Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
68 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 06:32:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 10:23:23 am]

[Today at 10:20:43 am]

[Yesterday at 12:38:12 pm]

[October 23, 2014, 11:04:45 pm]

[October 22, 2014, 01:31:02 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:39:08 pm]

[October 19, 2014, 01:52:21 pm]

[October 19, 2014, 01:43:09 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 12:19:06 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 11:56:27 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega-Tronn Theater  (Read 46826 times)
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2012, 11:55:08 am »

@Taz: yes it's OTA HD most local channels in Los Angeles have an hd channel. The hd Homerun unit grabs the hd signal and makes it available through my network.

@Frosty: I thought it was going on be on kcal. I did a search for lakers tv schedule and I think it was at the nba site. Of not I guess I have to start looking for the Justin.tv feeds. I'm sure someone is bound to have it

edit: this is what i see:

edit: that is from the nba.com lakers website. problem is the kcal programming schedule for thursday at 7pm is dr dang-phil! in a way i hope that the game is kcal but understand that most regular season games were on the channel but never really thought about any playoff game before
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:38:48 pm by tronn4 » Logged

FrostyFreeze
Offline Posts: 415

HYLTOPLEX OUTDOOR THEATER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2012, 12:54:53 pm »

it used to be that EVERY away came was on KCAL no matter what, but they started cutting that off during the playoffs a few years ago.

When they said no more KCAL on the radio yesterday I thought it was weird that game 4 would be the last game when the series isnt over, unless they ASSUMED LIKE I DID that the series would end at game 5 and there would be no game 6?? Who knows. Maybe they'll clarify today.

Did you check out the tribute video???

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2012, 02:26:37 pm »

here is a blog on kcal/kcbs website. stating that sunday "could" have been the last kcal game.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/05/07/blog-35-years-of-the-lakers-and-kcal/

i think its the original post which yahoo seems to have reported but left out important details.

"Sunday night could very well have been the end of an era. The finale, perhaps, of the 35-year marriage between the Lakers and KCAL9"

this was written on tuesday before the lakers' loss. the writer, as well as a few other people, assumed the lakers would win. i believe this is why the kcal/kcbs websites' tv listings are incorrect.

also i found out the nba.com website has 2 tv schedule listings. if you google "lakers tv schedule", the first listing is for the National Television Schedule. it only shows the TNT logos. the second googled response shows "local tv" schedule. i think its on like donkey kong tomorrow!

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2012, 07:18:10 pm »

Ok just watched kcal and they had a commercial for Thursdays game! WOOOOOO!

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2012, 01:33:24 am »

Lakers losing. Oh well!

I've figured out how to do some video calibrations before sundown.

The game started.... not that great actually

Further and further down the rabbit hole...

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »

small gathering tonight. was planning on just the wife and i, but just invited a friend with his small family as well. tonight will be the first of a 3 part series of movies... we will try to have each of the 3 parts every other friday night.

which movie saga has enough movies to be split 3 ways at 2 movies a showing?

star wars!

i think we will start with episode 1 and 2 tonight. 3 and 4 the next. and finally 5 and 6.

tonight is also significant because my friend is bringing over Pioneer Chicken! Oh yes! Pioneer STILL exists in Southern California! Popeyes had bought out 99.99% of the chain, but couldnt touch 3 Pioneers' as they were family owned and not part of the chain.

more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Chicken

the logo:

the drive-thru menu:

the place is a time warp back to the early to mid 80's. the staff is very friendly. the wait for the food is super long. they aint ever heard of ATM cards. they aint got an ATM as well! you have to cross the block to get to an ATM! cash only. but the food is definetly worth the drive! always get an Orange Bang (orange flavored drink) with your order!

Tazman101
Offline Posts: 253

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2012, 05:20:31 pm »

small gathering tonight. was planning on just the wife and i, but just invited a friend with his small family as well. tonight will be the first of a 3 part series of movies... we will try to have each of the 3 parts every other friday night.

which movie saga has enough movies to be split 3 ways at 2 movies a showing?

star wars!
i think we will start with episode 1 and 2 tonight. 3 and 4 the next. and finally 5 and 6.

Excellent!  are you going to show your Star Wars Blender opening?
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2012, 07:12:27 pm »

actually im working on it right now. i've messed around with blender for the last week. still havent downloaded the old blender version we discussed, but i figured out how to change the clips frame from 500 to 1. problem i ran into now is that when i convert the text to a curve, then to a mesh, then i change the frame from 500 to 1, my theaters name does not move behind the death star!

it stays out in front and simply rotates! weird! i got about 2 hours, so i think i'll mess some more with it right now. still my pc is older and the render time on this clip would be well over 5 hours. so probably not today Sad

FrostyFreeze
Offline Posts: 415

HYLTOPLEX OUTDOOR THEATER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2012, 09:51:32 pm »

Pioneer is still around?? I was freaking BORN AND RAISED on that place!!

Tazman101

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2012, 11:35:45 am »

actually im working on it right now. i've messed around with blender for the last week. still havent downloaded the old blender version we discussed, but i figured out how to change the clips frame from 500 to 1. problem i ran into now is that when i convert the text to a curve, then to a mesh, then i change the frame from 500 to 1, my theaters name does not move behind the death star!

it stays out in front and simply rotates! weird! i got about 2 hours, so i think i'll mess some more with it right now. still my pc is older and the render time on this clip would be well over 5 hours. so probably not today Sad

Bummer!  Well if you are interested just say the word and I'll be happy to work one up for you for your next movie night. 
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2012, 02:08:40 pm »

thanks but i want to get it working. its more because of me being stubborn and trying to make the new blender (2.62) work the same as the blender version that hawkes had done the tutorial in. after i poke and prod 2.62 around a bit more, im sure it'll give in and do what i want Smiley

started last night playing star wars episode 1 late. guests didnt arrive on time Sad  we did play all of ep1 and only half of ep2. tonight the wife wants to play some "chick flicks". i think she has some doris day movies in mind which i dont mind. we'll see

Tazman101

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2012, 02:16:55 pm »

No worries, let me know when you get it going.  Smiley

Have you seen the videos for the 'blender projects'?  There are full on animations and a game that they have made using Blender.   If you are interested at all, check them out here:

http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/blender-open-projects/
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:16 pm »

Have you seen the videos for the 'blender projects'?  There are full on animations and a game that they have made using Blender.   If you are interested at all, check them out here:

nice find. im actually trying to "blender" an entirely new image for a Dodgers baseball club some of us are starting. i knew zilch about the program less than a year ago, and now i can insert text like nobody's bidness! Tongue

im trying to follow a tutorial on creating a 3d baseball from scratch and having our clubs' name wrap around it. almost exactly like the universal pictures intro! i got the text on there so far Cheesy

Tazman101

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2012, 02:39:54 pm »

Have you seen the videos for the 'blender projects'?  There are full on animations and a game that they have made using Blender.   If you are interested at all, check them out here:

nice find. im actually trying to "blender" an entirely new image for a Dodgers baseball club some of us are starting. i knew zilch about the program less than a year ago, and now i can insert text like nobody's bidness! Tongue

im trying to follow a tutorial on creating a 3d baseball from scratch and having our clubs' name wrap around it. almost exactly like the universal pictures intro! i got the text on there so far Cheesy

sounds awesome!  to bad you can't just overlay the world with a baseball skin.  :p
senorbolsa
Offline Posts: 9

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2012, 08:21:57 pm »

Tronn4 are you still using that Acer projector with that large screen? I have the very same one and am planing on building a carl's place 16x9 screen with it.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: