Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
59 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 02:03:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 10:39:08 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:00:39 am]

[October 19, 2014, 01:52:21 pm]

[October 19, 2014, 01:43:09 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 12:19:06 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 11:56:27 am]

[October 14, 2014, 09:07:45 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 09:05:49 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 02:36:24 pm]

[October 11, 2014, 01:26:30 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website suggestion  (Read 2433 times)
Gil V
Offline Posts: 895

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2010, 10:56:42 pm »

With the uptick in user postings here, I wonder if it would be possible to re-format the "Recent Post" part of the homepage - could you do something to keep one or two hot topics from flooding the "Recent Post" listing?

Maybe list forum topics by name and number of posts in the last day - as opposed to listing each individual post.

Just a suggestion, I am finding it harder to keep up with topics that I am interested in, because they roll off the bottom of the recent post listing too quickly!

Wow, this site is booming!
Sparge
Offline Posts: 2855

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:32:56 am »

Some of the newer members might find this tip useful...

Click on the "FORUMS" link at the top of almost any page or here:

http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php?action=forum

It takes you to a list of the "forums" or message areas on the board.  In front of each forum is an image of message balloon. 
It will be dark like this if there are no new posts in that forum.  It will be lit like this if there are new posts.

Clicking on a lit balloon will show only the threads with new posts you've not read in that particular forum.

I'm not sure how many days the system goes back when counting a post as "new" but there does seem to be a limit.  If a post is older than X number of days it doesn't show up even if you've not read it.

I use this to find new posts when things get hectic during the busy season around here.

-Sparge-
Gil V
Offline Posts: 895

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:26:26 am »

Gotcha. That's better. Never knew that worked like that before.

I'll try that for a week or so and then forget about the whole thing, because I will have started working again and won't spend countless hours on the internet.
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2406

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 07:42:13 am »

Glad to hear you're headed back to work, Gil.  Congrats! 

Give the unread posts links that Sparge pointed out a go, since it's based on what you've not seen.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

kelemvor
Offline Posts: 1377

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:58:51 am »

I also wish the "featured Members" section that scrolls through the pictures on the side would start at a random place each time it loads.  It always starts at the beginning of the alphabet but every time you post, refresh, go to a new thread, etc, it reset to the top again.  I think I have the first 10 or so memorized and have never seen anything past D...

Adult Beverage
Offline Posts: 348

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 10:51:41 am »

A feature I'd like to see is the ability to select the background color.  I like the dark just fine (keeping with the night-sky theme), but at work it's a little more obvious that I'm not working in a Word or Excel document.  The ability to chose a white or black background would probably keep me out of the boss' office.

Infamous last words: "Hold my beer.  Watch this!!"

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: