Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
52 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 03:14:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 12:24:14 am]

[Yesterday at 03:34:45 pm]

[Yesterday at 12:58:37 pm]

[Yesterday at 12:00:41 pm]

[Yesterday at 12:30:56 am]

[August 19, 2014, 05:48:56 pm]

[August 19, 2014, 02:12:27 pm]

[August 19, 2014, 12:34:17 am]

[August 18, 2014, 07:00:50 pm]

[August 18, 2014, 01:48:00 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How about a good receiver with preouts to power an external amp?  (Read 2753 times)
KrazyTrain
Offline Posts: 253

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2011, 06:34:05 pm »

I think it's time to step my game up...I love the Yamaha tuner I currently have but, of course, no pre-outs... Sad
genesis76
Offline Posts: 2860

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:04:14 pm »

How about a good receiver

Larry Fitzgerald  Grin Grin
KrazyTrain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:44:28 pm »

How about a good receiver

Larry Fitzgerald  Grin Grin

Cheesy
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 07:06:55 am »

Yamaha makes receivers with pre-outs too.  I own one, but it's discontinued since I've had it for a while.

KrazyTrain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 08:52:06 am »

Yamaha makes receivers with pre-outs too.  I own one, but it's discontinued since I've had it for a while.

I wish mine did...I love what it can do but I'd really like to add an amp and maybe even a few more speakers outside...
Sparge
Offline Posts: 2839

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 10:14:17 am »

I wish mine did...I love what it can do but I'd really like to add an amp and maybe even a few more speakers outside...

You know anyone who's good with electronics?  They can open up the unit and pigtail the preamp signals off the mainboard before they reach the amplifier circuitry.  It's not that hard (for an electronics enthusiast).  Older receivers will use discrete transistors.  Newer receivers will use purpose-built multi-channel integrated circuits.  Look up the pinouts of the part number online and find the input pins.  There's probably plenty of space to chassis mount some RCA jacks on the back of the receiver.  Just a thought.  Smiley

-Sparge-
victor-eyd
Offline Posts: 1038

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:39 am »

I have two Pioneers- one of them an Elite- and both are older component switching/5.1 models but they both have full preouts. It came in handy as when I bought the Elite (for $60) I accidentally fried the internal amps and i used the preouts on my old carvers to power my family room ht.

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
KrazyTrain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »

You know anyone who's good with electronics?  They can open up the unit and pigtail the preamp signals off the mainboard before they reach the amplifier circuitry.  It's not that hard (for an electronics enthusiast).  Older receivers will use discrete transistors.  Newer receivers will use purpose-built multi-channel integrated circuits.  Look up the pinouts of the part number online and find the input pins.  There's probably plenty of space to chassis mount some RCA jacks on the back of the receiver.  Just a thought.  Smiley

-Sparge-

That scares me... Cheesy
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 08:13:59 pm »

-Sparge-

That scares me... Cheesy

For starters, it might void your warranty.....

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: