Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
74 Guests, 2 Users
cecilb, Tek465
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:02:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 10:35:52 pm]

[Yesterday at 03:36:26 pm]

[Yesterday at 10:49:24 am]

[October 29, 2014, 12:48:55 am]

[October 29, 2014, 12:22:27 am]

[October 27, 2014, 03:36:49 pm]

[October 25, 2014, 10:23:23 am]

[October 23, 2014, 11:04:45 pm]

[October 22, 2014, 01:31:02 pm]

[October 20, 2014, 10:39:08 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was wondering where the site went.  (Read 3329 times)
Litchmo
Offline Posts: 190

Pirate Cinema Surrender The Booty

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 08:46:59 am »

My vote would be no face book!  Huh

Pirate Cinema Surrender The Booty
kelemvor
Offline Posts: 1377

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 11:20:38 am »

My vote would be no face book!  Huh

Can you explain why?

Facebook would simply be another way to get the word out about Backyard Theater.  If you don't want to see it on there, you just don't look at it.  It doesn't change the website or the way it's used right now.  Adding a facebook has nothing to do with the forums or the current community we have.  It would simply be a way to bring more people into this community.  There no reason not to have a facebook page at all.

RoseRanch
Offline Posts: 371

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 12:53:25 pm »

Good to see the forums back up and the BYTers still going strong.  All the best to you, Randy/rfisk.

-John
Garp
Offline Posts: 380

A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 05:30:32 pm »

I think if the FB page is merely a vehicle for updates regarding this site and encouraging new BYTers to check us out, I would have no problem with it. However, there is no way of knowing that this would be the case. This site works so well because people are interested in asking questions and sharing knowledge. Selfishly, I want that info to be in one, easy to find place - here. The risk of an active FB page, as I see it, is that this site is diminished. Many people are so used to FB that it perhaps becomes the go-to place - either because people feel more comfortable posting there, or just don't want to join another forum. As I say, if it encourages others to seek this site out, I'm all for it. I just don't know whether that's all it will do, nor how anything more could be prevented. I'm concerned there's a chance of being spread too thinly.
kelemvor
Offline Posts: 1377

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 09:33:49 pm »

I think if the FB page is merely a vehicle for updates regarding this site and encouraging new BYTers to check us out, I would have no problem with it. However, there is no way of knowing that this would be the case. This site works so well because people are interested in asking questions and sharing knowledge. Selfishly, I want that info to be in one, easy to find place - here. The risk of an active FB page, as I see it, is that this site is diminished. Many people are so used to FB that it perhaps becomes the go-to place - either because people feel more comfortable posting there, or just don't want to join another forum. As I say, if it encourages others to seek this site out, I'm all for it. I just don't know whether that's all it will do, nor how anything more could be prevented. I'm concerned there's a chance of being spread too thinly.

That's the difference between a Facebook PAGE and a Facebook GROUP.  Groups are for discussions (which suck on Facebook).  Pages are just for the owner of the page to post things (like 99% of the other facebook pages out there) but aren't for active discussions.

Sure, users can post on a facebook page but it doesn't show up on the front page and rarely gets much conversation going so it wouldn't affect these forums at all.

jerryc
Offline Posts: 16

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 06:15:26 pm »

Welcome back

jerry c

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: