Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 10:23:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 10:15:28 pm]

[Today at 07:34:55 pm]

[Today at 04:24:18 am]

[Today at 04:22:02 am]

[Yesterday at 11:10:21 pm]

[Yesterday at 03:40:38 pm]

[Yesterday at 09:47:22 am]

[April 17, 2014, 11:17:00 pm]

[April 17, 2014, 01:06:52 pm]

[April 17, 2014, 09:38:21 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SpargeFest 2009 - BYT Enthusiast Meet Up!!!  (Read 35423 times)
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2403

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 07:22:34 am »

Cool!  I'll check my sked and look at a map.  Sounds like a fun 70 MPG road trip.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

satch
Offline Posts: 394

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 07:49:54 am »

Sparge

Are you about 4 hours from Buffalo?

Be about 11 hour drive for me, whats the bearest hotel.
And you want me to bring some good CANADIAN BEER,,,,,,,,,,,,?

Satch
Ontario
Canada
bytmom
Offline Posts: 31

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 08:48:03 am »

This is my first post and I'm so excited to possibly meet up with all of you on this site.  I've been viewing for about 5 months now and we just had our opening in the back yard over the week-end.  We live in Ohio as well!!!!  I can't wait to see different set-ups.  Ours was a simple PVC with a King size 400 count white sheet. 

I have a 4 year old and a 10 year old.  OK if we bring them?
movielover
Offline Posts: 2270

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:37 am »

This is my first post and I'm so excited to possibly meet up with all of you on this site.  I've been viewing for about 5 months now and we just had our opening in the back yard over the week-end.  We live in Ohio as well!!!!  I can't wait to see different set-ups.  Ours was a simple PVC with a King size 400 count white sheet. 

welcome bytmom !!!
i say bring them along, the more the merrier but it's not my backyard.
if i remember sparges family has a farm or some acreage somewhere near him, maybe he'll have to move it there. 

Kladder Station Classic Movies - Drive-In & Outdoor Theater
Sparge
Online Posts: 2688

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 10:23:06 am »

i do not like to drive long distances, if i could hitch a ride i would come.

I live between your house and Sparge's house.  If the weather is good and you can drive to my house, I can drive the rest of the way.  Unfortunately we'll have to discuss what to bring.  My car is pretty small if you remember from the meetup at your house last summer and there won't be room for everything.

Don't sit on the pie!  Cheesy

-Sparge-
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 10:28:45 am »

Cool!  I'll check my sked and look at a map.  Sounds like a fun 70 MPG road trip.

Randy, we hope you can make it!  I'm sure everyone would appreciate the opportunity to thank you in person for all the hard work you do on our "electronic clubhouse".

Once you hit the highway it should be a pretty straight shot.  That should be good for the MPGs!

-Sparge-
movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 10:43:47 am »

am i allowed to bring a friend ?
but that may be a problem if i hitch a ride with tim, his car is tiny.

Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 10:53:22 am »

Are you about 4 hours from Buffalo?

Be about 11 hour drive for me, whats the bearest hotel.
And you want me to bring some good CANADIAN BEER,,,,,,,,,,,,?

That's about right.  We've been able to make Buffalo with no stops in about 3.5 hours.

I'm going to put together and post a list of hotels in the area.  There are four or five right next to each other that are all about 5 minutes from us.

Off the top of my head I'd say this is the nicest one:

http://www.countryinns.com/elyriaoh?s_cid=L8640141

I've had family stay there when they come into town.  They have an indoor pool and Internet access.  At $114-139 they're likely the most expensive though.  I expect better rates are available from most of the others.  If we get enough interest I'll talk to the managers at one or two of the chains about the possibility of a special "BYT" rate for our event.

-Sparge-
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 11:32:37 am »

Families are welcome!

We do ask those who bring children to be responsible and attentive parents/guardians.  We'll expect you to keep tabs on your kids to keep them safe and engaged.  This is an outdoor event.  So, all typical precautions (sunscreen for the day, jackets for the evening, etc.) should be observed.

Our daughter is 8 years old and our son will turn 11 one week after the event.  I expect the adults will be busy tinkering with gear and talking shop.  One of my thought threads has been about finding things to keep the young ones entertained.  I'm working on some games for the daylight hours.  We'll have the "gaming" screen running in the evening.  I'm hoping with three screens we'll be able to simply let one run a movie for those who just want to sit back and enjoy.  I'm planning to give the "tinkerers" their own screen.  Wink

-Sparge-
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 11:34:42 am »

am i allowed to bring a friend ?
but that may be a problem if i hitch a ride with tim, his car is tiny.

Friends and family are welcome!

As we get closer to the event I'll be asking all to confirm attendance and the number of guests they'll be bringing (for planning purposes).

-Sparge-
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2403

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 12:34:43 pm »

Randy, we hope you can make it!  I'm sure everyone would appreciate the opportunity to thank you in person for all the hard work you do on our "electronic clubhouse".

Once you hit the highway it should be a pretty straight shot.  That should be good for the MPGs!

Looks like a nice ~8 hour ride.  I haven't been out that way in a few years and still gotta check the sked and softball things.  I think I could give Tim a good run for his money for tiniest car at SpargeFest!  I'd have room for some BYT t-shirts and photo gear -- probably a PJ if needed.  Would need to leave room to haul some movielover pies home...   Grin

Randy

* heyopec4.jpg (108.17 KB, 480x272 - viewed 163 times.)

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 12:44:54 pm »

Looks like a nice ~8 hour ride.  I haven't been out that way in a few years and still gotta check the sked and softball things.  I think I could give Tim a good run for his money for tiniest car at SpargeFest!  I'd have room for some BYT t-shirts and photo gear -- probably a PJ if needed.  Would need to leave room to haul some movielover pies home...   Grin

Randy

i was thinking at 70mpg you could make your rounds in PA and pick all of us up.
we might be crowded though  Grin
luggage rack ?

maybe i could give-a-way, sell, give-a-way, sell, give-a-way, sell enough pies to pay for my trip then i could drive myself  Grin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:47:29 pm by movielover » Logged

tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 01:34:23 pm »

Randy,

My car is a Mustang convertible.  Your car is smaller by far.

movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 01:41:50 pm »

Randy,

My car is a Mustang convertible.  Your car is smaller by far.

i could bring my 1925 model T but it would take me a week to get there, it does have a fairly large trunk though.  Grin

* MVC-812X.JPG (122.49 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 167 times.)

* MVC-455X.JPG (144.21 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 181 times.)

bmac
Offline Posts: 1334

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 01:56:45 pm »

Can someone stop in Atlanta to pick me up? Grin

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: