Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
76 Guests, 1 User
Garp
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 01:30:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 01:31:02 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:39:08 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:00:39 am]

[October 19, 2014, 01:52:21 pm]

[October 19, 2014, 01:43:09 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 12:19:06 pm]

[October 15, 2014, 11:56:27 am]

[October 14, 2014, 09:07:45 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 09:05:49 pm]

[October 14, 2014, 02:36:24 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurricane Sandy or the Frankenstorm as it is being called  (Read 2891 times)
Sparge
Offline Posts: 2855

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 10:53:06 pm »

Our families fared fairly well here, too.  At home we had lotsa rain, really high winds, limbs down but no major damage.  Power stayed on so our sump pump was able to keep up with the extra rain.

My folks basement took on a lot of water.  I went over and set up three pumps in two buildings and cleared them out.  I spent most of the day there today.  Two of their neighbors lost whole trees.  One was quite large and uprooted entirely.  The other was on the property line.  The trunk broke in half about a foot above the ground.  Luckily it fell in the opposite direction from my folk's pergola.

I have two nieces who lost power and their basements flooded.  One has power again.  The other was told it could be 4 to 5 days before power is restored.  She has a newborn at home, too.  I prepped a generator and her dad picked it up this afternoon.

All tolled, no major injuries or property damage.  We'll call it a win!

-Sparge-
Corzak
Offline Posts: 439

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 07:52:24 am »

Glad the hear all the BYTers are OK! We're used to these types of events and are very equipped to deal with them. I've been through about 10 major events since living in So Florida including get caught right in the middle of Andrew. I know it must have been very traumatic for many. Good luck in the coming days getting back to normal!!!
movielover
Offline Posts: 2277

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 01:52:12 pm »

Our families fared fairly well here, too.  At home we had lotsa rain, really high winds, limbs down but no major damage.  Power stayed on so our sump pump was able to keep up with the extra rain.

My folks basement took on a lot of water.  I went over and set up three pumps in two buildings and cleared them out.  I spent most of the day there today.  Two of their neighbors lost whole trees.  One was quite large and uprooted entirely.  The other was on the property line.  The trunk broke in half about a foot above the ground.  Luckily it fell in the opposite direction from my folk's pergola.

I have two nieces who lost power and their basements flooded.  One has power again.  The other was told it could be 4 to 5 days before power is restored.  She has a newborn at home, too.  I prepped a generator and her dad picked it up this afternoon.

All tolled, no major injuries or property damage.  We'll call it a win!

-Sparge-

hey sparge,
i am glad you and your parents property came away with little damage.
and i'm really happy that tree fell away from the pergola, that would have been a disaster to loose that.

they said at one point the hurricane was 1000 miles across  Shocked

Kladder Station Classic Movies - Drive-In & Outdoor Theater
genesis76
Offline Posts: 2899

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:47 am »

I am glad most of you came out well ....sorry about the big screen Cry We did well in CT Lucky. I lost a shed with old boating stuff & Grills but besides that things were good. I had enough gas to keep the Gen going for a few days if I had to. My Jets Tailagting buddy lost power for 12 days in NJ.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: