Backyard Theater Forum
December 10, 2017, 09:06:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
96 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 09:06:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trapeze Plus  (Read 6020 times)
newguy

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:49:19 am »

Hello All,

I'm completly new to this so bare with me. I am creating a cube. with all 4 sides of this cube being 4 seperate rear projection screens for a convention.

Budget is low. But I was thinking about the Trapeze Plus from Dazian. Kids would be sitting in the middle of this cube with images from the floor to a height of 9 ft. Each screen is buiilt 9ft by 16ft.

I want to avoid blinding the poor children with a hot spot. What is your opinion of the white Trapeze plus from Dazian?

rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:11:59 am »

This may or may not spark an idea or two.  There wouldn't be any hotpots in this example (screen and PJ over their heads)

First video on this page:
http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php?topic=6214.0

Randy

PS: I'm not sure what happens when you rear project to four screens facing each other.  (projectors pointing at each other in a smallish area) Could be anything from great, to washed out screens, ghosts, or vaporization/teleportation of the children in the general area.  I just don't know.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:21:52 am by rfisk » Logged

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:07:17 pm »

projectors facing each other? I'd be more worried about opening a portal into the alternate future  Grin

Skip to 1:00 to see the result
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QkyKPcd-_z4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QkyKPcd-_z4</a>

Victor
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:08:49 pm by victor-eyd » Logged

Big Screen Outdoors
newguy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:18:36 pm »

The kids will be sitting on the floor, enclosed in 4 9ft by 16ft rear projection screens.

The projectors will be outside of the cube and the kids will be sitting on the floor in the middle of the 4 screens.
the projector is roughly 2500 to 3000 lumens and will be placed on the floor. The screen itself is flush with the floor and goes to a hieght of 9ft.....Seems like the hot spot would be an issue...

I was thinking of getting the Trapezxe plus but dont want to order it and have hot spot issues.

And if the kids are trasported to another future world by this ill come back and let you all know lol

rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:40:34 pm »

Interesting project.  Seems to me you're right about the hot spotting for some viewers.  If you could raise the screens only a couple feet and run a black apron around the bottom it might alleviate that.

Victor has provided scientific proof there are certain risks involved here.  I like it.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »

Another issue with 4 pjs- what happens when some of the test subjects- err, kids- need to leave the teleportation area -oops, viewing square- without being blinded?

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 12:45:53 pm »

I think the entire project demands teleportation, since there's no door.

Randy

newguy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 12:50:04 pm »

With regard to the going in an out, they are only 20 min presentations that will occur and one of the screens will slide in and out of place to allow the viewers to enter the cube...the side of each screen wil have black material hanging by their sides...the viewers will be able to enter an exit from thos side curtains if needed

I would prefer not to raise the screen if possible...would Trapeze plus work> or maybe some other material? to block the hot spots?

you guys think the images will pass through one screen and splash onto the other one?

If anyone thinks this is too crazy to do I may teleport the entire idea lol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:52:46 pm by newguy » Logged
bholio

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 10:15:11 pm »

Trapeze will have a hot spot when you use rear projection, but I don't remember it being all that bad.  Kids won't notice.  I ran rear projection to trapeze plus last year.  But my projector is not a super bright one.     

Is your convention going to take place in a dark room?   You're idea will not work outside or anywhere bright.   

Are you going to split one video source to all 4 projectors?

If your budget is really low, look into the white shower curtain screen.  Way more work than trapeze, but the image was better (no hotspotting at all), and a fraction of the cost.  But you will have to tape up some seams which is tricky, especially at 16' x 9'. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: