm »

They still have a few for sale.....I did not buy one....out of cash Cry Cry Cry

https://www.yugster.com/deals/74101-cinema-light-box-with-letter-and-number-cards
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 11:22:15 pm »

https://www.yugster.com/deals/74101-cinema-light-box-with-letter-and-number-cards
I don't really have any cash either, and I probably shouldn't have bought one let alone two, but I haven't spent a dime on myself in months so I made it work and bought two.  I've wanted something like that for years and years and if I pass on this I might not ever get one.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 09:28:21 am »

I don't really have any cash either, and I probably shouldn't have bought one let alone two, but I haven't spent a dime on myself in months so I made it work and bought two.  I've wanted something like that for years and years and if I pass on this I might not ever get one.

I agree SR I have also......but I want to buy a boat more LOL
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 01:24:52 pm »

I digress a little bit here, but I think that it is sad that spending $35.00 on a couple of signs is a strain.  So much has changed for me financially in the last 10 + years.  I went from being someone that could afford to spend a couple hundred at a time without thinking to much about it, to someone that has to pinch every penny, works a fulltime job and sells junk on E-bay just to barely make ends meet.  My carrier, the field that I'm in is in terrible shape in this part of the country and it's just so hard to get by anymore.  Sorry about unloading that but I needed to.  Thanks for listening  Smiley

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 09:13:10 pm »

I digress a little bit here, but I think that it is sad that spending $35.00 on a couple of signs is a strain.  So much has changed for me financially in the last 10 + years.  I went from being someone that could afford to spend a couple hundred at a time without thinking to much about it, to someone that has to pinch every penny, works a fulltime job and sells junk on E-bay just to barely make ends meet.  My carrier, the field that I'm in is in terrible shape in this part of the country and it's just so hard to get by anymore.  Sorry about unloading that but I needed to.  Thanks for listening  Smiley

IMO this country is in bad shape. Many of us can't make ends meet because our cost of living is going sky high & wages are not going up or we are out of jobs.
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 10:49:54 pm »

IMO this country is in bad shape. Many of us can't make ends meet because our cost of living is going sky high & wages are not going up or we are out of jobs.

I guess I'm lucky because I am working still and I have pretty decent medical though the company only picks up 1/2 of the cost.  But honestly I'm making a fraction of what I was about 10 years ago, and with the cost of living up it's a double punch.  Just doing the best I can do.  I think that's one of the reasons I have immersed myself so much into BYT.  Yes, I know lots of folks spend lots of money on upgrades, but I have managed to keep it on the cheap.  It's something that brings people together to have a good time and doesn't cost much if you don't want it to.  I hope you get back into it when you don't have to do so much care giving.  It's to bad we don't live closer together. 

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 11:06:59 pm »

I guess I'm lucky because I am working still and I have pretty decent medical though the company only picks up 1/2 of the cost.  But honestly I'm making a fraction of what I was about 10 years ago, and with the cost of living up it's a double punch.  Just doing the best I can do.  I think that's one of the reasons I have immersed myself so much into BYT.  Yes, I know lots of folks spend lots of money on upgrades, but I have managed to keep it on the cheap.  It's something that brings people together to have a good time and doesn't cost much if you don't want it to.  I hope you get back into it when you don't have to do so much care giving.  It's to bad we don't live closer together. 

I agree! on all of it!  I really don't want HD outside or 3D. I just want to be able to go outside & watch movies LOL The whole thing is just fun & yes we don't need to spend big money on this....It is just fun period
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 11:39:44 am »

I forgot to mention I received the two light boxes that I ordered the other day.  First thing I did was converted it to a plug in, as they were designed to operate on 6 AA batteries.  So this is how the conversion worked, and you can apply it to a lot of low draw battery operated devices if you want to be able to plug it in.  6 AA batteries, each one is 1.5 volts so that's a total of 9.00 volts.  Found myself an old cellphone charger rated for 9 volts, cut the end off of the charger, stripped the wires back and attached it to the terminals inside the battery cover.  So now I can plug them into a power cord, but if I ever want to run them on batteries I can still do that.  Works pretty good!  Also I am quite happy with the light boxes too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: