Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
115 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 04:07:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[April 25, 2017, 10:46:22 pm]

[April 20, 2017, 05:07:39 am]

by SR
[April 17, 2017, 12:46:03 am]

[April 12, 2017, 07:19:38 am]

[April 11, 2017, 03:30:28 pm]

by SR
[April 05, 2017, 01:09:38 pm]

[March 30, 2017, 08:07:24 am]

[March 30, 2017, 07:06:16 am]

[March 29, 2017, 07:08:16 pm]

[March 29, 2017, 03:10:46 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falls Ridge Movie Nights!  (Read 149198 times)
Dennis
Offline Posts: 769

See you under the stars!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 09:20:27 pm »

Weather prediction is early darkness with some scattered light toward early morning, increasing darkness later. PERFECT!

Tom

"Hippy-Dippy Weatherman" ....that's some good memories!   Grin

Ultimately the pessimist may be proven right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip!
tlogan6797
Offline Posts: 933

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 07:57:34 am »

Someone else is showing their age!

..and here's a partial score....12

Tom
tlogan6797

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 08:28:01 am »

THe Hippy-dippy weather came through! I got up around 7:45am and everything was wet like it had just rained. By 9:00am the sun was out and it was a perfect day.

Showed Wild Hogs to great success. A few things the really little kids won't get, but everyone else loved it.

Ran a 1 minute intro, Bugs Bunyy Rides again, Fox logo, then main feature.

Onc again, FINALLY got some acknowledgement when the Fox logo ran. I HAD a Universal all made up but seem to have lost it. Oh well, there's always next year.

If anyone is interested, I'll post the litany of problems and solutions I had creating this show using Nero.

Tom
tlogan6797

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 09:15:04 am »

2008 Season

Had the first show of the season at Falls Ridge Movie Nights.

4 minute countdown
a little "no talking" I put together
Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century
Fox logo
Astronaut Farmer

Good news....me and one neighbor put up the entire setup in less than 45 minutes. I got home late and didn't get a chance to go through all the gear, so I pretty much just grabbed everything I could think of, threw it in my truck and went. Seemed like NOTHING was organized. Neighbor put screen together while I worked on the equipment.

Bad news...beautiful day ALL day (I played golf, terribly, but I played, which is why I was late) with a call for evening T-storms. Weather.com hour-by-hour said 9:00pm. Weather was perfect when setting up. The second I started the show at 9:00 PM, the cold front blew through and I could see the dark clouds comming in. We heard some thunder and could actually see some lightning across the river. We got a few (and I do mean a few) drops but it didn't hurt anything. There was this opening right above us that never moved. We could see it all around, but not right on top of us. Managaed to get the whole show in.

Which would all seem like a good thing except that only about 15 people showed up. Maybe it was the weather. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Still having issues with sound. I even pulled out my old larger cone bookshelves and it didn't really make a difference. No matter which spekers I use, I set everything up and play a setup disk that includes some of the THX trailers and they sound EXCELLENT. I actually have to turn some of them down. Then I crank it back up and play the movie and a lot of times I can hardly hear the dialog. Shouldn't the movies be at the same level as the trailers? I just don't know what to do.

AND I a grabbed my old DVD player which is having some problems with skipping and sticking. I bought a new one last year. Memo to self...remember to grab NEW player.

Amyway, people who were there enjoyed it.

Next Month...The Sandlot.
tlogan6797

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 08:09:46 am »

Had a MUCH better turnout for The Sandlot. It was VERY hot and humid all day. Traditionally, June 21 is the hottest day of the year in the Wash. DC MEtro area. I think it came a few days early. Anyway, by evening, the humidity went down some and it was a really nice evening. I counted about 30.

The show....

1. A clip form the Eagles Farewell Tour....The Boys of Summer
2. Quick little no talking anouncement I put together
3. WB cartoon....Baseball Bugs
4. Custom Fox intro
5. The original The Sandlot

Went though all the equipment before the show. Last month had to pick up everything in a hurry due to imminent rain. GOt it all organized and remembered to grab the "new" $27 dollar DVD player. Forgot the new remote though, so one glitch in the program....The cartoon ran with the subtitles on and I couldn't turn them off without the remote. Oh well. No one seemed to mind. NO skipping, sticking, etc.

Took 15 minutes to load the truck and 45 to set up. ANd that included several fixes to the BOC screen material that had some small rips in it. Nothing a little Gorilla Brand Duck Tape won't fix. We were done 45 minutes early, so I just turned on the oldies station and we listened to a LONG Led Zepplin set ("I LOVE Led" - Jackie from That 70's Show). I was amazed at the number of young kids who knew at least Stairway to Heaven.

Next month....The Incredible Mr. Limpet
tlogan6797

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 08:13:34 am »

Perfect weather on a Saturday for a change! ESPECIALLY for Washington DC in August.

The Incredible Mr. Limpet. 7 adults (most of whom helped setup/break down) and a couple of kids, who probably shouldn't have been there without parents, but I let it go and they were all gone before the end, anyway.

Really re-thinking this whole neighborhood thing. Maybe I'll just stick to the deck shows. I can get 7 people on my deck. Either that, or we'll have to stick to the movies people have seen a million times and hope for a better turnout.

I guess I can't compete with the Olympics and Redskins pre-season football.
tlogan6797

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 09:41:38 am »

FINAL 2008 Falls Ridge Movie Nights

Had the neighborhood Halloween party this past Saturday. We had scheduled Alvin and The Chipmunks Meet The Wolfman and Hocus Pocus. Rained most of the day, so we took in inside.

I swapped the big screen for my deckscreen. It sure cuts down on the amount of equipment you need to carry! All the kids left after the Alvin show. The adults stayed around to watch Hocus Pocus, so we still had pretty good time.

So, I'll dig all the stuff out one more time and set it up in the garage for Halloween night to run the HallowWindow DVD. And then that will be it until late next spriing. 
tlogan6797

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 01:16:19 pm »

Shameless bump and updated links to pictures in first post.
tlogan6797

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 09:12:50 am »

After an Irene rain-delayed neighborhood picnic, we managed to get through it on Sunday (9/4/11) thinking that with the Monday, Labor Day holiday we'd have a good turnout. Turns out it worked. Had about 30, which is the most we've had in AGES!

So....
Falls Ridge Fox intro
Looney Toon "The Night Watchman"
Main show "Night at the Museum: Battle for the Smithsonian"

A good time was had by all.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: