Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
67 Guests, 1 User
FrostyFreeze
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2014, 11:12:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 03:53:38 pm]

[Today at 01:47:47 am]

[Yesterday at 05:02:08 pm]

[July 25, 2014, 06:35:15 pm]

[July 25, 2014, 05:04:54 pm]

[July 24, 2014, 10:50:06 pm]

[July 24, 2014, 08:43:44 pm]

[July 24, 2014, 01:37:48 pm]

[July 24, 2014, 09:40:10 am]

[July 23, 2014, 01:43:00 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CRITICAL MASS - Gemmy Inflatable Screen  (Read 72686 times)
Danoplex II
Offline Posts: 1285

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2007, 03:53:28 pm »

Hey everyone,

My Bro-In-Law was recently bitten by the BYT bug and is suffering from negative cash flow at this time.  LOL  Poor guy.  He is ramping up really quick though.

In his search to find a screen I introduced him to the Gemmy.  I have been contemplating buying one but now it seems they are "out of stock."  He called Wal-Mart and spoke with the folks in Arkansas about the Gemmy.  They said that if it says "out of Stock" they will not be carried or stocked again.  So, he went to Sky Mall and bought one from there for another $100.00.

Anyone have a connection on the Gemmy or a heads up where to get one?  I noticed that the link that has been on here for a long time is now gone.

Help?  Mayday!!

Dano

kelemvor
Offline Posts: 1377

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:00:59 pm »

COuld check this link:
http://www.gemmy.com/product.cfm?productId=39121-32
or
http://www.gemmy.com/MovieScreen/

It directs you to this site:
http://www.buyinflatables.com/proddetail.php?prod=39121-32

Which is also out of stock but you could try calling them up.

THe other sites all don't even list it any more.  Hmm. Very strange.

I emailed Gemmy to see what's up.  I called first but they are closed.  Oh well.  I guess ebay might be your only option.

EDIT: Found A site that says they have it...
http://www.seasonalimpact.com/149-Airblown-Movie-Screen-wstorage-bag-P3C0.aspx
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 04:09:44 pm by kelemvor » Logged

rfisk
Administrator
Offline Posts: 2404

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 04:19:17 pm »

Walmart ran out so I pulled the link.  The distributor seems out too.  I've tried to contact both with no luck yet.  I have one new one here but it's already spoken for.

If anyone is interested in getting on a list for these, send an email to: info at backyardtheater.com with GEMMY in the subject and I'll drop you a quick reminder email when they're available again through my sources.

For what it's worth, they have gone "Out of Stock" at Walmart before and have come back.  Actually it happens fairly often.

I hope to post a promo on Sima screens Tuesday.  But they obviously won't be this cheep.  Still tying up some loose ends on that but most everything came into place last week.  Should be a good price for y'all on those.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

victor-eyd
Offline Posts: 1034

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 05:16:57 pm »

The guy from buyinflatables says late june for a restock, that's why I'm considering the alternative design for a rolldown screen

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 06:48:11 pm »

Kelemvor,

I went to that site and palced and order.  I will let you know IF it come in or not.  We will see.  I guess if it does, I am meant to have one.  If not....the timing is not right.  I place it in the will of the Backyard Theater Gods...lol

Dano

PS Thanks for the info.  Randy, if this fails, I may be wanting to talk to and your "source".....dounds mafia like.....cool

dcshobby
Offline Posts: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:31:08 pm »

I ordered my Gemmy screen 3 months ago. I also had a very hard time finding it from the manufacturer or walmart. They all said it was out of stock. One of the stores said to check HSN.com and I did and typed in inflatable screen and the Gemmy screen popped up for $185. I also found a $15 off coupon from google which made shipping free for me.

So I suggest going to the link below and then search for an HSN coupon on google and apply it to save some money.

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=2421933&web_id=2421933&ocm=sekw

Good luck. By the way, I blew up the screen for the first time and it is HUGE!!!
kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 08:58:23 pm »

Cool.  Good find.

And here's a link to a 15% off coupon for new HSN.com customers.
http://www.fatwallet.com/d/147364/9/1/?afsrc=1

That's about $175 +tax if they charge it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 09:03:13 pm by kelemvor » Logged

Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 09:04:36 pm »

DCSHOBBY,

I am assuming you did eventaully receive it?  How long did it take?  You got it from HSN?

Dano

Adam12
Offline Posts: 45

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 02:03:52 pm »

I just ordered one of the Gemmy Screens online at HSN.com. I called a customer service rep to check availibility before I placed my order.He told me they had 117 availible at that time. When I placed my order online , the estimated delivery said 4-18-2007. I will post again when I receive it.
desert-dog
Offline Posts: 97

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 03:50:19 pm »

Scarcity...That's the procrastination cure.  I had been lurking around, intending to buy one of these Gemmy's for my movies this summer but hadn't taken the time to actually order one.

Last night I read that Wally won't be carrying them until June, if even then.

So, I too ordered one just now from HSN.  My ship date is also 4/18...

Hopefully I got one of the 117 referenced by Adam12 - I didn't want to wait until Monday to talk to a rep for availability...

Fingers crossed and I promise never to procrastinate again!
Biotron2000
Offline Posts: 139

Bakersfield, CA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 05:20:35 pm »

Fingers crossed and I promise never to procrastinate again!

I was going to try procrastination but I kept putting it off.

Wink

Patrick

Patrick McNeal
Berkeley Street Cinema
Wii Console #7840-0866-0014-1508
patrick@jacpat.com
dcshobby
Offline Posts: 6

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 07:12:54 pm »

I ordered it for $189.90 and I applied the $15 coupon and got it for $189.95 because they charged $15 shipping. I ordered it 2/5/2007 and it shipped on 2/9/2007. I also ordered it when there were only 6 left so it looks like there is plenty of stock now.

The order shipped through UPS for me. It was delivered to me 2/14/2007 so it took roughly nine calendar days to receive which isn't bad at all. Hope you guys get it a little faster than i do.  Wink

It is still too cold here in Minnesota to show a movie but I did take it out and blow it up and the thing is GIGANTIC. I can't wait to show my first movie. By the way, I only just turned 16 a week ago. I will definitely post setup pictures after my first showing. I can't wait!!!  Grin
kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 09:42:05 am »

Well, here's the official response I just got from Gemmy:

Thank you for your interest in Gemmy products!  The item you are
searching for can be purchased at participating Walmart stores.  If you
are unable to find it at stores in your area or they are sold out you
may try searching online and/or on eBay.

Thank you,
Trisha S.
Customer Service

Oh well.  HSN.com looks like the most promising option.  And use the link I put in above...

BYTV
Offline Posts: 41

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 11:23:25 am »

It is still too cold here in Minnesota to show a movie but I did take it out and blow it up and the thing is GIGANTIC.

Too cold? Down in southeast Minnesota we have hat two showings already!! More planned for this weekend if its not raining!!

I am ordering the HSN screen now. Just sitting on the order button a few min.........
BYTV
Offline Posts: 41

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 11:34:43 am »

Cool.  Good find.

And here's a link to a 15% off coupon for new HSN.com customers.
http://www.fatwallet.com/d/147364/9/1/?afsrc=1

That's about $175 +tax if they charge it.

I tried that link/code. the site said they will not accept that coupon due to their "regulations" I am not sure why but alas it didn't work for me.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: