Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
69 Guests, 1 User
ranman101
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:59:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 12:45:04 am]

[Today at 12:40:40 am]

[Yesterday at 06:05:32 pm]

[Yesterday at 12:36:28 pm]

[September 01, 2014, 01:04:15 am]

[August 31, 2014, 05:04:28 pm]

[August 31, 2014, 12:09:15 pm]

[August 26, 2014, 12:09:16 am]

[August 25, 2014, 06:07:59 pm]

by Chaz
[August 25, 2014, 02:52:13 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay



Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 11 
 on: August 31, 2014, 02:07:17 am 
Started by SirRobyn0 - Last post by SirRobyn0
Looks like I made the right call, it has been raining all day and evening here.  Anyone else in the pacific northwest have rain shut them down tonight?

 12 
 on: August 31, 2014, 02:04:18 am 
Started by Player - Last post by SirRobyn0
Finally got around to painting the vinyl. I used vinyl/cloth paint from the auto parts store. Itís supposed to be for car interiors and not crack or peel (about $7 a can). Since I was just blocking bleed through, I didnít worry about making it pretty, but it still took 5 cans to get a good coat on the 9í x 16í screen.
It definitely solved the bleed through problem. No more words showing through when there is light behind the screen. With the sunset behind the screen, I can start a little earlier without the distraction of the signage bleed through.
After 4 times putting it up and taking it down, it seems to be holding up really well. I roll the screen onto a piece of 3Ē PVC and I havenít noticed any cracking or peeling of the paint so far.
Not sure if the vinyl/cloth paint is available in a flat white (I would suspect it is), but it seems it would be a good option for painting a tarp or even cloth to get a cleaner surface and maybe a little more gain.

Player,
I would really like it if you would report back about the painting next summer.  Soon, and possibly as soon as next spring I will be loosing my current outdoor theater, which has a wood screen.  When this happens I will start a new outdoor theater, likely just down the street from my house in a friends vacant lot.  As much as I do like the wood screen, it definitely has it's disadvantages.  Namely that it is a huge, heavy and near in movable object.  I think billboard will be my next screen, for one I like it, and for two I have access to a some but it would be black, which means painting it would be absolutely necessary.

 13 
 on: August 30, 2014, 11:01:30 pm 
Started by Sparge - Last post by ActionJax
Tonight I tried it again with the WDTV Live.  Since I'm using this clear out in my back yard.  I don't want to try and run any Ethernet cable all the way out there either.  So what I tried today was use Ethernet over Power adapters.  Which for the most part seemed to increase the speed of the connection.  But about half way through the film (The Great Escape) the film which HAD been playing flawlessly started stuttering and jittering.  So much so I had to stop the show.  I immediately noticed that the WDTV was as hot as heck.  Makes me wonder if the device is actually over-heating and this is what's causing the issue.

So to finish the evening I plugged in my laptop again.  (This time my better computer, core i5, SSD drive with 16GB of RAM)  I used VLC and started off again...the film played beautifully.  Not an issue at all.

So tomorrow I'm going to try and return the WDTV to see if I can replace it and then see if I still have the issues.

~Cheers!

Oh and Sparge, I always turn off the wireless on both devices when I'm not using the wireless feature.  That didn't seem to make any difference at all.

 14 
 on: August 30, 2014, 06:32:49 pm 
Started by Sparge - Last post by Sparge
You might try disabling the built-in wi-fi on both the WDTV and the laptop.  It's not unusual to see stuttering and pixelation from a device (especially a laptop) if it's intermittently seeking out and trying to connect to a wireless network.  If you're working from a local drive it's best just to get networking out of equation altogether.

The only problem I've had with my 2nd gen WDTV Live is it occasionally stops outputting sound over the digital connections.  When it acts up it is always between clips.  The sound works on several clips in a row then it goes out before the next clip starts.  The receiver shows no decoded signal when this happens.  Powering the player down and back on corrects the issue, but yeah, it's embarassing in a show environment.  However, it's not been bad enough for me to give up using it at this point.

-Sparge-

 15 
 on: August 30, 2014, 12:50:50 pm 
Started by Sparge - Last post by ActionJax
Well I might be giving up on the old WDTV Live wireless unit.  I have had nothing but issues with it every night I've had a show.  When it works...it works great.  But man when it wants to cause issues it is really embarrassing.  I have issues with pixilation.  Video stuttering.  And just plain shut down of the show.

And I've tested all the files I've played through it before I even show them. They work perfectly on my WDTV Hub. 

I've tried running them off of a thumb drive and not trying to stream them wirelessly.  Same issue.

Now here is the kicker.  Last week, I decided to run the entire show off of a laptop and use VLC.  It looked and ran perfectly.  In fact I loved the fact that VLC didn't pause and or do anything in between the video clips.  I just runs seamlessly and looked great.  Except for the fact that I had to connect via VGA instead of HDMI.  It still looked pretty darn good.  Not great, but at least there was no video issues.

Except this weekend VLC then let me down.  I just shut down on me during the show.  I know, I know it could have been any number of things.  I had upgraded the VLC client, maybe I shouldn't have.  I did install some updates on the laptop.  Maybe something there affected.  Maybe the file I was playing was a bit too large for the client to play smoothly.  I don't know.  But the point is, it let me down too.  So I quickly went back to the WDTV Live wireless.  Streamed wirelessly and for the most part if worked pretty well.  For a time, then is started pixilating again.

Anyway I got through the show, but I've got another one tonight and I'm just banging my head to figure out what to do.

Oh and here's another funny issue.  When I test the unit inside the house.  It works fine.  Wirelessly or wired.  Even using the thumb drive it works fine. 

So who knows.  I'll just keep plugging along.

~Cheers!

 16 
 on: August 29, 2014, 08:14:49 am 
Started by victor-eyd - Last post by BackQuack
The Baltimore Orioles just celebrated their 60th anniversary and used the warehouse at Camden Yards to do something similar.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XsbaKa1gq9c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/XsbaKa1gq9c</a>

 17 
 on: August 29, 2014, 08:09:07 am 
Started by Mao - Last post by BackQuack
We're probably going with Dolphin Tale tonight since Dolphin Tale 2 comes out in a couple weeks.  Legends of Oz: Dorothy's return is also a possibility.  We'll see what the kids choose.

 18 
 on: August 29, 2014, 12:55:46 am 
Started by SirRobyn0 - Last post by SirRobyn0
This weekend is always sort of bitter sweet for me.  Sweet because it's usually a great weekend in the theatre since I do 3 nights of double features Friday, Sat & Sun and lots of people tend to show up.  Bitter because for me this is the last of the double features for the season, just one movie on Friday and Saturday night after this weekend, and typically we only have a few weeks left before the rains hit and we close for the season.  Also bitter because this will be the first year that I have closed for the season, without knowing if we will be opening again next summer.  Hard to spend money on maintenance and new equipment if I don't know if I will get to use it, plus it's just unsettling, the not knowing part.

This year has been a fantastic season weather wise and turn out wise for us, but as luck would have it there is rain in the forecast for this the big weekend.  Forecast is for 30% chance of PM showers on Friday so I think we will be ok for Friday night.  Saturday 70% chance of rain (I have already canceled Saturday night).  Sunday looks good though.  Next weekend looks good so far, so I am hoping that we will have a few more weeks left in this season.


 19 
 on: August 28, 2014, 02:21:09 pm 
Started by Mao - Last post by ActionJax
This Labor Day weekend we are hosting our "You Requested It" weekend.  These are the some of the films that our folks who have been regularly attending out events have requested.

Friday August 29th: Patton (1970)
Saturday August 30th: The Great Escape (1963)
Sunday August 31st: Frozen (2013)

Kind of a strange set of movies but should be great on the BIG screen. Smiley

Check out my website for more information

https://sites.google.com/site/thenightowlbyt/

~Cheers!

 20 
 on: August 28, 2014, 01:24:04 am 
Started by Mao - Last post by bdwalker1
This Friday will be our final show before school starts here in our town. We'll be showing a The Hunger Games / The Hunger Games: Catching Fire double-feature.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
ooo
Powered by SMF 1.1 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines LLC
TinyPortal v0.9.7 © Bloc
Alienation design by Bloc