Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
56 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:39:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 01:31:02 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:39:08 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:00:39 am]

[October 19, 2014, 01:52:21 pm]

[October 19, 2014, 01:43:09 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 12:19:06 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 11:56:27 am]

[October 14, 2014, 09:07:45 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 09:05:49 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 02:36:24 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one that missed this?  (Read 3768 times)
genesis76
Offline Posts: 2899

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2012, 06:34:45 pm »

Camp Chef has other products for BYT?

other screens & products for BYt besides the 120 screen Shocked Shocked Shocked

I must have been sleeping....Does anyone have any of these products besides the 120 screen?

http://www.campchef.com/outoor-entertainment-gear.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:10:12 pm by genesis76 » Logged
rich72
Offline Posts: 145

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:36:04 pm »

Very cool, I had no clue they sold this stuff (other then the 120").  I like the Cinema Packer - especially how I could store cables in it and then use it to put the projector on.  I may even be able to fit the little Yamaha speakers I use inside of it, I have to check dimensions.

The extending legs just make me nervous about putting a projector on top, depending on how well they stay in place.

Amazon has it for $99:
http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Sherpa-Table-Organizer/dp/B005DTEM2U/

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 05:21:46 pm »

Very cool, I had no clue they sold this stuff (other then the 120").  I like the Cinema Packer - especially how I could store cables in it and then use it to put the projector on.  I may even be able to fit the little Yamaha speakers I use inside of it, I have to check dimensions.

The extending legs just make me nervous about putting a projector on top, depending on how well they stay in place.

Amazon has it for $99:
http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Sherpa-Table-Organizer/dp/B005DTEM2U/

Thanks Rich.....I was beginning to think I was getting old....past my prime.....forgetful……long in the tooth………burned out……..Had too many 7 & 7’s………………………………………………………………….What all of the above.

Actually I think the Cinema Packer looks good too I wonder how tall it is for people that must raise their projector.  Some of the other screens may be good for some people also.

Anyway, I am glad I was not alone on this.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:05:48 pm by genesis76 » Logged
rich72

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:51:23 pm »

What all of the above.
Count me there as well.

I ordered the Cinema Packer off Amazon, aka the "Camp Chef Sherpa Camp Table and Organizer". Haha.
It should be here Thursday.  I'll check it out this weekend and will post how it is.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:56:36 pm »

What all of the above.
Count me there as well.

I ordered the Cinema Packer off Amazon, aka the "Camp Chef Sherpa Camp Table and Organizer". Haha.
It should be here Thursday.  I'll check it out this weekend and will post how it is.

Rich Good luck with it I can't wait to hear what you think of it.
Jimchan66
Offline Posts: 110

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:58:42 pm »

1st off is the Camp Chef Sherpa and the Cinema Packer the same thing?  They look the same with the exception of price.

What is the overall impression of it so far?  I take my projector camping a lot and think this would be a good way to keep my gear organized and easy to set up.  Currently I use the following gear; Moviemate 85hd, Old Bose Roommate II powered speakers, Wii or PS3 projected on a Gemmy Deluxe screen.  I think I could fit most of the gear in the Sherpa.  Looking to add this to my father’s day list but would love to get someone’s impression/review of it first.
Visaliaipa
Offline Posts: 23

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 01:46:46 pm »

What all of the above.
Count me there as well.

Yeah let us know what you think.  Looks like a way cheaper alternative than a rack type system.  If you could let me know if the legs are adjustable as far as height.
rich72

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 09:24:18 am »

I kind of dropped the proverbial ball on reviewing this.  Initial thoughts:

"1st off is the Camp Chef Sherpa and the Cinema Packer the same thing?" - I believe so, yes.  Just different names for the same product, depending on who they are marketing it to.

The top - the top can fold up and fit in a side pocket, but it appears to be an origami project to fold it up in the correct order to make it fit.  That side pouch should be larger so it's more forgiving.  When in place the top clips to the tube frame, so I've started just leaving it on instead of taking it off.  Faster setup/clean up is always bonus.

"If you could let me know if the legs are adjustable as far as height."

The legs - I will check this weekend, but I'm 99% sure they have just 1 height when extended.  I had 1 bent leg which stops me from retracting them all.  I emailed Camp Chef and they sent me replacements right away.  But they sent the top part of the leg and for some reason sent 5 of them.  I applaud their quick response, but I just need 1 lower leg, not 5 upper sections.  I have not yet contacted them again, but I will probably do that this weekend.

Inside - I fit my 3 speakers on wooden mounts and have plenty of space left over for an extension cord, power strip, and the projector in it's bag.  I'll take a photos this weekend of how I pack up the inside.

It comes with 4 padded bags that fit inside the slots, but I use them for storage outside of the unit instead of inside.  I use them for storing extra cables and misc items and just leave them on shelves.  I ended up not needing them to store stuff inside the table, but they are cool.

I have a movie night tomorrow, so I'll post photos.

Overall I'm very happy with it - it's an ideal way to carry a pile of stuff outside all at once including doubling as the table the projector goes on.

Jimchan66

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 11:19:46 am »

Thanks for answering my questions and the review.  I am looking forward to your photos.   Hopefully, I will be receiving one for father’s day.  I believe it will be a great addition to my setup.
Tazman101
Offline Posts: 253

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 12:11:58 pm »

Hmm.  How easy would it be to put wheels on this thing?   Grin

or does it already have wheels?

Amazon company 'Ocean Beauty' has them for $65.76ea  ( Plus $20.00 shipping ).

still, pretty cheap.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:30:48 pm by Tazman101 » Logged
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 03:22:07 pm »

Rich72 Great review *****........Take the rest of the day off Cheesy
Jimchan66

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:10 am »

Received the Camp Chef Sherpa for father’s day Grin and I believe it will be a great addition for my needs.  I am looking for portability and ease of setup.  All I need to do now to take my movies on the road is grab the Sherpa and my Gemmy Deluxe screen. Shocked

To answer Tasman101’s question it does not have wheels but you could probably add some it you wanted.  However, it is easy to carry by the built in handles or the frame.

It has plenty of storage for all my gear inside;
MovieMate 85HD
Bose RoomMate II powered speakers with storage bag
PS3 or Wii and all the required cables and extension cords.

When set up the top has enough room for both the MovieMate and game system.

Here is a photo from our test run in my garage last night.  I used the PS3 when I show Blu-ray's.  It was great family time.

* Sherpa 3.JPG (41.24 KB, 448x336 - viewed 107 times.)

* Sherpa 2.JPG (42.01 KB, 448x336 - viewed 120 times.)
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 02:24:21 pm »

Someday I will hame my Moviemate85 also.....I hope it is before I turn 85 Shocked Shocked
Tazman101
Offline Posts: 253

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 04:19:29 pm »

Looks great, thanks!
rich72

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 06:26:56 pm »

Rich72 Great review *****........Take the rest of the day off Cheesy

If it was only that easy!!

Here's a pic of the inside of mine.  3 speakers on the left, projector bottom-right, and in the top right goes the projector power cable, the cat6>hdmi receiver, as well as a power strip and 25ft ext cord which didn't make the photo.

Next is a shot of the pouch where the top goes, which I gave up on using.  Maybe Jimchan66 will get along with it better then I did!  Plus I found I'm always storing extra things on top anyway, so it pays to leave the top on.

* CampChefInside.JPG (190.66 KB, 1000x801 - viewed 98 times.)

* CampChefTop.JPG (159.62 KB, 1000x801 - viewed 92 times.)

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: