Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
64 Guests, 1 User
redeemed763
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 04:36:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 04:19:13 pm]

[Today at 01:06:52 pm]

[Today at 09:38:21 am]

by Chaz
[Today at 01:04:26 am]

[Yesterday at 11:34:35 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:49:28 pm]

[Yesterday at 05:25:16 pm]

[Yesterday at 04:32:27 pm]

[Yesterday at 12:34:27 am]

[April 15, 2014, 07:14:49 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you popping?  (Read 1900 times)
Adult Beverage
Offline Posts: 348

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:58:44 am »

I haven't seen any recent threads on popcorn brands to try.  I recently got a new Paragon 4oz. popper and would like to know what everyone is using, what you like or dislike about it, and the others you've tried.  My popper came with two sample packs of Country Harvest w/coconut oil.  Family really liked it and the saltiness/flavor seemed about right.  I also got a case of At-The-Movies-Popcorn from Paragon when I placed my order but it seems a little salty but the flavor is good.  The salt is in with the corn so I could just dump a little of it out before putting it in the kettle.  Lastly, we tried All-N-One from Great American Popcorn Company we got with our old machine a few years ago.  Tasted a little stale but not sure how well the sealed packages hold up over time.  Any others out there I should try?  I may eventually go the bulk route but like the convienence of the packages for now.

Infamous last words: "Hold my beer.  Watch this!!"
KingPin
Offline Posts: 149

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:48:04 am »

We have a Nostalgia Electrics Popcorn Machine and have been using Great Northern All-In-One we picked up off Amazon....good stuff.  Looking forward to trying Wabash Valley Farms Kettle Corn for the kids.  I like the popper and it works great - I clean it like new after every use and had zero issues with it.  We even went as far as getting the popcorn sacks you get at the fair grounds to add to the movie feel :-)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:56:13 am by KingPin » Logged
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1255

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:47:39 am »

popcorn sacks? our LA County Fair is coming up in about 3 months... what do these things look like?

i bought my popper (4 oz nostalgia electric) off a work buddy and been using the Oreville Redenbacher (or something like that) brand "jugs" of popcorn. also use that "buttery topping/flavoring" syrup thing form Oreville as well. our batches taste better than the microwave stuff but i feel i can do even better!

then i found out about Flavacol! i call it popcorn crack! if its making these Oreville kernals taste great, i can barely wrap my head around how good some premium kernals would taste with it and by switching over to coconut oil!

also, just to be sure, isnt kettle corn that sweet flavored popcorn?

KingPin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »

popcorn sacks? our LA County Fair is coming up in about 3 months... what do these things look like?

I got them local but they look like this

found them on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Hoosier-Hill-Farm-Popcorn-Bags/dp/B005T0Y4AI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1339618211&sr=8-7

also, just to be sure, isnt kettle corn that sweet flavored popcorn?

Yeah, the kids love the Micro stuff so I picked up some from Amazon - just need to try it out
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:17:21 pm by KingPin » Logged
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1255

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 03:16:01 pm »

oh those sacks! i thought you literally meant sacks of popcorn, like those 50 lbs sacks of unpopped kernels! i was thinking "dang! he's hardcore!" lol. i gotcha now

KingPin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:17:54 pm »

lol  Grin
Sparge
Offline Posts: 2684

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 04:33:12 pm »

I buy my popcorn kernels, oil and Flavacol locally at GFS (Gordon Food Service).  GFS also sells popcorn bags for cheap that are similar to these:

http://www.snappypopcorn.com/productcart/pc/-1-Popcorn-Sack-with-Burst-Design-1000-per-Case-7p104.htm

I buy all my other popcorn supplies (boxes, flavored salt shakers, etc.) from these guys:

http://www.snappypopcorn.com/productcart/pc/Popcorn-Supplies-c40.htm

These are a good "small" size popcorn box:

http://www.snappypopcorn.com/productcart/pc/44E-Open-Top-Popcorn-Box-100-Case-5p91.htm

These are a good "large" size popcorn box:

http://www.snappypopcorn.com/productcart/pc/48E-Open-Top-Popcorn-Box-100-Case-5p93.htm

These are kind of fun, too:

http://www.snappypopcorn.com/productcart/pc/3-oz-Snappy-Shakers-Sample-Pack-97p461.htm

-Sparge-
Adult Beverage
Offline Posts: 348

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »

Has anyone tried the Fun-Pop packages from Gold Medal?  I believe they are the 4oz version of the Mega-Pop packages for 8oz machines.  I have a feeling we're going to go through our supply of popcorn quicker than I realize.  The popper is still set up in the family room/home theater during the break-in/testing phase.  Paragon has a 30-day no questions asked return policy and I want to be sure I have no reservations about keeping it.  None so far. Grin  Besides frying the HDMI inputs on my Denon receiver. Shocked

Infamous last words: "Hold my beer.  Watch this!!"
Shrek
Offline Posts: 28

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 10:29:53 pm »

I buy Redinbockers in the large bag, coconut oil, and flavacol.  Mix my own, cheaper than the all in one packs.

I would rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: