Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 02:10:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
111 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 02:10:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest Survey  (Read 4336 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:09:52 am »

I would like to know what people are interested in learning more about as it pertains to Backyard Theaters.  I know there are a lot of lurkers who cannot register for the site, so I am using survey monkey vs the embed survey so that more people can participate.  I will post results when I get a significant number of responses. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZC2GZHG

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:50:41 am »

Good post my friend Grin Grin
ranman101

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 01:48:53 am »

Nice idea, but bigger question is why aren't people being allowed to register. I understand there could be numerous reasons, but just letting us know would be cool. I have more people I meet who would love to be on here, and they can just lurk. Is there anything we as members could do to help?
mykal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 01:22:08 pm »

Nice idea, but bigger question is why aren't people being allowed to register. I understand there could be numerous reasons, but just letting us know would be cool. I have more people I meet who would love to be on here, and they can just lurk. Is there anything we as members could do to help?

http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php/topic,8837.0.html

Projector: BenQ W1070 - 9'X16' Black out cloth screen - 4,000 watt stereo
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 12:44:31 am »

Quite simply it's because the man in charge is MIA and won't let anyone help him keep the site going.  It's very unfortunate, see the thread mykal links to for details.

Red,
I think your survey is a great idea.  I hope that folks participate in it.  I'd be more than happy to do a write up if there is a topic that I'm strong at that folks want to learn about.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
ranman101

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 12:50:05 am »

I had never seen the letter from Randy, so thanks for sharing thread. Part of me feels bad that I'm one of those who would love to see this grow, yet I understand for him it's a hobby.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 11:24:18 am »

I guess sometimes life deals you a runaway horse
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 06:45:44 pm »

I had never seen the letter from Randy, so thanks for sharing thread. Part of me feels bad that I'm one of those who would love to see this grow, yet I understand for him it's a hobby.

Yes, and I don't begrudge him of keeping it as just a hobby, but without new members the forums will slow to a halt.  It has already slowed so much from when I joined.  I'd just like it if he would like someone other than himself could approve new members so that for those of us that have come to rely on these forums we can keep what we have going.  That is my only gripe. 

Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 01:09:22 pm »

I would like to know what people are interested in learning more about as it pertains to Backyard Theaters.  I know there are a lot of lurkers who cannot register for the site, so I am using survey monkey vs the embed survey so that more people can participate.  I will post results when I get a significant number of responses. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZC2GZHG

265 views, but only 10 responses. I appreciate everyone who took the time to take the survey.

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 06:44:52 pm »

265 views, but only 10 responses. I appreciate everyone who took the time to take the survey.

Red,
if it were me I would let the survey run for a while.  I think this time of year less folks are thinking about BYT in general.  So I'd say just let it run for a while, I'd really like to see you get a significant number of responses, so we can do some sharing. 

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 09:21:00 pm »

Red,
if it were me I would let the survey run for a while.  I think this time of year less folks are thinking about BYT in general.  So I'd say just let it run for a while, I'd really like to see you get a significant number of responses, so we can do some sharing. 

X2
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 11:26:49 pm »

Red,
You and the survey you created has inspired me.  I'm going to do a couple of things.  Right now I am writing a tutorial on wood frame / plywood screens.  Some ideas on building them, materials, anchoring and maintaining the wood surface.  Since I have built wood screens, moved one, repainted, repaired ect it's something that I know about that doesn't get brought up a lot here so I thought it would be fun to do a little write up on it, I'm sure there will be a few folks that will be interested in it.  I started it at work today, so I'm hoping to have it finished and posted tomorrow. 

After that I'm going to do a write up on lumens and estimating foot lamberts.  Then I may do an updated 3.0 version of the broadcasting your sound write up, though I'm not sure there are really any changes needed so we'll see how I feel after doing the two new ones I guess.  To me it's fun to share so it'll be fun for me to do this even better if a few folks get something from it.  So thanks Redsparow1 you've inspired me!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 12:13:27 am by SR » Logged

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 11:39:40 am »

Red,
You and the survey you created has inspired me.  I'm going to do a couple of things.  Right now I am writing a tutorial on wood frame / plywood screens.  Some ideas on building them, materials, anchoring and maintaining the wood surface.  Since I have built wood screens, moved one, repainted, repaired ect it's something that I know about that doesn't get brought up a lot here so I thought it would be fun to do a little write up on it, I'm sure there will be a few folks that will be interested in it.  I started it at work today, so I'm hoping to have it finished and posted tomorrow. 

After that I'm going to do a write up on lumens and estimating lumens.  Then I may do an updated 3.0 version of the broadcasting your sound write up, though I'm not sure there are really any changes needed so we'll see how I feel after doing the two new ones I guess.  To me it's fun to share so it'll be fun for me to do this even better if a few folks get something from it.  So thanks Redsparow1 you've inspired me!

Man, I hope I pass your screen test Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink Wink
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 11:56:23 am »

Red,

After that I'm going to do a write up on lumens and estimating lumens.  Then I may do an updated 3.0 version of the broadcasting your sound write up, though I'm not sure there are really any changes needed so we'll see how I feel after doing the two new ones I guess.  To me it's fun to share so it'll be fun for me to do this even better if a few folks get something from it.  So thanks Redsparow1 you've inspired me!

Man, I hope I pass your screen test Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink Wink

LOL, it'll be a toughie  Smiley Smiley

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 05:40:37 pm »

Wow, that was a lot more work than I thought it would be.  It's also a lot longer than I expected, but it's posted now in the screen section, thread titled building and maintaining a wood movie screen.   Hopefully some folks will find it interesting and / or helpful.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: