Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
53 Guests, 2 Users
SirRobyn0, Lincolntech
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 12:36:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 12:09:31 am]

[Yesterday at 09:32:18 pm]

[Yesterday at 09:28:22 pm]

[November 20, 2014, 12:02:36 pm]

[November 17, 2014, 11:17:57 pm]

[November 17, 2014, 03:40:32 pm]

[November 11, 2014, 01:43:05 am]

[November 10, 2014, 08:02:22 pm]

[November 10, 2014, 07:28:41 pm]

[November 08, 2014, 05:39:49 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega-Tronn Theater  (Read 47941 times)
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2012, 02:36:10 pm »

with great sound comes great responsiblity! plus the receiver has a volume knob! :p

fridays and saturdays its kinda expected that people will be having a party. im very neighborly at exactly at 11pm i reduce the volume. also through-out the entire show i have the receiver remote and when i know to expect a huge mega bang or the hero's guitar shredding intro song, i lower it as well. Smiley

plus my receiver can pump out 150W per channel, the current speakers seem like they can only handle like 50W! i want the power available for when i NEEEEEEED to belt out Boheiman Rhapsody on Rock Band at full blast!

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2012, 12:27:38 pm »

from saturday night after the wifes' ladies night was done, i played a few clips from a few movies. i didnt take any pictures of the 3D tests i did because the image is blurry to begin with.

TinTin:

disneys' african cats:

undercover brother:

enter the dragon:

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2012, 02:20:08 pm »

well lookey here! im diggin through my photobucket account and found lots more "Meta-Tronn" era screens!

this was an extreme close up of Modern Warfare 1 to show the low resolution of the borrowed projector:

my favorite pac-man... MRS. PAC-MAN!

found a picture showing the borrowed projector and xbox:

this one shows the screen and the sound system at that time. an extra HTiB i still have laying somewhere:

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2012, 02:23:31 pm »

a few more pics. this is beverly hills cop on that beige screen. i guess i could have adjusted the projector settings but i didnt :/

i remember when i posted this up at AVS i was referred to as "the Snuggie clan". i still have the snuggie! Smiley

bonus pics: these 2 pics were from i was testing the idea for "Meta-Tronn". before the outdoor screen and just before i played modern warfare.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:27:03 pm by tronn4 » Logged

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:59 pm »

new speakers going up hopefully tonight!

got them in black (they come in optional white as well)

specs:
All-Weather Versatility
Rigid, Acoustically Inert Enclosure, Teflon®-sealed internal cabinetry & driver
5 1/4" polypropylene woofer
1" silk dome tweeter
Power handling: 120W
Frequency Response 45Hz - 20kHz
Sensitivity 90db
Impedance 8 ohm (70V switchable)
Optional 70V tap: 2.5W, 5W, 10W, 15W, 20W
Finishes: White and Black
Includes full swing multi-mount brackets
Gold-plated 5-way binding posts
Powder coated aluminum grille
Unit Dimension: 7.3" L x 6.6" D x 9.7" H.
Unit Weight: 8 lbs x 2 = 16 lbs pack
Wireless: No
5-Yr Warranty

these are the AP525's. 5 1/4" drivers. $88.50/pair (plus tax, no shipping cause i drove over there!)

and on a final note... Flavacol! in southern california its available at Smart & Final Stores. just bought one and i dont have coconut oil, but i hope this "popcorn crack" is all its said to be!

Tazman101
Offline Posts: 253

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2012, 11:28:12 pm »

Hey Tronn,

We bought one of those blow up chairs from Amazon...my god is that thing comfy!!! Instead of ordering the couch we will probably order 2 more chairs. I lost the thing the second I blew it up  Roll Eyes

Showing our first movie of the season tonight....I AM sitting in that thing  Grin

Same here.  There was a 2 sofa with a DC pump package on Amazon.   They were a HUGE hit at the movie, both the kids and the adults were sitting on them.

The sofas are very comfy, but the pump is a bit strange.  It is rechargeable air pump, that has to be charged at least 10 hours before you can use it.  Once it was charged, it worked great to pump up the sofas, it just seemed weird that it has to be charged and won't work if its plugged into the wall.

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2012, 03:49:23 am »

Just finished cinco de mayo party. It's technically el sexto de mayo now! And yes sexto is the number 6 in Spanish Wink

Have more pics but am tired! Muy cansado!

For now.... MARACAS!!

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2012, 01:06:41 pm »

last night was my first 4 movie night! a quad-feature! it helped that the first 2 movies had a short run time.

1st puss in boots:

2nd born in east LA

3rd beverly hills chihuahua

4th some world war 2 flying movie... the name escaes me...

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2012, 10:36:10 am »

while digging through my rear-house i found an old gamecube portable screen. it was meant to allow gamecube playtime in a car. found the ac adapter and video input cable, tried it out yesterday as a "video out" monitor. works great but only if i have a source that is either component or composite. dont use many of those. but its also good for the on screen display of the receiver setup. i was doing audio adjustments whilst waiting for the dodger game to start

video out monitor in a temp location:

resolution is not great at all but video does playback. i did try video playback from my iphone through this monitor and it was passable. washed out and crappy resolution but it works. heres a pic with the receivers' on screen display:

this was the dodger game at the 3rd inning. picture must have been about 7:45pm. game had started at 7:10pm.

much later:

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:09 am »

between commercials i messed a bit with the projector settings. lowered the brightness a tad and adjusted something called the "de-gamma" setting. overall image did darken but detail (not sharpness) improved considerably. definetly got rid of a slight "wash-out" look

towards the end of the game i was flipping channels. heres a snap of dancin with the stars:

The Voices' finale episode HALL AND OATES!!!!

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2012, 10:42:58 am »

to cap off the night, my favorite Blues Brothers scene. this song always makes me get up and pull (attempt) some james brown moves!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9bGYEudwCQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/X9bGYEudwCQ</a>

Tazman101

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2012, 10:54:41 am »

Looks great Tronn.  Last nights Dodger game probably wasn't as good as Monday nights for you right?  Smiley

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2012, 11:09:28 am »

true. actually since we dont have cable or sat, these free games (on the local channels) are the only times we can really see them. a few friends of mine are setting up a dodger fan club with the primary intention of going to a few games as a group mainly for the group rate discount on seats. seeing the game (any baseball game) in person is way better, but this is for when we cant get out there.

also its a good thing the lakers lost as well because their next game on thursday is being televised on the local channels Smiley i think the wife is planning a super small get together. i think i can smell the costco pizzas now!

Tazman101

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2012, 11:26:20 am »

true. actually since we dont have cable or sat, these free games (on the local channels) are the only times we can really see them. a few friends of mine are setting up a dodger fan club with the primary intention of going to a few games as a group mainly for the group rate discount on seats. seeing the game (any baseball game) in person is way better, but this is for when we cant get out there.

also its a good thing the lakers lost as well because their next game on thursday is being televised on the local channels Smiley i think the wife is planning a super small get together. i think i can smell the costco pizzas now!

nice, so its an OTA HD channel you are getting there with just an antenna?

GO LAKERS!

Smiley

FrostyFreeze
Offline Posts: 416

HYLTOPLEX OUTDOOR THEATER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2012, 11:31:58 am »

also its a good thing the lakers lost as well because their next game on thursday is being televised on the local channels Smiley

1: It's never a good thing when the Lakers lose (st00pid Lakers)

2: Thursday is an away game, but I dont think it's being televised on local KCAL-9. This is the last Lakers season on Ch. 9 before they move ALL games (home and away) to a new cable channel they've started with Time-Warner Cable. Yesterday on the radio they were saying that the previous game (Sunday?) was the last one on Channel 9 (TWC is part-owner of the channel, but you dont need TWC to get the channel, ya dig?)

Here's some more info and a neat tribute video KCAL put together to commemorate their 35-year relationship with the Lakers: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kcal-pays-tribute-end-35-partnership-los-angeles-201148976.html;_ylt=A2KJjai2mapPJlgAK05NbK5_

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: