Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
116 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2017, 06:09:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]

[August 11, 2017, 07:20:57 am]

[August 09, 2017, 07:16:10 pm]

[August 08, 2017, 01:16:07 pm]

by SR
[July 19, 2017, 11:18:24 pm]

[July 17, 2017, 10:29:24 am]

[July 03, 2017, 08:31:37 am]

by SR
[July 03, 2017, 12:00:45 am]

by SR
[July 02, 2017, 10:44:58 pm]

[July 02, 2017, 08:27:21 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update. Starting Movie Night and Screen test  (Read 6392 times)
Ronaz
Offline Posts: 68

Enjoy the movie

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:44:33 pm »

Well, Movie night did have some glitches:

1. Screen frame worked Great 6'x10' 8' ground to top of screen PJ 20' from screen
2. Screen not so great. Yep plastic white tarp too reflective. I did iron wrincles out and
were not that bad once the movie started. Tarp is translucent. I have Apartment complex
behing my house and the scare light they have on the building would show the silhouette of
the lattice fence top. Aside from that, The projection was good.

Hooked up the wireless laptop to show new and future movie releases and better stuff from
YouTube. (check out Chaun Vader, Darth's younger brother) then went to Tom and Jerry and
Looney toons cartoons. Did a couple of home videos from riding ATV and Motorcycles they looked
good.

The feature presentation -after much discussion with my theater working son- was The Wild
We were living with the shinny screen and then suddenly the entire night went to hell when
the illegal immigrant music started from the apartments and progressively got louder and louder.
I thought it would stop after a while but it got loud enough to drown the movie sound. So we broke
system down, said a few choice words and went to the front room and the 50" plasma to finish the
movie. I did call police and this time they heard the music and were going to get the person playing it.
The kicker is the stereoplaying the loud music was a car stereo. It could be used as a home theater system
with that amont of volume!

I ordered two samples of Daizon screen material to examin and will probably use that for a new screen.

Hopefully , Easter will be better. Better screen and much quieter.

...your ticket please!
rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2416

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:07:31 pm »

Sorry to hear about the problems, Ronaz but thanks for the feedback on the plastic tarp.

(laughing to myself though, imagining someone with a big car system drowning out Dano's audio -- and the deafening roar to result)  Smiley

Hang in there.  You'll love the Trapeze!

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

Danoplex II
Offline Posts: 1285

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 05:53:05 am »

Sorry to hear about the problems, Ronaz but thanks for the feedback on the plastic tarp.

(laughing to myself though, imagining someone with a big car system drowning out Dano's audio -- and the deafening roar to result)  Smiley

Hang in there.  You'll love the Trapeze!

Randy

That aint gonna happen!!!!  lol

Maybe you should see what kind of system that dude has in his car.  You can probably buy it from him for $100.00 (including the car) and just back it up behind your screen for your soud system?  Then you could install the projector under the hood and just use it as your whole platform!  Just a thought.

Dano

Ronaz

Enjoy the movie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 09:42:59 am »

Dano. That is a good Idea. It would make a good Sound/Projection platform and I think I might even get it for $50.00
if I haggle correctly. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I take it by the tounge in cheek comments that you have a good sound system for your ODT.

...your ticket please!
tlogan6797
Offline Posts: 933

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 02:23:44 pm »

Ronaz -

WELCOME!

Well, Movie night did have some glitches:

Too bad, but "Stuff" (that's the nice word for it) happens. I've had some sound issues (see other thread about "sound too low"), trouble setting up screen on a windy day (we moved Halloween movie inside) and kids that have to touch ("LOOK WITH YOUR EYES AND NOT YOUR HANDS!"). So, it's ALWAYS SOMETHING.

Hang in there, you'll have some great shows!

Good luck,
Tom
Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 07:17:46 pm »

Ronaz,

You know I would harass you if I had a good one or a bad one.  My nature.  hope it doesn't offend you.  :-)

My sound system is pretty overkill for what anyone is doing.  I was able to get a great deal on all the stuff (dealer cost) so I went hawg wild.  I am using JBL EON speakers, with a 18" 500 watt JBL sub.  I have 5 crown XLS402 power amps.  one for each channel.  All ran into a Yamaha 12 channel mixer running full 5.1 surround.  Each amp is configured to put 800 watts at each speaker.  I think your Mexicans would not be able to compete with me.  :-)

Sorry, not bragging but I do like my sound.......it is wonderful!

Dano

Ronaz

Enjoy the movie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 12:46:29 am »

No offese at all Dano! I love a good kidding now an then. You have to be thick skinned in my Family. I do agree that your sound system would definatley turn the heads of the illegals I belive the phrase is "estereofonia muy buena".

...your ticket please!
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 09:47:56 pm »

Ronaz,

You know I would harass you if I had a good one or a bad one.  My nature.  hope it doesn't offend you.  :-)

My sound system is pretty overkill for what anyone is doing.  I was able to get a great deal on all the stuff (dealer cost) so I went hawg wild.  I am using JBL EON speakers, with a 18" 500 watt JBL sub.  I have 5 crown XLS402 power amps.  one for each channel.  All ran into a Yamaha 12 channel mixer running full 5.1 surround.  Each amp is configured to put 800 watts at each speaker.  I think your Mexicans would not be able to compete with me.  :-)

Sorry, not bragging but I do like my sound.......it is wonderful!

Dano

I think I speak for everyone here when I say WOW!   What a sound system!  I am drooling.

Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 06:29:38 am »

Tscoff,

Thanks!  It is going to get better as far as setup is concerned.  I am working on it as we type!

Dano

barefoottourguide
Offline Posts: 169

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 08:32:18 am »

Last summer we showed director cuts of Aliens and Alien3 and had Hispanic music from a band blasting from three doors down. I'm odd enough to enjoy the neighbors contribution as an alternative soundtrack to the film. It made the movies more light-hearted.
Garrett

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: