Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
64 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 06:28:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 05:50:34 pm]

[Today at 03:18:45 pm]

[Today at 02:10:09 pm]

[Today at 12:07:32 pm]

[Today at 08:11:10 am]

[Yesterday at 11:34:24 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:15:28 pm]

[Yesterday at 07:34:55 pm]

[Yesterday at 04:24:18 am]

[Yesterday at 04:22:02 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jbl eon p 15 inch speakers  (Read 2908 times)
mousse
Offline Posts: 490

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »

Any input on these speakers?  Met a long time dj who was raving about them and wants to sell them.   Used about 10 times.great shape according to him.  What would be a fair price?

Don't judge the motives, just the results.
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 05:00:20 am »

I don't know what they're worth, but he's right.  They're great speakers.

bmac
Offline Posts: 1334

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 08:33:49 am »

These speakers would probably be anywhere from 5 to 10 years old. They sold new for $450-$500 each. If they are in good condition,  I would think $300 for the pair would be reasonable. Have you found any on Craigslist to compare?
mousse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 11:49:23 am »

These speakers would probably be anywhere from 5 to 10 years old. They sold new for $450-$500 each. If they are in good condition,  I would think $300 for the pair would be reasonable. Have you found any on Craigslist to compare?
On Ebay they seem to priced at double that.  Is there something I'm missing?

cdepaola
Offline Posts: 879

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 11:55:05 am »

On Ebay they seem to priced at double that.  Is there something I'm missing?

You should expect to pay around 250-300 each, these things hold their value well.

mousse

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 02:02:11 pm »

Thanks for the input.  Hoping to see them Sunday. 

What audience size would they best serve?

ArniePye
Offline Posts: 88

I can't see through metal, Kent!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 02:11:07 pm »

Get them up on some stands and you could cover 40-60 people no problem.  Add a self powered sub and that number will go up.   
tscoff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 04:51:03 pm »

I'm not sure what those can do outside, but I have a pair of Yamaha speakers with 12" woofers that are in the same class/price range as those and I use them in a 2000 seat auditorium with no problem.  I'm not happy with the bass at the back of the balcony, but that's because I'm picky.  Everyone else loves the sound.

ArniePye
Offline Posts: 88

I can't see through metal, Kent!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

Tim, I'm afraid your advice to mousse about different speakers in a totally different environment may be misleading.  Your Yamaha speakers are not powered like the Eons and have 12" woofers where the Eons have 15s.  The reason you are not happy with the bass at the rear of the a 2000 seat theater is because those speakers are inadequate for that space.

I'm not saying that you have not had successful events with your setup.  It's great that you've put together a system that works for you.  Rather, I want to make sure that no one thinks a pair of 2-way 12" boxes is going to give a cinema level experience to 2000 people.       
cdepaola
Offline Posts: 879

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 07:24:30 pm »

Tim, I'm afraid your advice to mousse about different speakers in a totally different environment may be misleading.  Your Yamaha speakers are not powered like the Eons and have 12" woofers where the Eons have 15s.  The reason you are not happy with the bass at the rear of the a 2000 seat theater is because those speakers are inadequate for that space.

I'm not saying that you have not had successful events with your setup.  It's great that you've put together a system that works for you.  Rather, I want to make sure that no one thinks a pair of 2-way 12" boxes is going to give a cinema level experience to 2000 people.       

+1 on this...

bmac
Offline Posts: 1334

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 11:01:17 pm »

What is the asking price?  I'm amazed that these speakers are commanding such a price. As the owner of 2 Eon 15 g2 speakers, I'm happy to hear the resale value is so impressive.  Unless you get a great deal, you might look for some G2's. 400 watts vs 180 watts for the P1's.  I believe my G2's could handle an an outdoor crowd of 200 or more easily.
mousse

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 07:40:59 pm »

What is the asking price?  I'm amazed that these speakers are commanding such a price. As the owner of 2 Eon 15 g2 speakers, I'm happy to hear the resale value is so impressive.  Unless you get a great deal, you might look for some G2's. 400 watts vs 180 watts for the P1's.  I believe my G2's could handle an an outdoor crowd of 200 or more easily.
We paid 550.00 for the pair with stands and a couple of cables.  Actually 140 watts each.

mousse

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 07:51:22 pm »

I got em today.  $550.00 for the pair with stands and a couple cables.  I now need the appropriate mixer to make everything come together.  What is recommended?

tscoff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 08:00:34 pm »

+1 on this...

They do a great job and they do exactly what they were meant to do.  The speakers were sized for that auditorium when I bought them and I bought the 12" speakers instead of 15" ones because they reproduce voices better than the 15" speakers do.  They aren't ideal for watching action movies, but they're great for reproducing voices and that was the primary goal.  They also fill the space with music very nicely, but I should have EQ'd them last year and I didn't.

Read the discussion of the speakers from last year's Spargefest.  We did a pretty in depth evaluation of the different types of speakers available.  Unfortunately the one thing that we didn't have was EON's.  http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php?topic=5995.0

tscoff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 08:05:48 pm »

I got em today.  $550.00 for the pair with stands and a couple cables.  I now need the appropriate mixer to make everything come together.  What is recommended?

I like my Yamaha mixer.  I bought the MG82CX and it does exactly what I want/need it to do.

There are a lot to pick from in that price range.  I paid $150 for mine.

You got a great buy on a great pair of speakers!!!

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: