Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
56 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 02:02:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 10:39:08 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:00:39 am]

[October 19, 2014, 01:52:21 pm]

[October 19, 2014, 01:43:09 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 12:19:06 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 11:56:27 am]

[October 14, 2014, 09:07:45 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 09:05:49 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 02:36:24 pm]

[October 11, 2014, 01:26:30 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kinda of Audio set up for a Epson 705 ??  (Read 4213 times)
Stacey3272
Offline Posts: 21

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:29:34 pm »

I am looking fro set audio for my new epson705... If you have this modle what kind of set up or how do you run your audio. Thru the amp reciever or the Dvd player. Do you have a reciever  with a built in dvd. I am trying to make a set up that does not have a million part to it.
 Thanks
KingPin
Offline Posts: 153

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 08:41:59 am »

itís all about what you want to spend.... I picked up a used bookshelf system (5.1) off Craigslist for $20 and it does the job for me.  I run video source to PJ via laptop/WDTV/DVD/Etc and the audio direct to the shelf system.  Pick up some speaker wire and make your runs and zip tie them together for ease of teardown or do like I did and trench them in the ground permanent.

when I dont want to pull out the full stereo - I use a home made river cooler stereo I built that I also store the PJ in when going camping, etc
ctyankee
Offline Posts: 23

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 11:08:00 pm »

I personally don't like "combo" units ... TVs with built in DVD players, projectors with built ins (MovieMate, though I understand the appeal, and would appreciate the simplicity !) and so on.  While a receiver is a separate piece of gear, it gives you flexibility to play from a DVD player now, a Blu Ray tomorrow, music from a CD player or an iPod (video from an iPod).  I think I have access to a used receiver for my in-the-planning-stages BYT, else I'd pick up a cheap refurbised Onkyo or Denon from accessories4less (I think ... caveat emptor; I haven't checked resellerratings on them). 

In the house, I have a 40" LCD TV and a 5.1 surround system played through a Marantz receiver.  In that small space, the quality sound is appreciated (at least by me  Cheesy).  My wife and I also run monthly movie nights for our school PTO in the gymnasium and the sound is a pair of big old Peavey PA speakers.  And that sounds great, too.  In a big, open space, I think all you need is for it to be loud enough.  Stereo is find.  I'm sure surround sound in some of these wonderful theaters is really impressive, but I personally think you get most of the experience from being outdoors with a big screen.  (The drive in was always fun with those one ton mono speakers that you'd hang off one of the car windows). 

I was originally going to go with PA speakers, but think I'm going to try a pair of inexpensive Yamaha outdoor speakers off a low end receiver to start.  I can add a center channel if needed; a sub if there isn't enough bass ... and I can always do rear surrounds if I get crazy.  But I'm hoping I'm happy with the simple stereo setup. 
wantvws
Offline Posts: 67

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 09:55:52 am »

I have a large-ish bookshelf system that I use for my setup. It has two speaker up front and a separate sub that I put behind us. It has a surround function that is decent.... I have no complaints about the sound quality or volume. The receiver part lives on my cart and stays connected to the DVD player so all I have to do is run three speaker wires when I set up. Getting the audio ready is only about five minutes.  In the pic you can see the speakers next to the screen and the sub behind the chairs.
Robbie

* indiana-jones.jpg (394.54 KB, 1000x665 - viewed 575 times.)
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 11:58:35 am »

wantvws; the screen and frame kit you got from carls right? its a 16x9 screen right? where did you get the guy wires from? is there any apparent sag in the middle of screen?

Visaliaipa
Offline Posts: 23

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:48:31 pm »

@Wantvws..............I really like that screen.  I just got the Camp Chef one and it will be great this year but i'd love to upgrade to a slightly bigger one.  Looks good.
wantvws

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:22:58 pm »

wantvws; the screen and frame kit you got from carls right? its a 16x9 screen right? where did you get the guy wires from? is there any apparent sag in the middle of screen?
Yep... it's Carl's 9x16. The guide wires are just poly rope hooked to the outermost eye bolts with the quick links. I have stakes in the ground that use to tether the whole thing. I just snap the quick links on while the frame is flat and tie it down after I raise it.
@Wantvws..............I really like that screen.  I just got the Camp Chef one and it will be great this year but i'd love to upgrade to a slightly bigger one.  Looks good.
thanks.... I'm happy with it. Although I kinda wish I had gone for the 9x22....... Smiley
Towndrunk
Offline Posts: 144

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 08:31:40 pm »

Can you tell me why you wish you would have gone 9x22?  I just got an Epson 710HD this year, but I'm still using an old tarp type screen.  I was hoping to get a screen as soon as it warms up next year.  I have been looking at the 9x16 but wondering if I should go bigger as well.  I was just wondering what made you sort of wish you had gone bigger.
thanks.... I'm happy with it. Although I kinda wish I had gone for the 9x22....... Smiley
satch
Offline Posts: 406

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:42:47 am »

I think we all have thoughts of going bigger. I started with a 4x8 plywood sheet, 6 years later am now at 16x20

am actually thinking of going 40 x 16,,,,will see ,I think we all looking at ways to improve whether it be sound , video ,or screen size this is a never ending hobby ,that many of us get committed to,,,,,

Satch
Towndrunk
Offline Posts: 144

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 10:54:20 am »

I currently have a tarp type screen like I said, but it is only about 6x10.  It is pretty small, but has suited my needs for now.  Now that I'm showing movies more often, more people have started showing up.  I have thought of getting a new screen for quite some time, but we are building a new home and I have kept putting things off until we move.

I just wanted the 9x16 since I figured it would be easier to set up and take down, and that a 9x22 would be to much work.  I wont be traveling with it though, and it will only be in my yard.  I guess I need to do some more research.
wantvws

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:41 pm »

Can you tell me why you wish you would have gone 9x22?  I just got an Epson 710HD this year, but I'm still using an old tarp type screen.  I was hoping to get a screen as soon as it warms up next year.  I have been looking at the 9x16 but wondering if I should go bigger as well.  I was just wondering what made you sort of wish you had gone bigger.

Sorry... I just saw your post Smiley
It seems like most of the movies we watched this year were the wider ratio than my 9x16. It bothers me a little to see the unused portions at the top and the bottom of my screen. Also, space in my yard is not really an issue, so the larger screen frame sitting in my yard would not have been a huge deal.
Don't get me wrong.... the 9x16 is fantastic and I will have it for years. I don't regret getting it at all. Even with the unused portions on wider movies it is pretty epic.
I can almost set the 9x16 up and tear it down by myself- I doubt I could do that with a 9x22. I still need help going from horizontal to vertical and back again but that is it.
Robbie

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: