Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
58 Guests, 1 User
Corzak
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:24:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 10:35:52 pm]

[Yesterday at 03:36:26 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:49:24 am]

[October 29, 2014, 12:48:55 am]

[October 29, 2014, 12:22:27 am]

[October 27, 2014, 03:36:49 pm]

[October 25, 2014, 10:23:23 am]

[October 23, 2014, 11:04:45 pm]

[October 22, 2014, 01:31:02 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:39:08 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wreck It Ralph/ We Bought a Zoo  (Read 1417 times)
48Dodge
Offline Posts: 26

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:55:53 pm »

Just saw Ralph in the theater with my kids this weekend (in 3d), visually a very good movie.  Should be great on a BYT screen.  Plot was pretty good, too.  Hopefully it will release in time for a spring showing before the skeeters get too bad down here.

I had planned on Zoo being one of the movies on my short list to show.  Really glad I prescreened this "PG" movie.  Movie itself was really good, but language easily put it into the PG-13 category.  Too bad really, because the language could have easily been changed and kids would have liked the potty humor.  Example, someone said that an animal $#!t on me, put the work poop in there and you have comedy gold for the typical PG movie audience.  Stuff like that throughout.  My 7 year old son started watching the movie with us and luckily fell asleep before the worst of the language hit.  So, just be warned if you were planning on watching this movie with young ones.
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:12:42 pm »

i wonder how difficult it would be to "self-edit" some of these movies. if you're playing from dvd or blu-ray it would be super difficult. if you can rip these discs into a digital format, maybe format them into a file format in which you can edit in adobe premiere or even microsoft movie maker.  then you would record "poop" (the more off it sounds from the movies spoken bit the better!) and insert it into the playback timeline. you could stretch or shrink your "dub" to fill in the potty mouth time and it itself would be hilarious as shrinking the voice clip would make it more "chipmunky" and stretching it would sound more "elephanty".

i need to try this

48Dodge

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:36:02 pm »

i wonder how difficult it would be to "self-edit" some of these movies. if you're playing from dvd or blu-ray it would be super difficult. if you can rip these discs into a digital format, maybe format them into a file format in which you can edit in adobe premiere or even microsoft movie maker.  then you would record "poop" (the more off it sounds from the movies spoken bit the better!) and insert it into the playback timeline. you could stretch or shrink your "dub" to fill in the potty mouth time and it itself would be hilarious as shrinking the voice clip would make it more "chipmunky" and stretching it would sound more "elephanty".

i need to try this

I know I've seen things like this before.  Did a quick search and the first link was for a device I'd heard of before, but the funny thing was "We Bought a Zoo" was the first movie they had listed as an example.  22 profane words without, 0 with this device.  Anyway, I believe there are programs I can run on my HTPC to clean the movies up.  I'll have to do some research.
Sparge
Offline Posts: 2858

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:22:31 pm »

The first thing that comes to mind is...

https://www.clearplay.com/t-about.aspx

They've been around awhile.

-Sparge-
48Dodge

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 04:37:56 pm »

The first thing that comes to mind is...

https://www.clearplay.com/t-about.aspx

They've been around awhile.

-Sparge-

Yeah, that's one that I've seen before, the other was tvguardian.  I think tv guardian only works through a coax connection.  As for the price of Clearplay, I love my kids, but not sure I love them THAT much. Tongue
tronn4
Offline Posts: 1283

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 11:51:59 pm »

played a bit with soundbooth. fairly easy compared to the rest of the adobe lineup. found this little clip to edit from Pulp Fiction. i'll play with the program some more. im sure there are more tricks i can pull. took about 20 minutes for this small edit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s17_UzV6LDs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/s17_UzV6LDs</a>

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: