Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
57 Guests, 1 User
Sparge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:24:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 01:21:43 am]

[Yesterday at 01:43:00 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:19:23 am]

[July 22, 2014, 06:43:12 pm]

[July 22, 2014, 05:42:22 pm]

[July 22, 2014, 02:31:51 am]

[July 21, 2014, 08:22:14 pm]

[July 21, 2014, 06:31:42 pm]

[July 21, 2014, 11:55:21 am]

[July 20, 2014, 02:10:18 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lower Priced Canopy Fittings  (Read 2391 times)
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2011, 01:14:04 pm »

was trying to source the canopy fittings mentioned in a lot of threads here and most were coming out around $15-$19 each. found this online vendor located in So. Cal. with the canopy fittings coming in around $6-$9. trying to see if i can do a local pickup

http://www.canopymart.com/

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:25:54 pm »

ok the canopymarts.com site only ships out their products. they do, however, have a retail location that offers most sizes of fittings available for local pickup in Paramount, CA.

they have a crappy website though: http://canopykits.com/

edit: just talked to them on the phone and confirmed they do have multiple angled fittings, sizes, and colors (silver and gold) available. again their website wont show you everything. i'll take pics when i get there today! Tongue
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:27:38 pm by tronn4 » Logged

Sparge
Online Posts: 2824

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 12:32:18 am »

Proceed with caution.  I bought some cheap fittings online once.  Never again!  They were junk.  You really do get what you pay for with these.  Not all fittings are created equal.  I can tell by the pics on that site that I would not buy some of the fittings based on the size of the eyebolts alone.

-Sparge-
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:39:55 am by Sparge » Logged
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 02:35:40 pm »

Thats strange. The eyebolt size on the fittings at the canopy kits site look the same size as the bolt sizes on the fittings at the creative shelters size. But I'll check them out today as I was told some bad information yesterday about what time they close

Sparge
Online Posts: 2824

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 01:12:04 am »

Thats strange. The eyebolt size on the fittings at the canopy kits site look the same size as the bolt sizes on the fittings at the creative shelters size.

Yeah, I can see why you might think that.  Creative Shelters is still using illustrations of their parts rather than photos.  Those illustrations are pretty old.  CS switched away from the smaller eyebolts around 2006.

If the pics from that other site are accurate then this fitting has the larger, more secure eyebolts:

http://canopykits.com/low_peak/P4L.htm

While this one has the smaller eyebolts that are more prone to stripping/breaking:

http://canopykits.com/flat/F3.htm

Aside from the eyebolts one needs to watch the gauge of the metal used.  Also the slop on the inside dimension is important.  The cheap ones I bought online did not fit snugly on stock EMT.  That caused a lot of sag.

CS and Carl's both have high quality fittings.  I still suspect they use the same supplier. Smiley

http://www.carlofet.com/outdoor-movie-screens/small-outdoor-movie-screen-frame-kit.html

The good news is you can check them out in person before you buy!

-Sparge-
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:20:09 am by Sparge » Logged
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 06:43:44 pm »

late reply but went that saturday and these are what they offer:

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 06:51:52 pm »

i got an employee there to get me a test 1" EMT pipe (which wasnt tested before) and he tightened the heck outta the bolt onto the pipe! i then whipped out a screwdriver (yeah i had one on me) and tightened it further. sucka held!

bought the 2 90 corners, 2 "T" joints, and 4 0 fittings i needed for $18. this place is pratically around the corner from my home so its no big deal to drive here.

heres 2 pics from inside the place:

its a moderate sized warehouse (best estimate is 1/4 the size of any Home Depot). i was in complete shock as to where this place was located.... RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO AN OUTDOOR SWAP MEET. strangely enough, the swap meet used to be adrive-in....COINCIDENCE?!?!? not srure Tongue

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 06:56:41 pm »

also this: as i was leaving, i snagged a catalog they had. it was a year old and had a different manufacturers name on it. different than what CanopyMart and canopykits web-sites mention. hence probably the reason the web-site (canopykits) is bad.

as i got home and read through the catalog i found they also sold 25lb 8"x8"x8" concrete footings with a steel pipe already set inside (upright) for insertion of poles! i've been mulling buying these footings rather than digging the holes i thought about in the yard. that way i can move the screen at will Tongue

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: