Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
68 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:16:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 10:48:35 pm]

[Yesterday at 02:21:23 pm]

[Yesterday at 07:03:26 am]

[April 22, 2014, 06:46:54 pm]

[April 22, 2014, 05:05:43 pm]

[April 22, 2014, 08:53:33 am]

[April 21, 2014, 11:11:30 pm]

[April 21, 2014, 04:50:46 pm]

[April 21, 2014, 11:59:52 am]

[April 20, 2014, 05:50:34 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portable Stereo System  (Read 2411 times)
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:39:26 pm »

I just put together a 4U rack system for stereo sound on the go.  It has a Crown XLS 202D Amp, a Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro, and a Behringer MMX882 mixer.

The only thing that's missing to make it into a great karaoke system is effects on the mixer to add some depth to the singers voices.

ArniePye
Offline Posts: 88

I can't see through metal, Kent!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »

tscoff,

The Ultralink doesn't offer any aux sends to send the vocals to a reverb unit.  Would you run the whole mix through the effects?  I wouldn't. 

Do you use the Feedback Destroyer in automatic mode or do you use the parametric filters to tune your PA?

And of course - pics please!

AP
Sparge
Offline Posts: 2692

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:14 am »

I just put together a 4U rack system for stereo sound on the go.  It has a Crown XLS 202D Amp, a Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro, and a Behringer MMX882 mixer.

The only thing that's missing to make it into a great karaoke system is effects on the mixer to add some depth to the singers voices.

Tim, the MX882 is designed for line-level audio signals.  It has no microphone inputs.  What are you using for mic preamps?

The Ultralink doesn't offer any aux sends to send the vocals to a reverb unit.  Would you run the whole mix through the effects?  I wouldn't.

Actually, the MX882 has the equivalent of a send on each channel.  In MIX mode the channel input (dry/unprocessed signal) is routed both to the channel output and to the main mix bus.  The channel output can feed an effects unit.  The wet/processed signal of the effects unit would come back into the MX882 on the main inputs.  This can be stereo if your effects unit has stereo output.  The ratio of wet-to-dry signal can be controlled by the main input level pot.

-Sparge-
ArniePye
Offline Posts: 88

I can't see through metal, Kent!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:51:35 am »

Sparge,

Nice call on the channel direct outs, however, using this method you cannot combine more than one channel's signal into the reverb.  If you were only sending one vocal mic this would work fine.  If the effects unit had a stereo input you could send it 2 discrete channels.

As for the mic preamp issue, tscoff could potentially use a wireless mic with a line level output.   

Either way, this is another example of the fantastic utility of that Ultralink mixer.  There is no other product at that price point that has the same features.

AP
tscoff
Offline Posts: 840

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 12:44:51 pm »

I'm taking the system to a picnic that I'm going to today with my pair of JBL Control 8SR speakers.  I have it hooked up and running in my garage with my iPad right now and it's pretty impressive.  The test is going to be what it does outside today in the open air instead of an enclosed space though.

The speakers are water resistant, so it's safe using them today when it's supposed to rain a little bit.  This is the setup I was planning on bringing with me to SpargeFest this year because it's easily portable unlike my normal system.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: