Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
75 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2017, 07:42:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
by SR
[Yesterday at 11:18:24 pm]

by SR
[Yesterday at 12:43:42 am]

[July 17, 2017, 10:29:24 am]

[July 03, 2017, 08:31:37 am]

by SR
[July 03, 2017, 12:00:45 am]

by SR
[July 02, 2017, 10:44:58 pm]

[July 02, 2017, 08:27:21 am]

[June 23, 2017, 10:17:34 pm]

[June 21, 2017, 11:14:32 pm]

[June 21, 2017, 01:16:29 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EXTREME SUBWOOFER SETUPS  (Read 86552 times)
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2416

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 08:58:15 am »

I would love to experience this...   Grin

"Royal Device has on its own developped and built the biggest subwoofer of the world for an AUDIO/VIDEO room that can be also considered as the geatest AUDIO ROOM for private music listening of the world. The audio reproduction is focused on the speakers output capability more than electric power output of the amplifiers with no need of KWatts power supply lines, releasing more than 110 dB/1W/1 meter sensitivity starting from below 10 Hz focused on the listening position."

Scroll half way down to see the sub chambers.

http://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

Coon Creek
Offline Posts: 201

HOME OF THE SCI-FI B Films

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 10:59:03 am »

SOME FOLKS GOT WAY TOO MONEY

Thanks for the link //  Nutty

*** PEOPLE THIS IS WORTH SEEING ***

At my old studio in DETROIT  we had a pair of Hartley 24" speakers mounted in the floor. At 30 watts they were impresive, pipe organ music was the best
Dr Hartley was a nut also " The real Elephant Man "

* hartlet24s.jpg (34.16 KB, 864x323 - viewed 1388 times.)

JON J MARTIN
Coon Creek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 06:49:58 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

DANO...............

Blue Device / Outstanding Web Page

What if......................

You and I build a room with the same basic floor plan but replace the 18" Laura Sub woofers with these MTX  60" Giants.

Is there something stronger than Concrete Huh?

" For earth shattering bass you canít beat this custom made 60-inch subwoofer which has the ability to produce SPL levels above 180 dB. This monster has output displacement comparable to 160+ ten-inch woofers!

The motor is capable of producing 6,000+ pounds of linear force, which is necessary when considering the very large surface area and displacement volume required to produce high SPL levels "

The first song I would like to hear  would be " InAGaDaDaVeda "

John Martin / COON CREEK

* 60_inch_subwoofer_3.jpg (119.02 KB, 390x293 - viewed 1516 times.)

JON J MARTIN
mikebake
Offline Posts: 40

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 07:32:06 pm »

Thank you all for the kind emails.

Yes, our inside theatre setup also has a extreme Sub setup.........

Below is a photo of the subwoofer set we have inside.
New Infocus 7510 DLP has just been installed / Highest 5 Star rating on this unit
Vultec screen frame seen in photo, screen removed to show backline drivers.

Please note the pair of hand painted Tiki Lamps bought in Cuba soom years ago on one of my  *** CIGAR RUNS***
Custom flicker candle lights inside, simply outstanding to watch

The backline speaker set up includes 3 sets of Electro Voice TL 606 DW subs
228 lbs each loaded. a pair of JBL 4045 Cabinets loaded with original Altec Lansing 515 drivers. Altec 291 Mid Drivers and a pair of JBL Bullet Tweeters. Center channel, two  JBL MR 802's.
Rear channels driven by four Mach  Twos, yes that is a 1956' Electro Voice Rengency on the bottom, love my tube HI FI set

COON CREEK

Excellent. Now we're talking. You can always turn a big system down, but a small system can never be turned up into a big system. Once you've heard a proper setup with large speakers, and the impact for movies, it is hard to go back.
cinepro
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 09:43:33 pm »

Hi a friend of mine makes these, he goes down in audio ledgend as the first person to design and produce a high power amp. In the 60s world of 30-60w maximum he released a 200w.

http://www.lenardaudio.com/main/07_cinema.html

Here in Sydney he has installed one of those big systems into a 375 seat cinema (see photo). It has 6x hornloaded subbass flat from 27hz! He just built a system for a multi millionaire, which features 4 x 28" woofers (-3db@16hz). photos are on his website under opals series.

My own sub is rairly pulled out in respect of my many neighbours though, its a 12" car stereo speaker with a 100w sub amp sitting in a 8ft length of sonotube ( used for pouring concrete) with some fiberglass insulation behind. Its design is based on 1/4 wave length theory. response from 22 hz.

I made an 18" 4 inch voice coil version for a 250 seat cinema! They seem pretty happy with the results.

* k4 small file.jpg (34.54 KB, 500x375 - viewed 953 times.)

* my outdoor sub.jpg (66.97 KB, 501x285 - viewed 1178 times.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:45:33 pm by cinepro » Logged
VEGASMOVIEMAN
Offline Posts: 25

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 10:05:50 pm »

hows that sub sound, and how much did it cost to make?
it must really kick, lots of airspace!!!!!!!!!!

Why? Because I can and it's Sick!!
Coon Creek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 10:09:04 am »

hows that sub sound, and how much did it cost to make?
it must really kick, lots of airspace!!!!!!!!!!

That is a original ALTEC A2 made in the late 1950'

COON CREEK

JON J MARTIN
Joe@SSL
Offline Posts: 685

Heigh ho, heigh ho it's off to the back yard I go.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 11:55:05 am »

Ok, I'll play along

How does 4) B-52 ACT-18's grab ya?  1000W cont. / 2000W peak 135dB (138dB when coupled)