Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
50 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 12:47:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 03:46:04 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:55:40 am]

[Yesterday at 10:22:26 am]

[December 18, 2014, 09:59:27 pm]

[December 18, 2014, 02:21:31 pm]

[December 17, 2014, 07:02:45 pm]

[December 16, 2014, 01:37:18 pm]

[December 10, 2014, 12:51:56 am]

[December 04, 2014, 11:06:40 pm]

[December 04, 2014, 02:44:34 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cedar Forest Theater opens!!  (Read 21594 times)
rickwhatever
Offline Posts: 100

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2008, 03:11:41 pm »

thank you for all the help in making me look so good in front of my neighbors.  special thanks to Hawkes who needed monk like patience while i learned how to do blender intros.  thanks again for the help on my speaker wire, screen frame, and popcorn making tutorial.  another special thanks for the ticket creator.  that was a huge hit. its true, you are your own worst critic.

when i started up the AV equipment, my sound was too low, the screen was too small, and then i thought the seats were going to be an issue, let alone the fact that i had never used a popcorn maker before.  after the movie i heard how big the screen was, how great the sound was, how comfortable the seating was and good think i made plenty of popcorn.

we watched national treasure 2 and it was great if no one has shown it yet.  i found out that my neighbors threshold for movie ratings is quite higher than i anticipated.  which is good.  i dont have to show pixar movies all the time.  one of my neighbors even bought me the new rambo movie as a theater warming gift.  and the one next door who we have had a rough time with lately came over and things are lookin up.  no one left unhappy and they want me to do it again soon.  thanks again everyone for all your help.
Sparge
Offline Posts: 2863

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 03:43:59 pm »

Congrats on the opening!  Don't you love it when a plan comes together?   Grin

-Sparge-
Hawkes
Offline Posts: 463

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:10:22 pm »

That's great to hear.... glad things worked out.  You said it.... you are your own worst critic.  The things you think will ruin it for everyone sometimes aren't even noticed by anyone but yourself. 

So when's the next gathering?

-Hawkes

rickwhatever

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 04:28:20 pm »

trying for 2-4 weeks between shows.  i would have had twice the people if i gave them more notice.  im actually using a myspace page to let them know about upcoming shows and times and ideas for food.  havent got it ready to go just yet, but its in the works.
rickwhatever

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 06:52:02 pm »

just a few photos of cedar forest cinema...............

* ricktheater.JPG (36.42 KB, 448x299 - viewed 2737 times.)

* theater2.JPG (32.98 KB, 448x299 - viewed 2171 times.)
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 07:11:50 am »

1. I LOVE your deck and your back yard!  That is the type of back yard that I wish I had.

2. Great way to mount the screen.

3. If/When you get crowds that are too big to fit on your deck, have you thought of moving the screen back and having balcony seating on your upper deck?

dorsalfin
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 12:00:10 pm »

3. If/When you get crowds that are too big to fit on your deck, have you thought of moving the screen back and having balcony seating on your upper deck?

I can see that  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You did a great job injoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dorsalfin
PyramidPyro
Offline Posts: 555

Burn, baby, burn!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 12:06:03 pm »

Forgive me, but what is the black coloring on the back of your screen?  I'm not at all familiar with the actual look and composition of different screen materials.

Thanks,

Erik

www.PyramidPyro.com  .......because it's unnecessary and totally ridiculous.  That's why! - Ventura County Backyard Theater
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 12:40:56 pm »

I'd actually set up the balcony seating before you need it just because it looks like it would be really, really cool to have both balcony and main level seating.   Smiley

rickwhatever

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:19:31 pm »

Forgive me, but what is the black coloring on the back of your screen?  I'm not at all familiar with the actual look and composition of different screen materials.

Thanks,

Erik
i bought the screen as a single piece from a guy who builds them for high end clients.  i told him i was building it outside and he said i should consider one of his "seconds".  basically the people who pay 10 grand for a huge screen dont want to see small wrinkles in the material.  i couldnt even see them when the screen arived.  it is actual movie screen material.  very good quality.  i think the 6 x 10.5 foot screen cost me less than 30 dollars.  it cost about the same but a little more to ship it.  i will try to find the ebay link and post it here. 
rickwhatever

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:25:06 pm »

1. I LOVE your deck and your back yard!  That is the type of back yard that I wish I had.

2. Great way to mount the screen.

thanks a lot for your praises....my wife and i both worked extremely hard on the screen mounts and frame.  we actually built the deck with family help in 2 and a half days.  took a week to stain it.  im only talking about the lower level.  the upper was existing when we built the house.  as far as the upper deck...it sounds great in theory and the picture and sound are good up there.  one issue.  the little 8 year old girls who sat there last time decided that throwing smarties and popcorn down on us was funny.....and since i didnt get hit, it was.  but my electronics mount right under the middle of the upper deck and i am paranoid about any one...8 year old or 80 year old spilling a drink.  my wife wants to seal it up with metal roofing material, but she doesnt know how to do that so i think she should keep her ideas to herself...ha ha.  we are looking at the upper deck seriously.  i was wondering if it is possible to put a set of surround speakers up there and just tie them in parralel with the others or if this will not work??  anyone have thoughts?
rickwhatever

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 11:32:18 pm »

Thanks,

Erik

here is the link to the guy's ebay store. if you call him or email him about one of his seconds, you will not be disappointed.  no light loss and very good quality.

http://stores.ebay.com/Feature-Presentation-LLC

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: