Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
52 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 05:44:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 12:30:56 am]

[Yesterday at 05:48:56 pm]

[Yesterday at 02:12:27 pm]

[Yesterday at 12:34:17 am]

[August 18, 2014, 08:46:21 pm]

[August 18, 2014, 07:00:50 pm]

[August 18, 2014, 01:48:00 pm]

[August 18, 2014, 08:52:57 am]

[August 18, 2014, 04:06:24 am]

[August 18, 2014, 03:31:24 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here - Weekend Test Drive  (Read 90583 times)
LivinInMichigan
Offline Posts: 27

Blue Moon Outdoor Theatre

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2006, 09:27:54 pm »

Hi Everyone- We are new here and let me tell you how excited we have been since find this forum!!!  So excited we did a simple test run this weekend.  Our daughter and her school friends get together just about every weekend to host a "movie night".  Every time we have it here we are kicked out of the living room due to a small house.  We now have a 3 season solution  Wink
We were unable to locate the PlasTex from Parkland Plastics anywhere in SE Michigan.  We went with the another backer board (1/8") that is used in bathrooms.  But it is not flexible for rolling.  We attached it to a couple of 2x6 and temporally fastened it to our fence near where we are installing a new patio.  It did have a glare and we needed more to the bottom.  So for a quick fix we happen to have some white aluminum facing that we cut and attached to the bottom (not pictured) that worked perfect and without the glare.  If they made larger sheets I would use that for the screen with its matte finish it was ideal.  It was a quick fix for the purpose.  Borrowed a projector from work (Sharp NoteVision) that again served its purpose.  Hooked up our surround sound speakers - fired up the BBQ - chilled the soda and the kids were in movie heaven!  It went over so well we did again the next night and extend out invite to other friends that were staying home for the Memorial weekend.  We are going to make some changes to improve the screen quality.  We are looking on eBay for a projector and are printing invited for the official opening!!! We will keep you updated  Cool

* Test Outdoor Screen.JPG (310.6 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 4748 times.)
Pass_The_Off
Offline Posts: 215

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 09:40:00 pm »

Quick and easy.

I see a dual use too.  Rent out the back side of the screen for adverticements.
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2405

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 10:25:04 pm »

Way to go!

And welcome to the forums!  We’re glad you’re here.

So, it feels good, doesn’t it?  Putting something like this together and having the kids so excited about it.  There’s no going back now!

If you continue to have glare problems, you might be able to roll a coat of flat white paint on that screen.  I don’t know how well it would adhere, however.  I used flat white on my first screen and it was handy for touchups with a small roller.

Well, we know where to find you for the rest of the summer.  Great job!

Enjoy your backyard theater and keep us posted on updates.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

LivinInMichigan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 10:13:18 am »

Quick and easy.

I see a dual use too.  Rent out the back side of the screen for adverticements.

Funny you should say that - a friend made the same comment!!  It is only in a temporary location right now.  The back yard will be its official home in two weeks.  One of the local fire departments is right across the street and they wanted to know if they could make requests for movie suggestions.  There is a funny *adult* story that goes along with their comment but we will just say we told them we would allow PG-13 requests only Shocked
LivinInMichigan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:19:31 am »

This is like learning to snowboard for me - now I have something to occupy all 4 seasons.  Once the screen is put away for the winter, out come the boots & boards.  Now eBay will have my attention all year round.

I think we will try something with either using a paint or another material for the screen.  I just cannot say how awesome this is going to be.  Even the older kids (18, 20) thought it was the coolest thing. 

Thanks again!!!
Emperor PalpaTim
Offline Posts: 48

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 10:20:55 am »

I think that has to be the biggest reward for all of us who have backyard theaters:  Hearing how much people enjoy it. 

LivinInMichigan:  I'd try painting it with a flat super-white paint first.  That'd be the cheapest solution. 

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: