Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
129 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2017, 08:51:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 11:14:32 pm]

[Yesterday at 03:24:25 pm]

[Yesterday at 01:23:12 pm]

[Yesterday at 01:16:29 pm]

[June 15, 2017, 06:23:58 am]

[June 09, 2017, 02:17:19 am]

by SR
[June 08, 2017, 01:06:27 am]

by SR
[June 05, 2017, 11:53:02 pm]

[June 05, 2017, 09:05:26 pm]

[June 04, 2017, 02:44:24 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danoplex II Photos  (Read 160794 times)
Backyard Paradise
Offline Posts: 551

Our Movies are a SPLASH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 09:12:56 pm »

Glad to see you're alive and well Dano....
What's Satan gonna think about these Upgrades?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:16:25 pm by Backyard Paradise » Logged

Kevin & Dee’s Backyard Theater
Sparge
Offline Posts: 2920

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2009, 09:38:49 pm »

Dano,

Looking good!  Is that a Yamaha SW218 sub?  I like the customer dolly plate on the back.  I see you also traded up from the XLS series.  What Crowns are you running now?

-Sparge-
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2009, 08:59:11 am »

Did you notice the SPL meter?  Dano isn't going to turn it up enough for Satan to notice the difference.

Danoplex II
Offline Posts: 1285

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2009, 01:07:09 pm »

Satan has already been subjected to them.  It was all in place last year.  He never said a peep.  I think the police and town manager told him to stop calling as they had better things to do than come here and tell me everything was fine.

I am alive and fairly well.  Getting laid off this week from work.  Just can't seem to get ahead lately.

Dano
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:10:48 pm by Danoplex II » Logged

Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2009, 01:10:45 pm »

Dano,

Looking good!  Is that a Yamaha SW218 sub?  I like the customer dolly plate on the back.  I see you also traded up from the XLS series.  What Crowns are you running now?

-Sparge-

Sparge,

Nope the sub is a custom made sub.  My buddy that is a sound engineer made it for his business and sold it to me.  It has two EVX-118 speakes in it and I drive it with a bridged Crown XTi-2000.  All the other amps are XTi's as well.  I use one of them for each JBL EON at about 500 wattc per channel.

The caster plate is awesome too.  Makes it all pretty nice for setup.  Also, didn't know if you noticed the while strips on the sub but they are on the bottom to make sliding it across the floor a bit easier.  Pretty nice sub and it sounds AWESOME.

Dano

Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2009, 01:12:55 pm »

Did you notice the SPL meter?  Dano isn't going to turn it up enough for Satan to notice the difference.

Yeah, I always use the meter when I get it tuned for a movie.  I go to the further most corner of my lot and make sure I am not exceeding 65-70db.  That way by the time it gets over to Satan is it pretty watered down.  He really has no basis to complain.

Dano

Sparge
Offline Posts: 2920

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:19 pm »

Nope the sub is a custom made sub.  My buddy that is a sound engineer made it for his business and sold it to me.

The caster plate is awesome too.  Makes it all pretty nice for setup.  Also, didn't know if you noticed the while strips on the sub but they are on the bottom to make sliding it across the floor a bit easier.  Pretty nice sub and it sounds AWESOME.

That's a pretty cool looking sub.  You can tell whoever designed it has been around the block.  Only someone who's had to hoist those monsters around a few times would mount the recessed handles at angles.   Smiley

-Sparge-
Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2009, 08:59:17 pm »

Good eye Sparge  Yep, he is actually a pretty brilliant man.  You should see some of the cabinets he tore apart and sold the drivers out of.  Some high dollar stuff.  He had enough for a medium sized concert.  Has a bunch of Crown Macros.  Then there is microphone stash.....

He does sound for Natalie Merchant and is over in Austrailia now working for Joan Osborne.

Dano

bmac
Offline Posts: 1334

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2009, 10:06:54 pm »

I am alive and fairly well.  Getting laid on this week from work.  Just can't seem to get ahead lately.

Dano

Dano,

Sorry to hear about the layoff.  Hope you find something else real soon.
matt314159
Offline Posts: 1075

8/28/10 - Season Closed

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2009, 11:03:57 pm »

I am alive and fairly well.  Getting laid off this week from work.  Just can't seem to get ahead lately.

Dano

Ouch, sorry to hear that Dano, I got hit back in February.   If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, or swap stories about how depressing unemployment can be, look me up. 

What field do you work in?  I can't remember if you've mentioned it before or not.
Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2009, 06:56:47 am »

I have been in the HVAC Building Contols industry for the last 18 years.  Still trying to stay there but it may be time to look at that Wal-Mart gretter job.  At least it would be stable.

Dano

Dennis
Offline Posts: 769

See you under the stars!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2009, 08:28:58 am »

I have been in the HVAC Building Contols industry for the last 18 years. 

Don't worry Dano...Hoosier heat and humidity is just around the corner and HVAC's will need mega-TLC!

Ultimately the pessimist may be proven right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip!
matt314159
Offline Posts: 1075

8/28/10 - Season Closed

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2009, 09:02:31 am »

I have been in the HVAC Building Contols industry for the last 18 years.  Still trying to stay there but it may be time to look at that Wal-Mart gretter job.  At least it would be stable.

Dano
Now that you mention HVAC it kind of jogged my memory.  Seem to remember you and randy talking about that now in the back of my mind. 

I think you'd make a great audiovisual services director for a college or university somewhere.

What got me thinking about that was that I've been keeping one eye open for positions back in Iowa where I went to school, and the other day I came across This Job at my old college.  In reality it's a de-facto associate director of the av dept at the college.  I almost applied for the job but they are looking for someone with experience in running professional sound.  Seems you would enjoy something like that (but local) since you do it on your own anyway as a hobby.  I'd love it, getting to play with expensive geek toys all day! 

At any rate, best of luck, I hope things work out! 
Donniejr77
Offline Posts: 5

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 10:23:48 am »

Changed the PVC to aluminum using speaker stands and O-Clamps to hold them.  Looks more professional and is a LOT sturdier.

Dano

Can I ask where you purchased the tripods and extentions?  I want to use this setup on my 9X12 screen.  I can't seem to find a tall and wide enough tripod setup.  Can you give me some insite please..  Thanks Danoplex and movieman
aleuni
Offline Posts: 854

Our Theater, Your Yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 11:00:19 am »

ok a safer idea
did you mean to post this here or in the other thread?

WOW I just realized that I had posted this here.  OOPs.

Alex
www.fatscreens.com
"No idea is a good idea, until it is your idea"

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: