Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
67 Guests, 1 User
FrostyFreeze
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2014, 11:12:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 03:53:38 pm]

[Today at 01:47:47 am]

[Yesterday at 05:02:08 pm]

[July 25, 2014, 06:35:15 pm]

[July 25, 2014, 05:04:54 pm]

[July 24, 2014, 10:50:06 pm]

[July 24, 2014, 08:43:44 pm]

[July 24, 2014, 01:37:48 pm]

[July 24, 2014, 09:40:10 am]

[July 23, 2014, 01:43:00 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small town stand out  (Read 1931 times)
jarinehart
Offline Posts: 22

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:59:22 pm »

I've been partaking in this wonderful hobby for a few summers now and I kept telling myself that I need to take pictures of the rig. Of course, that was always after I put it all away and came back to this forum. Well, this weekend I finally remembered to pull out the old cell phone and snap a quick pic of my stuff. It's such a fun hobby and it's even a little more fun when the neighbors stop gawking in disbelief and actually come over to enjoy the film. I hope that this becomes one of those things that my children sit around and say, "Remember when we used to watch movies outside."

It's a modest set up with a Gemmy screen, Hitachi wide screen projector, an Ashly mixer and a cheap PA rig from Seismic Audio. I design and install some pretty high end A/V systems and this is definitely not what I'd spec for a job, but it's perfect for my yard and the hazards a group of small children pose to expensive toys.

* IMG_0194.jpg (44.6 KB, 640x400 - viewed 179 times.)
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 04:28:22 pm »

nice! it gets the job done and thats all thats needed. that tripod... how do you have the projector mounted onto it?

FrostyFreeze
Online Posts: 407

HYLTOPLEX OUTDOOR THEATER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 04:37:15 pm »

I hope that this becomes one of those things that my children sit around and say, "Remember when we used to watch movies outside."

QUOTE OF THE DAY Smiley

Underdog66
Offline Posts: 301

'Cause cuttin the roof off my den would be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »

"Remember when we used to watch movies outside."

I'm thinking it will be more like "What do you mean you didn't have a BYT when you were growing up?  I thought all kids did!"

Infinity Backyard Motion Pictures
genesis76
Offline Posts: 2853

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 08:51:41 pm »

"modest set up with a Gemmy screen"

How can you say that about the Gemmy Cry

The Gemmy is state of the art, top of the line, the catís meow, The greatest, best of class, one of a kind,  and even mediocre....... Yuk Yuk Yuk** Grin Grin

*Jerome Howard
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:32:07 am by genesis76 » Logged
jjp735i
Offline Posts: 35

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 03:58:41 am »

I would also love to know what tripod and how you mounting the projector, that is exactly what I want to do.

Thanks, jjp
jarinehart
Offline Posts: 22

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 01:39:17 pm »

It's pretty simple really. I had an older tripod that I used to use with a film (yes, i said film) SLR and it is pretty heavy duty. I had gotten rid of the camera and since I install A/V systems for a living I grabbed myself a broken chief RPM ceiling mount from a stolen projector, bent it back into shape and started the construction. First, I had to disassemble the 1 1/4 inch pipe adapter and flip the yolk adjustment over to be the new base plate. I cut an old piece of sheet metal into a large washer and drilled a 1/4 inch whole in the middle of it. Placed that washer inside the mount and used a locking nut on the standard 1/4 inch tripod screw to hold it tight to the top plate. At this point I had a Chief universal mount for the projector and am able to drop it right on the top. The beauty is that if I change projectors at any time I just re-use the universal mount. And it doesn't matter how crooked the ground is I can always level the projector.

I also have another mount in my basement ceiling and when the projector is not outside it drops right in and is ready for inside use. Take about 5 minutes to transfer from inside to outside use. I can post more detailed pictures later.
FrostyFreeze
Online Posts: 407

HYLTOPLEX OUTDOOR THEATER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »

I can post more detailed pictures later.
Yes please Smiley

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: