Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
54 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 04:40:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 10:35:52 pm]

[Yesterday at 03:36:26 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:49:24 am]

[October 29, 2014, 12:48:55 am]

[October 29, 2014, 12:22:27 am]

[October 27, 2014, 03:36:49 pm]

[October 25, 2014, 10:23:23 am]

[October 23, 2014, 11:04:45 pm]

[October 22, 2014, 01:31:02 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:39:08 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Jeopardy Template?  (Read 3518 times)
Oldalgebra
Offline Posts: 582

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:35:13 am »

Most of my backyard theater shows are for children.
I'd like to have a Jeopardy Game before the main feature.

Years ago, I used a PowerPoint version in the classroom, but it wasn't very satisfactory. I'm sure there are some nice ones out there now.

What do you use to create a game?

tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:50:46 pm »

i've found the font here:

http://fonts101.com/fonts/view/Uncategorized/29108/ScaKorinna.aspx

now i would guess the background is blue Smiley

with my new-found Adobe Premiere powers, i imagine one could splice video footage of Alex walking up unto the stage and welcoming everyone to "(insert your theater name here)" Jeopardy. then splice video footage of the "clues" monitors and fill them in with your choice of clues.

maybe then start with a couple of easy questions gradually moving up in difficulty. the problem is: do you want it to be a multiple choice question (with the answers on the screen) or straight Jeopardy where only the answer is shown on screen? the multiple choice question format would probably let more people get involved with the quiz, whilst a straight-on Jeopardy format would probably only appeal to the already familiar Jeopardy crowd.

i'll start on the video footage things but i'll need some questions for the clues. i've already found this "third grade science jeopardy" Q&A, so if i get that far ahead i could put those in as placeholders.

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:13 pm »

quick work on finding the jeopardy blue clue background color (060CE9, btw), downloaded the Korinna font (slight older font), created clue dollar worth amounts from $100 to $1000 and the Double Jeopardy and Final Jeopardy titles.

also downloaded a few jeopardy set backgrounds. plan on taking the BYT members' theater logo or theater name and adding it using either after effects or premiere. also downloaded a 3 minute version of the new jeopardy theme song without a studio audience clapping or the announcer announcing. plan on recording my own voice as the announcer and maybe add the studio audience clap via an outside program (need to figure this out).

need to figure out the dialog as well. i'll use my BYT theater as a test and i'll follow the current announcer's script minus the talking about the current contestants. im trying to find a clip of alex walking unto the stage. i can remove the audio, add my own audio and voice over to that (fake Trebek accent), and go straight to the clues.

for the clues, i found an awesome resource:  http://www.j-archive.com/

the archives seem to go back till 1984. these are, however, real jeopardy clues and answers. i'll dig through and hope to find some easier fair. perhaps some disney q&a.

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:47:21 pm »

hmmm... i think i've come up with a solution to how to display the answer after a certain amount of time...

first though i'll have our fake Trebek randomly pick one of the six categories (randomly added), and randomly say "ok, the $100 Disney clue is:..... ", then he'll talk out the answer, the jeopardy "think" music starts, then the answer dissolves, revealing 3 questions, after 5 more seconds the fake question dissolve, revealing the correct question, end "think" music, cue small audience claps. cue fake-Trebek, once maybe twice a jeopardy pre-roll, have trebek make one of the side jokes about the previous question, return to trebek randomly choosing a category and dollar value, rinse, repeat.

i have a feeling my voice will suffer lots. this project may take longer than i believe!

Oldalgebra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 01:52:20 pm »

Holy smokes, Tronn. That sounds pretty ambitious. Can't wait to see the final product. I'll have to jump right in , of course.

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 02:11:27 pm »

I'm making it so the answers and questions are universal but the title screens can be edited either by me or each person, adding their own theaters' logo and/or name.

I downloaded some jeopardy sounds zip file late last night an when I checked them this morning they're very horri-bad!  I'll source some cleaner sounds after lunch. The jeopardy archive website is very helpful. It may also give me that upper-hand when I watch it on tv Smiley

When a project is fun, it can't be considered work! Wink

Oldalgebra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 08:30:47 pm »

"When a project is fun, it can't be considered work! "

SO TRUE!

whomever
Offline Posts: 9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:54:14 pm »