Backyard Theater Forum
December 12, 2017, 02:31:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
41 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 02:31:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opening night in Las Vegas !!!!  (Read 5863 times)
MarkInLasVegas

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2007, 02:04:21 am »

Well finally had opening night in Las Vegas.
Temp was great 94 degrees at 9pm and no wind.  Movie picked was Night At The Musueum.

Just the family....wife and four kids.  Kids had a blast, they are already planning parties.
Will post pictures soon. Cool Cool

Screen in place (16 X 9) blackout cloth.  Used Optoma DV10 projector.
The two speakers worked ok...but need to upgrade sound system.

Question:  If I buy a 1000 watt Sony home theater system is this going to be enough.  Have the same problem as Dano.....the guy on the other side of the wall (Satan) already dislikes my three boys.  The usually stuff that three boys can do.  They are an older couple with no kids etc etc you get the picture.  Have already had the cops out for yelling too loud.  But  the two 5 watt speakers are not going to cut it.  Should I pull the trigger.....looking forward to showing another movie next Friday.  Any advice?

MarkInLasVegas

JJ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 06:17:10 am »

Congratulations! Your up and running. Very good choice for your first movie. Now, like everyone else here, your looking to tweak/upgrade your setup. (it never stops)  Wink Post some pictures when you get time.
You could invite the couple over for a movie, maybe they will understand in the future that your just trying to spend more time with your family.
rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 09:07:31 am »

Congrats, Mark!  Glad to hear you're up and running.

A 1000 watt Sony system will be enough.  Does it have a sub?   Grin  And remember, it does have a volume control!  One consideration is that you'd probably have the option of choosing different pre-set sound fields, if you need to.  Something that's not surround (again, if you need to) and will fill your viewing area with nice even (but not so loud) audio, for those nights when you need to keep the volume low.  So you can concentrate it, and make it easier to hear at lower levels.

And you never know, the neighbors might be movie/drive-in fans and this could end up offering some common ground.  That may be a stretch, but it could happen.  I would attempt an invitation but you know your situation better than any of us here.

Have fun and good luck!!  Post some pics when you can.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

JJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 05:30:29 pm »

If they are older like you mentioned....they more than likely been to the drive-in a few times.
VEGASMOVIEMAN

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:08:22 am »

mark post pics
im in vegas too

Why? Because I can and it's Sick!!
Gil V

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 05:37:16 am »

The Sony system will be more than loud enough. I have an 850W Sony surround system in my basement theater, and it is PLENTY loud.

Expect more trouble from your neighbors. You might want to invest in a cheap decibel meter and look up any local sound ordinances so you can be prepared when LE stops by.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: