Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
49 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:27:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 01:31:02 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:39:08 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:00:39 am]

[October 19, 2014, 01:52:21 pm]

[October 19, 2014, 01:43:09 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 12:19:06 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 11:56:27 am]

[October 14, 2014, 09:07:45 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 09:05:49 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 02:36:24 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Poll
Question: As the host or hostess, what's most important to you?
Your audio (sound) quality. - 18 (6.6%)
Your video (projection) quality. - 106 (38.8%)
Your party quality. - 101 (37%)
Your movie selection. (The movie itself) - 48 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 268

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backyard Theater Host/Hostess Poll  (Read 57902 times)
Biagio
Offline Posts: 25

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 07:02:07 pm »

Oh My God, I didnt read that correctly, of course I know the movie "Help" I feel foolish now, I thought the movie short was called help about Johnny bagpipes. Please accept my appologies. Iam not that uncultured I swear. definatly will get the dvd.

sorry for sounding like a squid
Bill

Luthier Biagio Basses
Cherry Hills
Offline Posts: 1181

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 08:58:36 pm »

I'm just ragging you, Bill. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be the wise guy at your expense. Wish you could come see them!

Cherry Hills Drive-way Theater
Biagio

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 10:04:08 pm »

I know, its the new guy hazing thats fine. now Iam stuck on this forum.
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2406

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 11:04:39 am »

...now Iam stuck on this forum.

It happens...

Welcome aboard Bill (Biagio). 

And a luthier to boot.  We'll have to remember when we have our first annual Backyard Theater GeekFest Convention and Extravaganzo, to schedule a jam session.  Sounds like there are a few musicians in here now.  I'm a drummer turned hack guitar player.

Glad you found us.  Have fun in here.  Wake the neighbors and tell your friends, and keep us posted on your setup. 

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

Biagio

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 01:53:13 pm »

thanks for welcoming me. Iam a guitarist turned bassist, after hearing Les claypool in the 90s I switched over, started building them about 5 years ago. Ithaca has become a bit of a haven for instrument builders "hipshot guitar products" Vodoo Amps and a few well known punk bands which is cool, trying to get one of my basses on the warpt tour this year for a bit of publicity. anyhow Iam babbling and way off topic
Bill

Biagio <---- my great uncle the only other musician in the family, and a really cool name
Danoplex II
Offline Posts: 1285

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 12:58:33 pm »

I answered the poll with audio as most everyone comments to me how awesome my sounds is.  They are just amazed by the 5.1.  But, now that I have voted, I think quality of the image is up there too.  But you know what?  Asking those questions is making life for us difficult.  They are all important.  I just want people to come back and to talk about what a good time they had.  So far, everyone has.

Dano

JonesCinema
Offline Posts: 21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 12:48:58 pm »

While it is hard for me to say which is most important I can say which ones have wrecked the event.  Once I was at an outdoor event with the speakers blown.  The sound was terrible.  I can't believe that anybody stayed.  So while I don't feel amazing audio is all that important, terrible audio can really wreck a show.

After that, poor movie choice will send people away faster than a wrinkled screen or washed out image.

So even though the image quality is the most important to me personally, it is not in my opinion the most important to the actual event.
WarrenP
Offline Posts: 24

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 01:30:44 pm »

To me I think it is video followed very closely by audio (but I'd rather list them as tied for first place!). Then, the movie choice and atmosphere.

For most of the guests, I think the movie choice and atmosphere is most important, followed by picture and sound.

If you don't measure it in feet, it's not home theater!
dorsalfin
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 05:47:02 pm »

Hi all I need to get some pic's for you all still....

The sun has just went down and the people are stering around.
Over to the left of me I can smell the charcoal mixed with popcorn.

I have just let every one know that the movie is about to start.
I can here the coke tops popping and the kids stakeing out there place to sit.

The sound is all around,5.1 the picture is cinama size 12x20.
The popcorn is fresh the hot dogs and coke  are free.
The cartoons start the kids smiles are as big as there hole face.

Every one is shushing each other the adult kids have that so cool grin.
Mis Deb has that glow, I like to see.
The late comers are scuttleing in and asking are we to late.

The catoon ends and the movie starts and you can here the ruffle of the popcorn bags.

I can not tell you which is better the glow on mis Deb face the enormous smiles on the kids.

The amazement on the faces of the adults ,of how great the picture is and the sound all around them out side can sound so good.
The backyard cinema experience for the first time has know real words.
Just sies and smiles and giggles..Owe and lets not forget the milk duds mmm heaven in ones mouth.

But if I must I will say friends and family first picture second and sound thired.
And the rest is just great memories Wink

;DYour backyard cinama lover Roll Eyes Dorsalfin Kiss
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:13:33 pm by dorsalfin » Logged
KMac
Offline Posts: 341

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 05:13:12 am »

Hey everyone! I think picture quality is first, followed by sound. I think the two are tied. But to be honest, I love creating an Atmosphere of a simpler time, just to remind me of my youth going to the drive-in with my family.  I think that's what my audience enjoys the most. That's what I try to recreate with my guests, and that's what they remember the most.  Oh, and the infatable screen gets there attention too. Cool
BlackAdder72
Offline Posts: 66

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 10:49:14 pm »

I'm going to have to say picture. Its what my guests have always paid attention to. I run the sound through an FM transmitter, so the sound quality is up to whatever my guests brings with to listen on.  The reason I do this is so the volume can be kept loud enough to hear, but low enough that the neighbors don't complain. It works out fine.

A bad movie can throw the wheels off in hurry too. Will Farrell movies have been banned from my yard.
LivinInMichigan
Offline Posts: 27

Blue Moon Outdoor Theatre

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 10:33:23 pm »

WOW! Tough choice...sound is important as is the quality of the picture.  Then the movie selection needs to be appealing to everyone.  Guess as long as the beer is cold and the food is tasty everything else will fall into place!!! 

Heather
hazember
Offline Posts: 13

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 04:29:41 pm »

For me it the atmosphere.  Everyone was in awe of my 12 x 15 painters tarp with old speakers.  But the popcorn, drinks & laughter of the kids is what makes it fun & memorable
Giotto
Offline Posts: 6

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 01:39:05 pm »

I have to go with movie selection or food.  Im new and not talking from any real experience.  But as long as you have a good picture and everyone can hear it your ok.   Movie selelction matters depending on whos coming and food/getting together.  I love picture and audio more then other 2 selections but if Im hosting the other 2 seem more important once you get passed a baisc set up.  
Barley27
Offline Posts: 16

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 08:32:35 am »

As memebers of this forum, we've obviously all into the audio and the video aspects of this hobby, but when you get right down to it, I bet most of us do it for the social aspect of movie night.  So the quality of the party is the most important.

By the way...
I am new to this forum, but I'm already really impressed.

My backyard set up here is Indianapolis is a used 12'x12' Da-Lite Easy Fold screen, old stereo amplifier and big box speakers, a frequently-borrowed work projector, my daugter's "tupeeter" (that's a portable DVD player to the rest of us), and a large popcorn machine and cart.
I hope to post pictures some day.

Capitol Cinema, where movies and beer come to meet.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: