Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
82 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2017, 10:14:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 06:11:09 pm]

[August 11, 2017, 07:20:57 am]

[August 09, 2017, 07:16:10 pm]

[August 08, 2017, 01:16:07 pm]

by SR
[July 19, 2017, 11:18:24 pm]

[July 17, 2017, 10:29:24 am]

[July 03, 2017, 08:31:37 am]

by SR
[July 03, 2017, 12:00:45 am]

by SR
[July 02, 2017, 10:44:58 pm]

[July 02, 2017, 08:27:21 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Outdoor Theater  (Read 41846 times)
Pass_The_Off
Offline Posts: 215

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 05:44:14 am »

Sweet!

Great job!
scarbrtj
Offline Posts: 21

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 07:06:33 am »

RF, thanks. The lights in the pool are my weak attempt to re-create a Philips Ambilight phenomenon. The lights are LEDs and do all sorts of colors, pink, blue, green, red, white...beautiful, really...the LEDs are now as cheap as regular pool lights and I didn't even know about them until early this year. I wish I could come up with a way to match the pool lights to the video! I *have* thought about it. The hands on approach: it's got its pluses and minuses. I saw Orthofunk's setup a long time back. I thought that is a great setup. But there is something a little restrictive, IMHO, about the Crestron approach 'cause I don't know how to modify it or change it or add or subtract to a system like that, at my will or whim. For some people, it's perfect and as set up, always slick. But I get a kick out of this stuff, doing it myself. What nice approaches and engineering solutions I have been inspired with on this site...the screen is about 2/3 of everyone's project, but the other icing on the cake has been nice to observe also. For the problems I couldn't surmount on my own, I have had good people to call on...or great website to fall back on Wink This weekend I'll be working on the cabinetry to go between the columns to hide th elctronics/projector. It's gonna be like a coffee table essentially. Plus I have had some problems with my Cat5 connections. I think they have gotten wet. I am going to pull through RG6 or fiber if I can, and at least keep two Cat5's. I have learned about Aquaseal cable, which I am going to try and get and try to pull through my conduits. In non-burial/non-outdoor rated cable, which unfortunately I did not use, moisture can seep into the cable and change the dieletric. So the Aquaseal is specially treated to prevent that. One website says:

The Aquaseal products are manufactured using a premium grade jacket compound. These cables are flame retardant, sunlight and water resistant, and employ an abrasion and crush resistant construction. This durability allows the Aquaseal power-limited water-resistant cables to be direct burial. The internal cable construction employs a dry water blocking barrier instead of a messy gel. Unlike many other outdoor cables which can not be placed indoors due to their inability to pass flame tests. Aquaseal water-resistant cables carry both indoor and outdoor ratings. Aquaseal cable retains consistent electrical characteristics compared to standard cable when immersed in water. The moisture blocking barrier used in this cable has proven itself in various tests where standard outdoor cable has failed. This can be verified by monitoring the capacitance levels of both cables.Aquaseal water-resistant cables will consistently have lower capacitance values and remain stable over the long haul enabling the lowest signal loss

Selection here:

http://www.lowvoltagewire.com/view_category.asp?cat=42

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: