Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 03:36:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
76 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 03:36:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Summer Night  (Read 1974 times)
Steve302

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:16:27 pm »

Hi All,

Its been sometime since I posted anything on the forum. I've just returned to work after the festive season and got enjoy some BYT over my holiday. I now use a Camp Chef OS 144 screen utilising rear projection - its a robust surface that is easily cleaned and looks the part. It is quite a contrast from my now retired Carls 16 x 9 BOC screen that is a veritable sail and I would frequently have my cinematic experience diminished because I was distracted by straining tiedown ropes and groaning joints in my aluminium frame. This however seemed never to be noticed by others watching, only me. The new screen is certainly smaller which I don't love but as they say size isn't everything - I must admit it doesn't evoke the same sense of awe I used to see in guests that had not been privy to the outdoor cinema experience previously. The epson EB1980WU 4400 lumen light cannon set to maximum output gives a great image (thanks to the members who recommended this one to me)

I've sold my cumbersome active PA speakers and mixing deck and associated plethora of cords and cables and replaced it with a sleek little all in one Lucas Nano 300 PA system. This little fellow is great, giving good sound without the low frequency output that impacts on the neighbours. I'm really happy with this little guy and would recommend him tho anyone. I use one power socket for the whole sheebang and another for the projector and last for the Bluray player (Happy Days)

My setup lacks the ingenuity of my earlier setup but is clean, efficient, and enables me to readily continue my soiree with outdoor cinema. I've attached a picture form January 1 where my 3 sons a had a couple of friends over to watch a preroll of scooter, trampoline and general high jinx clips from youtube followed by San Andreas which is great outdoors

Best wishes,
Steve

* movie2.jpg (1585.29 KB, 4208x2368 - viewed 167 times.)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 07:07:10 pm »

Hi All,

Its been sometime since I posted anything on the forum. I've just returned to work after the festive season and got enjoy some BYT over my holiday. I now use a Camp Chef OS 144 screen utilising rear projection - its a robust surface that is easily cleaned and looks the part. It is quite a contrast from my now retired Carls 16 x 9 BOC screen that is a veritable sail and I would frequently have my cinematic experience diminished because I was distracted by straining tiedown ropes and groaning joints in my aluminium frame. This however seemed never to be noticed by others watching, only me. The new screen is certainly smaller which I don't love but as they say size isn't everything - I must admit it doesn't evoke the same sense of awe I used to see in guests that had not been privy to the outdoor cinema experience previously. The epson EB1980WU 4400 lumen light cannon set to maximum output gives a great image (thanks to the members who recommended this one to me)

I've sold my cumbersome active PA speakers and mixing deck and associated plethora of cords and cables and replaced it with a sleek little all in one Lucas Nano 300 PA system. This little fellow is great, giving good sound without the low frequency output that impacts on the neighbours. I'm really happy with this little guy and would recommend him tho anyone. I use one power socket for the whole sheebang and another for the projector and last for the Bluray player (Happy Days)

My setup lacks the ingenuity of my earlier setup but is clean, efficient, and enables me to readily continue my soiree with outdoor cinema. I've attached a picture form January 1 where my 3 sons a had a couple of friends over to watch a preroll of scooter, trampoline and general high jinx clips from youtube followed by San Andreas which is great outdoors

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve! Welcome back to the forum.  It looks like a great setup and I can't imagine a better flick for outdoor viewing.  It is even better in 3D if you take your setup to the next level.  Great write up on the Camp Chef screen.  I have a colleague that has one that he uses for a Halloween display, he said it is great but really, really heavy duty from a construction aspect and heavy from a weight perspective.  Has that been your experience?  Thanks again.

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
Steve302

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:00:15 pm »

There are some movies that are just better outdoors and San Andreas is in my mind one of those. I have struggled in recent times to find movies that resonates with my children, selective invitees and most importantly my inner child so we've tended to stay indoors more so than earlier in my BYT adventure. I really enjoy doing a good outdoor night and you're right about the camp chef, it is hardy but perhaps lacks a bit of finesse with the screen which undoubtedly slightly dimishes the image quality. For rear projection you need a good light cannon to make the image "pop" . It packs away neatly and has serviced me well for the past couple of years. I kind of wish Camp Chef built a slightly bigger screen and may go back to a larger screen down the track.

What really makes life easier for me is downsizing the PA gear to an all in one (active sub with satellite speakers) which is fantastic.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:40:15 pm »

Steve it is so funny but so true we see things wrong with our systems that others don't.....please visit more often
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 10:50:15 pm »

Good to see your "still in the game".  While popping and giving a sense of awe is great, sometimes it is more important to have a system in place that is easier on YOU.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Steve302

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:55:20 pm »

Steve it is so funny but so true we see things wrong with our systems that others don't.....please visit more often

I have a confession, I visit the forum on an almost daily basis to check for new posts. I do this in downtime when I'm at work. I enjoy reading member reviews of equipment and the ingenuity of fabricating a setup irrespective of budget constraints. I have limited understanding of some of the technical terminology that permeates the posts of some of our more knowledgable members but enjoy reading them anyway. I  imaginine that my  understanding improves through osmosis though this is most likely false hope on my behalf.

I am ever so appreciative of the contributions of a small group of members who continue to post as it offers me hope that the forum may again drive ideas and discussion of this fantastically satisfying past time. Rest assured I visit frquently and the words added to the forum by the few are read and considered thoughtfully by me despite the absence of my recent input.

Steve
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 04:21:29 pm »

I have a confession, I visit the forum on an almost daily basis to check for new posts. I do this in downtime when I'm at work. I enjoy reading member reviews of equipment and the ingenuity of fabricating a setup irrespective of budget constraints. I have limited understanding of some of the technical terminology that permeates the posts of some of our more knowledgable members but enjoy reading them anyway. I  imaginine that my  understanding improves through osmosis though this is most likely false hope on my behalf.

I am ever so appreciative of the contributions of a small group of members who continue to post as it offers me hope that the forum may again drive ideas and discussion of this fantastically satisfying past time. Rest assured I visit frquently and the words added to the forum by the few are read and considered thoughtfully by me despite the absence of my recent input.

Steve

Thanks Steve.  Is good to know checking in.  Sometimes when it's quiet on the forums I start to think that only about three of us login anymore and it's nice to know others are still reading.  I'd like to think that we all sort of have our special nitch where it comes to the technical stuff, but the bottom line is if you can throw an image on a screen and produce sound you'll have a good time with it.  It doesn't have to be perfect and you really don't need to know much technical stuff to make it work.   

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: