Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
74 Guests, 1 User
Jeeperz23
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 08:24:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 06:46:41 am]

[Today at 06:27:01 am]

[Today at 01:22:57 am]

[Yesterday at 10:41:06 pm]

[Yesterday at 06:22:10 pm]

[Yesterday at 06:14:11 pm]

[August 20, 2014, 12:58:37 pm]

[August 20, 2014, 12:00:41 pm]

[August 20, 2014, 12:30:56 am]

[August 19, 2014, 05:48:56 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega-Tronn Theater  (Read 44790 times)
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2012, 03:03:32 pm »

I know it wasn't funny at the time, but that story made me laugh out loud. I've  "overdone" the popcorn once or twice in my life too. The doors and windows have to stay open ALL NIGHT to get rid of the smell.

The rack looks good. Love the wheels.

More pics please!

i remembered the incident last night cause i opened the microwave to heat up a can of corn (in a microwave safe container....without the can) and the burnt smell just punched me in the face! the inside of the microwave has lost its pearly white color and is now looking like a microwave from anyone elses' workplace... you know... all yellowy.

about the wheels, i've looked at UD's "The Rig" and have seen the wheels available from Harbor Freight. right now they just seem too expensive. i'll keep an eye on them and if they go on a great sale, i'll consider buying those. these wheels are big but still solid. i'll have to push this cart about 15 feet onto grass. i myself would be mindfull of the items on the cart (and would really really tie them down) but anyone else, i fear, may just push it hap-hazardly and something is just bound to fall/break.

Chess
Offline Posts: 36

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »

I didn't know about them, but I will be getting some of the Vortex anchors.  The anchors that came with my inflatable screen, 16 X 9 OAC, are the type that you tie dogs too and stick up about 6".  I have painted the spot where they go with orange paint so I can put them in the same spot after I take them up to mow, etc.  I have found that if I attach the screen to the anchors before I inflate, it pops up almost automatically saving me a lot of trouble, and, since it is in the same spot, and my PJ is mounted in the same place each time, I don't have to adjust focus. With these, I can just leave them in the ground.  Thanks for posting!
Chess
Underdog66
Offline Posts: 301

'Cause cuttin the roof off my den would be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 05:51:24 am »

I got my anchors at PTM.  They go 2.5 feet deep and twist down with the help of a stick or wrench through the hole.  Its black and you can have it flush with the ground or sticking out higher.  I'll post a pic if I can find one.

Infinity Backyard Motion Pictures
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 11:00:32 pm »

New outdoor receiver. The pioneer vsk-821-k.

Front shot

It's replacing this unit.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:03:41 pm by tronn4 » Logged

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2012, 12:50:30 am »

Tonight (4/7/12) was intended to be an Easter movie night. It ended up being one of my younger brothers birthday party.

Here's the layout from the yards' entrance:

Here's the layout from in front of the screen:

Captains chair!

Close-up of the inflatable furniture the wife bought:

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2012, 12:59:58 am »

Btw the inflatable furniture is made by Intec. Not sure where the wife got them but they do pretty good.

Here's a shot of some movie theater intro:

Played a few other movie intros but this Tom and Jerry cartoon was a hit:

The birthday boy wanted to see Tron Legacy:

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2012, 01:08:16 am »

Instead of a second movie, the birthday boy wanted to play FIFA 12 on the PS3:

Action view of the equipment:

Bought a plethora of zip ties today. I'll start strapping everything down tomorrow. As you can see I still require putting a DVD case and a cd case under the new projector stand!  Turns out the ground under the cart is somewhat tilted away from the screen. Had to run 2 new lengths of speaker wire. These are only temporary as I now plan mimicking something close to how OA's speaker setup is (banana post terminals)

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2012, 03:53:57 pm »

you never know when or where you'd find a outdoor theater deal... so i was browsing craigslist for a vintage looking popcorn machine, had a picture up of one particular machine, and in walks a co-worker telling me he has one he's thinking of selling. within 5 minutes, i now have a popcorn machine with a cart, a "big sack" of popcorn kernels, lots of oil, some of those plastic popcorn containers, a scoop, and a salt shaker. its only been used twice. now to find a butta warmer Tongue

its this nostalgia electric model CCp-510:

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2012, 07:29:52 pm »

quick mention... im making Mega-Tronn theater... portable! would the theater then be called Porta-Tronn? Tongue

just ordered the required extra EMT pipes. will be making a trip down to PTM (local EMT pipe fitting supplier) probably tomorrow.
the location i will be placing.... Porta-Tronn... is a western facing wall of a 2 story house. i may be able to start sooner than 7:30pm as there is plenty of shading from the proposed projection area. its another brothers birthday.

i'll sketch out something after work today

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2012, 11:17:53 pm »

word up son! i fell all Indiana Jones right about now! i was rummaging through all my old photos and found these bad boys! it was a test screen i built back in '09! back in my caveman days (Pre-BYT), i bought a brown canvas cloth material (dont even remember its size). manually added goldish grommets (ick!) and savagely mounted it onto the back wall (same location as the current Mega-Tronn screen) using long bungee cords! even the bottom in-ground dog tie-outs are the same ones!

the projector was a projector borrowed from a nephew. some old business class projector with lots of hours on the lamp.

pictures are dated March 25, 2009

i present... Meta-Tronn Theater!

close up of gnarly grommets and bungee cord:

stretchy bungees!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:40:16 pm by tronn4 » Logged

scottw
Offline Posts: 60

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2012, 10:01:55 am »

Love the outdoor furniture. I was able to find it here : http://www.amazon.com/Intex-68560E-Sofa-Lounge/dp/B002PLK020/ref=pd_sim_sg_1
Some say it starts to leak but for $30 I think I may try it.

Thanks for posting the pics!
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2012, 12:55:05 pm »

no prob. i just read the amazon reviews. feel sorry for that one guy. oh well. mines still working and its been 2 months now with it.

back to Porta-Tronn. i did this quick sketch. the bottom legs

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2012, 12:21:00 pm »

so i got all 7 10' sections of EMT pipe im thinking i need for the legs project.

then i stopped by the local fittings source:

and i just learned yesterday they actually do have a updated online store at : www.canopieselite.com

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2012, 12:24:21 pm »

then got home and setup the screen (had taken it down this past weekend) and watched the laker game. its live TV. i have an OTA antenna picking up the signal, delivering the signal to my HD Homerun unit, the HD Homerun unit is network connected, so i connected my HTPC to it and thats how i got live TV.

FrostyFreeze
Offline Posts: 411

HYLTOPLEX OUTDOOR THEATER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2012, 04:05:04 pm »

Looks good to me!

Where/how do you store it?

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: