Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
66 Guests, 1 User
MikeMiesen
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 09:42:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 05:45:39 pm]

[Yesterday at 12:02:36 pm]

[November 17, 2014, 11:17:57 pm]

[November 17, 2014, 03:40:32 pm]

[November 11, 2014, 03:45:14 pm]

[November 11, 2014, 01:43:05 am]

[November 10, 2014, 08:02:22 pm]

[November 10, 2014, 07:28:41 pm]

[November 08, 2014, 05:39:49 pm]

[November 06, 2014, 10:34:08 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here  (Read 134603 times)
Bubba
Offline Posts: 125

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2006, 09:43:27 am »

Hi,
I just stumbled in here today.. I didn't realize there were so many others into this...Now I am really in trouble Grin

I just had my first outdoor movie last night...  My buddy owns a home theater business, so he got me going with some nice stuff in the house, theater in the basement, outdoor sound, etc. I've been on a kick to do something outside for a little while now. He had someone upgrade their home theater, and I acquired the "old stuff". Its a Da-Lite Cosmopolitan series motorized screen 84" 4:3, a nice pair of Linn speakers, and Phillips LC-4345 Pj with 70hrs on it.  This along with another Linn Center channel cost me $350. We finally had a rain free sat night, so we got busy setting it up. I ran the audio through an Onkyo receiver and used my xbox for the dvd player.. I also setup my old Yamaha Sub, which surprisingly put out some bass... We watched a movie, then played xbox on the screen...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:17:04 am by Bubba » Logged
evil-fraggle
Offline Posts: 90

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 09:51:37 am »

Welcome to the boards Bubba.  I bet we all wish we could aquire some of that "old stuff". Looks Great!

Marye
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2406

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 10:11:56 am »

Nice job, Bubba -- and welcome to our forums!

Really glad to see someone using the swingset/playset.  I've been working on a kit for that very thing in our upcoming store!  I've always felt that those playset structures were way underutilized.

Sounds like you got a nice deal on some great gear too.  Gotta love that!

Thanks for sharing.  You're in our "Featured Members" sections now.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

kelemvor
Offline Posts: 1377

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 10:30:37 am »

I like the swingset idea too.  That's pretty cool.  And a motorized screen?  Sheesh.

Bubba
Offline Posts: 125

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 11:01:17 am »

Thanks everyone... I used 1/4" lags into the beams and the screen mount has 2 holes that just pop onto the screws. The speakers are mounted with a screw and they just pop on also. The next time, the whole setup except for dialing in the pj should take me about 5 min.. all the wiring has quick disconnect plugs..
  The swingset is in a perfect location for this. My yard slopes down about 3 feet. For last night, we set all the gear on milk crates, but now that I know approximate heights and such, I will make something to mount the pj on so I have better adjustments. We were shimming it with blocks of wood, cd cases, etc just to get it lined up close. The equipment is down low so it doesn't block any view of the screen. The kids were all sitting in chairs on the lawn and the adults were sitting on the patio without being blocked. 

I like the motorized screen, and the size is perfect for the area. By the time we cleaned up last night, there was a pretty heavy dew on everything, including the screen. I put it back outside this morning to let it dry, and noticed that it is covered in bugs. Anyone know what is safe to clean the screens? I know they make screen cleaner, but there has to be something else...
Cinema BBQ
Offline Posts: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 07:56:48 pm »

Nice setup. I like the multi use of the outdoor play equipment.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: