Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
86 Guests, 1 User
everette
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:15:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 09:29:53 pm]

[Today at 02:21:23 pm]

[Today at 07:03:26 am]

[Yesterday at 06:46:54 pm]

[Yesterday at 05:05:43 pm]

[Yesterday at 08:53:33 am]

[April 21, 2014, 11:11:30 pm]

[April 21, 2014, 04:50:46 pm]

[April 21, 2014, 11:59:52 am]

[April 20, 2014, 05:50:34 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just another Saturday Night...  (Read 91835 times)
cafemom
Offline Posts: 372

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2006, 01:56:10 pm »

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to share a picture.  We held the first backyard movie of summer 06 on our NEW GRASS!. (we have been viewing on the driveway previously while the grass took hold out back!).
We watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  Long movie but everyone loved it.  We played it with the sing along too and everyone got into the act!  I think this could become the new "Rocky Horror"! ha ha   Had one of my personalized previews as well.  trailers fro "Attack of the 50 ft woman", "20 milllions miles to earth" and some old time drive in movie intermissions. Also the mountain dew shark commercial - which everyone found hysterical.   We all bbq'd and everyone brought a dish & a drink to share.  Someone even brought "sausage tarts" (refernece from the movie - clever I thought!) Great time was had by all!
The tarp is a 9x12 that we just hung from the patio.  Had the bose speaker behind us and my son's stero speakers faced out towards the audience.  It's a simple setup, but works great for us!
cafemom

Grab a blanket, a chair & a friend and join us outside!

rtsmith99
Offline Posts: 53

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 08:56:22 am »

Sounds fun...where's the pic?
cafemom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:55:10 am »

my apologies... let me try that again. Roll Eyes
cafemom

* bkyrd movie aug 19 screen.jpg (89.8 KB, 778x584 - viewed 3907 times.)

* bkyrd movie aug 19 setup.jpg (180.5 KB, 584x778 - viewed 2562 times.)

rtsmith99
Offline Posts: 53

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 06:34:51 am »

I'd say you look pretty organized Smiley  I think your set up will be similar to mine somewhat.  What kind of audio do you have there?  It looks like a mini tower?  How many speakers are you able to hook it up to?
tlogan6797
Offline Posts: 933

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 10:22:46 am »

cafe -

Great job! Looks like you're well on your way now. Welcome to the club.

I hope you know it never ends. Once it's in your blood, you're hooked for life! Grin

Tom
Cherry Hills
Offline Posts: 1181

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 12:52:00 pm »

Well, I wouldn't call your opening night in the backyard "just another Saturday night". I looks like it was a standout evening. Ain't it great?

Cherry Hills Drive-way Theater
cafemom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 06:20:21 pm »

We love it!!!  Everytime we do this, it's just that much more fun.  I always love when a new family comes.  They get pulled up front, introduced and everyone gives them a rousing cheer!....then they drink the koolaid and are hooked!!!
audio wise, right now we have a bose radio that i hook up to the dvd player and my sons cheapy stereo at the screen.  all hooked up thru some cat-5 wiring, i think - that seems to do the trick.  I let my  "audio-head" friend take care of all that.  he  is determined to "hook me up proper" with the lastest and greatest audio equipment -  so we'll see.  we generally have about 25-40 people and the bose seems to work just fine.  but i'm just a simple girl....
now that summer is winding down, the kids are tyring to get in as many showings as possible before school starts!!  my younger son's birthday is sept 1 and he insisted that he have a backyard movie birthday party!!!  his friends think it's the coolest way to have a birthday party - ahh to be 10 again! so were on plan now for 10 boys, movies into the wee hours of the night, lots of popcorn and a sleepover.  anyone have a large martini to help me make it thru the night??!!!
cafemom  Cheesy

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: