Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
128 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2017, 02:28:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[August 11, 2017, 07:20:57 am]

[August 09, 2017, 07:16:10 pm]

[August 08, 2017, 01:16:07 pm]

by SR
[July 19, 2017, 11:18:24 pm]

[July 17, 2017, 10:29:24 am]

[July 03, 2017, 08:31:37 am]

by SR
[July 03, 2017, 12:00:45 am]

by SR
[July 02, 2017, 10:44:58 pm]

[July 02, 2017, 08:27:21 am]

[June 23, 2017, 10:17:34 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camp chef OS144 carrying case  (Read 6234 times)
cecilb
Offline Posts: 2056

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:18:37 am »

Happy as a clam with new screen. Very neat, clean, tight.

Only knock is carrying bag/case which to me requires too much detail packing up.

End of a night, fast tear down is essential.

Stuffing screen into sleeve is dicey and slipping poles back into elastic loops tedious.

There is no room for error closing, zipping bag.

Thinking of going to a large duffel or golf bag travel bag to be able to put screen in with a little extra room

Anyone experience same frustration?

seating for 1,000........... 12 at a time
11visions
Offline Posts: 253

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:30 am »

I just lay everything in the case loose and zip it up to the top and store it upright so nothing will fall out. A golf bag would be a great idea though and would be easy to roll right up to your location.

Phillip Hullquist
I toured the U.S. showing outdoor movies in 2010 on Carl's 16x9 screen.
Now I own eight commercial rental screens ranging from 9x5 to 30x17!
ActionJax
Offline Posts: 104

Up All Night...Sleep All Day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:15:10 pm »

I actually like the bag a lot.  But I don't worry about packing it all up at night after a show.  What I do is lay everything in the case loose and carry it all to the garage.  The screen is not packed away at night.  I just drape over a couple of saw horses I have in the garage.  I do this just in case its too wet.  You wouldn't want to fold it up and put the screen away wet.  Too much of a chance for mildew to form.  But the next day I can easily put everything away in its proper place as I like.  Making sure everything is clean and looks good.

My tear is very fast this way.  I can carry both speakers, and the sound system with PJ in the box back to the garage.  I then just quickly roll up the speaker and power cords together, and since they are wet from the ground I just put them all in a simple milk crate to air dry.  And then down comes the screen.  Easy as pie.

15 minutes tops.  Easier if I have some help.

Glad you like the screen.  I've got a new screen from Carl's coming and I'm very exited to see how this one performs.

~Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:18:33 pm by ActionJax » Logged

Please stop by my webpage to see what's happening at The Night Owl Backyard Cinema.
https://sites.google.com/site/thenightowlbyt/
Oldalgebra
Offline Posts: 635

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:18:47 pm »

I'm with you when it comes to putting away the screen. I love the set-up, as I am getting older and slower and the 133 is much easier to put up.

HOWEVER, putting it away is a giant pain. I hadn't thought of just throwing it all in the bag and zipping it up. Since I don't put the screen into the bag anyway, there should be plenty of room to try using the bag as storage, but ignoring the loops.

ActionJax

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 04:13:51 pm »

Yep ignore the loops, until you're ready to put it away for a longer period of time.  If I was going to take it on a camping trip or want to show off at a friends house, THEN maybe I'd go all out and put the poles in the loops again.  But for now, I'm just too busy putting it up every weekend and then taking it back down.  And that's just the way I like it.

BTW, if you get a chance look at my review of the Camp Chef OS92L.

Please stop by my webpage to see what's happening at The Night Owl Backyard Cinema.
Corzak
Offline Posts: 460

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 12:53:49 pm »

I took a sharpie and put the letters right on the elastic to remind me which pole went where.
DirtyJerz
Offline Posts: 21

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 02:23:55 pm »

I just bought this very same screen and have been thinking the same thing...bag is great, although those loops are a HUGE PIA.  I was thinking of a small travel golf bag w/ roller wheels.  I could put screen, poles AND my speaker stands.  I haven't had too much time to investigate, just thought I would share my frustration as well.

BTW - incredibly happy with this new screen...very very easy to setup, great picture quality and rear projection works very well too.  My neighbors love my new screen.  Not so much the new PA systems Smiley

Go big or go home!
ActionJax

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 02:41:48 pm »

I just bought this very same screen and have been thinking the same thing...bag is great, although those loops are a HUGE PIA.  I was thinking of a small travel golf bag w/ roller wheels.  I could put screen, poles AND my speaker stands.  I haven't had too much time to investigate, just thought I would share my frustration as well.

BTW - incredibly happy with this new screen...very very easy to setup, great picture quality and rear projection works very well too.  My neighbors love my new screen.  Not so much the new PA systems Smiley

Share some pics.  Would love to see what your setup looks like.

~Cheers!

Sparge
Offline Posts: 2920

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 05:11:05 pm »

The loops help keep the poles from getting scratched up.  If you don't care what the screen frame looks like over time then they're not important.  They also help keep the carrying case flat.  I can't believe people are complaining about this.  It really takes no time at all to take better care of your equipment.  Roll Eyes

-Sparge-
ActionJax

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 06:26:52 pm »

The loops help keep the poles from getting scratched up.  If you don't care what the screen frame looks like over time then they're not important.  They also help keep the carrying case flat.  I can't believe people are complaining about this.  It really takes no time at all to take better care of your equipment.  Roll Eyes

-Sparge-

I agree with you Sparge.  I don't really find it time consuming at all.  Of course I don't usually use the center loop on most of the poles either.  I don't seem to need them.  And that can be a pain to try to get them through all three.  Like I said earlier, if its a quick strike, I just lay them all down in the bag, fold, and grab both sides and take it to the garage.  And then the next day, I take my time to put everything away nicely.  As Spage said, I like to take better care of my equipment.  Honestly I think this is one of the better setups and bags that I've seen.

~Cheers!

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: