Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
53 Guests, 2 Users
OutdoorGeek, everette
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:50:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 10:11:00 pm]

[Today at 08:55:53 pm]

[Today at 06:31:51 pm]

[Today at 02:45:16 pm]

[Today at 01:30:27 pm]

[Today at 10:42:35 am]

[Today at 08:35:55 am]

[Today at 08:32:38 am]

[Yesterday at 02:21:23 pm]

[Yesterday at 07:03:26 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thought I had my upgrades figured out  (Read 557 times)
pistolero56
Offline Posts: 294

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2012, 07:07:23 pm »

Ive been trying to put together an upgrade for my byt and had made a small list of things to purchase. currently I own a ps3 and a 705hd and sound plays through a mixer to pa speakers. the goal was to purchase a sony player S-590 , burn preshow to a cd and play through the ps3 then switch (via switcher) to cued movie from the S590. Obviosly i was planning on using hdmi cables.

on my list was a
4x1 hdmi switcher from monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5557&seq=1&format=2
sony bluray player bdp S590 

so i purchased the switcher and tested it on my cable box and ps3. i wasnt to happy with switcher as 1) it took approx. 5-10 seconds to switch over(expected)  2) the indicator lights stopped working after a couple days.  3) there was loss of picture  often (handshake problems?) So i had the switcher replaced thinking maybe i got the bad one from the batch. 2nd one came in, plugged it in and the lights work, but i still have the picture loss often. so its going back this week for a refund. i did try different cables with no positive results.
I want to avoid handshake surprises as much as possible 

this leads me to my next decision/question....would it be better to use the pj source selector as a switcher? i would run preshow through hdmi then switch to component/vga for main movie.

does the rgb to vga cable do 720p?  i read somewhere where upscaling dvd's wont work with component. i do want to upscale dvd's from time to time

the S 590 only has hdmi and composite out (no component), should i go with an older bluray player that has component? i feel that i am missing out on newer features if i go with an older player.

sigh... thanks in advanced for your opinions.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:45:30 pm by pistolero56 » Logged

The Rusty Trax Theater
Sunset Flix

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: