Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
56 Guests, 3 Users
bdwalker1, Sparge, redeemed763
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:41:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 10:03:10 am]

[Today at 09:47:22 am]

[Today at 09:32:01 am]

[Yesterday at 11:17:00 pm]

[Yesterday at 01:06:52 pm]

[Yesterday at 09:38:21 am]

by Chaz
[Yesterday at 01:04:26 am]

[April 16, 2014, 11:34:35 pm]

[April 16, 2014, 10:49:28 pm]

[April 16, 2014, 05:25:16 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks guys  (Read 115946 times)
Barklc
Offline Posts: 11

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:15:24 pm »

This is my first post but I have been visiting and reading the site for about a month now.  I bought a Espon S3 PJ and RCA 2760 sound system and tonight was my first showing. It went great!  Most of the neighborhood was there and they all loved it.  Since life is so busy, most of us don't get to interact with each other much and this allowed us all a chance to talk.  The kids loved the idea of watching the movie outside and the parents enjoyed the time with other adults.  I think I have found my new hobby for the summers. 

I am so glad I found this site and the new fun it has brought into the neighborhood.  Thanks.
Pass_The_Off
Offline Posts: 215

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:46:34 pm »

Howdy and welcome

What kind of screen are you useing?
Got any Pics of your layout?
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2403

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 08:59:37 am »

Welcome Barklc, we’re glad you’re here.

I love seeing posts like this.  You’ve made my day and probably the day of so many who contribute here.

Yes, you’re in the trap now.  There’s no turning back.  And the great thing is, this fits in with other hobbies and activities.  You can do what you do during the day, and then extend the fun with an outdoor movie at night with those same friends.

Have a blast!!

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

Barklc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 11:55:58 am »

The screen was two king size sheets Heat bonded together and attached to the back wall of the garage.  It worked well except that it  let to much of the pj light through it.  I had orginally bought a cloth tarp from Home Depot.  It turned out to be more like paper then cloth and was lined with plastic. We tried to get the wrickles out of it but were unsuccessful.  The second problem, there was a large seam down the middle.  I am thinking of hanging it behind the bed sheets, plastic side out, to take advantage of the plastic's reflective nature. Any ideas/comments?

As for pictures, we did not take any.  The whole thing came together somewhat last minute but I will post some after our next viewing.
tlogan6797
Offline Posts: 933

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 09:34:59 am »

Welcome barklc!

ANOTHER convert! Pretty soon, EVERYONE will have a backyard theater and there will be no one left to invite! Glad it worked out for you!

I know the type of tarp you are talking about. I think what you want is make sure you get canvas. Read up on the many threads about screens and you should have plenty of ideas for your next showing. My screen is sewn together black out cloth and the seem is virtually invisible. Even the little rip I duct-taped together was not noticible.

Good luck!
Tom
Barklc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 06:58:38 pm »

Here are pictures of my current setup.  The first is of the equipment cart that allows me to quick rollout, plugin power and away we go.  The second is of my screen.

* DCP03456s.jpg (478.15 KB, 600x800 - viewed 4129 times.)

* DCP03457s.jpg (373.28 KB, 800x600 - viewed 7159 times.)
Pass_The_Off
Offline Posts: 215

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 05:26:37 pm »

Neat cart!
familyguy
Offline Posts: 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 11:46:09 pm »

The screen was two king size sheets Heat bonded together and attached to the back wall of the garage.  It worked well except that it  let to much of the pj light through it.  I had orginally bought a cloth tarp from Home Depot.  It turned out to be more like paper then cloth and was lined with plastic. We tried to get the wrickles out of it but were unsuccessful.  The second problem, there was a large seam down the middle.  I am thinking of hanging it behind the bed sheets, plastic side out, to take advantage of the plastic's reflective nature. Any ideas/comments?

As for pictures, we did not take any.  The whole thing came together somewhat last minute but I will post some after our next viewing.

hi, first time posting so sorry if its not in the right area... 2 things ive tried so far that are reasonable are 1. tyvek black and white plastic, its got a good reflective surface to it, the wrinkles are minimal and if you can spray adhesive it to a piece of plywood it works nice. and its about a buck a foot and 10' wide. 2. just simply 2 pieces of styro foam sheets (4X8) and taped in the back together.
Danoplex II
Offline Posts: 1285

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 10:36:54 pm »

Hey man, welcome to the madness!  I have got a place that will make you a custom screen out of canvas if you want to know about it.  Cost me about 100.00 for a 8x16.  Worth every penny.  The other thing I tried was a white tarp.  Got it at a place online tarps and something.  Was about 14.00.  Too shiny though.  I tried painting it with flat white pait.  Got an awesome buzz off the paint and it looked great the first time but after I rolled it up, all the paint started flaking off and I looked like I had white specks all over me.  Let me know if you need help with the canvas.

Dano

gdmanry
Offline Posts: 90

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 01:14:47 pm »

Just so you know you've conquered the big hurdle, in my opinion.  I also have the Powerlite S3 and what a PJ!  I don't know if it's just because my backyard is so dark, but I can throw that thing on a 300" screen from 50' and the picture is spectacular.  Especially in HD!  I'd think you have a lot of options with that projector.

gdm

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: