Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
59 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 06:23:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Today at 02:00:40 am]

[Today at 12:06:08 am]

[September 13, 2014, 05:19:33 pm]

[September 13, 2014, 02:27:59 am]

[September 12, 2014, 10:52:45 pm]

[September 12, 2014, 09:08:53 am]

[September 11, 2014, 09:15:17 pm]

[September 11, 2014, 09:12:58 pm]

[September 11, 2014, 04:20:52 pm]

[September 09, 2014, 04:37:24 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

The Most Watched Projectors on eBay

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Completely torn on a new sound system.  (Read 2396 times)
waverz
Offline Posts: 77

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:37:02 pm »

Last year I was fortunate enough to use a pair of JBL EON 515XT's along with a small Mackie mixer.

I no longer have access to this system so I need to go out and purchase my own.  I really liked the simplicity of the 2.0 system as well as the large sound it provided.  I'm completely torn between getting another similar 2.0 PA   system or go for a full blown 5.1 system.  I really don't see myself using rear speakers much just because of the fact I wouldn't want to drag them back into the garage every night.   

The way my system was last year all I had to is turn off the power switch and pull down the garage door.  This was an awesome setup especially when we had triple feature night.

My budget is right around $1k.  I really don't want to shell out the big bucks for some new EON's but they did sound damn nice.

Decisions decisions....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:38:53 pm by waverz » Logged
Underdog66
Offline Posts: 301

'Cause cuttin the roof off my den would be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:14:17 am »

Wow!  $1K is a pretty nice budget!  I wouldn't think it would be too tough to find a great sound system with that!  And some other BYT accessories too! Grin

Infinity Backyard Motion Pictures
waverz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:20:33 am »

Wow!  $1K is a pretty nice budget!  I wouldn't think it would be too tough to find a great sound system with that!  And some other BYT accessories too! Grin

I just got a new job AND tax returns are on their way.  The wife is in a giving mood. 
I actually wish I had more.  I really was spoiled with those Eons.

At this point I am looking at doing another 2.0 PA system just to keep things simple.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:52:08 am by waverz » Logged
Steve302
Offline Posts: 65

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:34:59 pm »

I've got some cheaper Behringer speakers and would love some of the EON's. Another setup to consider is doing audio like scotty s http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php/topic,7194.msg62384.html#msg62384who is using B52 Matrix 1000v2 which are within your budget at a tad under 1k. Have a look at what he is using as this setup has a sub which I think would add significantly to the sound and if you purchase a 2.0 setup you'll be looking for a sub or center channel in the next year or so. I like the look of the B52 but have not heard them. Good luck with your search.
waverz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:22:22 am »

I've got some cheaper Behringer speakers and would love some of the EON's. Another setup to consider is doing audio like scotty s http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php/topic,7194.msg62384.html#msg62384who is using B52 Matrix 1000v2 which are within your budget at a tad under 1k. Have a look at what he is using as this setup has a sub which I think would add significantly to the sound and if you purchase a 2.0 setup you'll be looking for a sub or center channel in the next year or so. I like the look of the B52 but have not heard them. Good luck with your search.

Did a little research on this system and discovered the B-52 MAtrix 2000.  I'm really liking the fact it's got some 12's and and 18" sub. If I could find something used to stay within my budget I may jump on it.
waverz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:55:03 pm »

Now the wait begins.  Eventually I should be able to find a B-52 MAtrix 2000 for around $1k.  There are a few on Ebay but no one wants to ship.
scotty s
Offline Posts: 81

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 08:19:51 am »

I love the B-52 system that I have. VERY easy set up and sounds amazing! My friend has the Matrix 2000 and it is awesome as well but the sub is HEAVY to move around.
I am actually thinking of buying another Matrix 1000 system and chaining the 2 together when the night calls for some serious sound!
waverz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 11:48:36 am »

I love the B-52 system that I have. VERY easy set up and sounds amazing! My friend has the Matrix 2000 and it is awesome as well but the sub is HEAVY to move around.
I am actually thinking of buying another Matrix 1000 system and chaining the 2 together when the night calls for some serious sound!

Honestly, I would probably only be moving a couple times a year so having to move it isn't really an issue.
While it's mainly only just my family and I watching movies I still LOVE to be able to crank it up.  My lot is fairly large and my neighbors are always at the bar on weekends anyhow.

There's a pair of JBL EON's 515's on Ebay that ends today.  I'm tempted to bid on them instead of waiting for a used B52 2000 system to come up and decent price.  The wife gave me a dirty look when I asked her for a budget increase on the sound system otherwise I'd just shell out the $1400 for a new one.
scotty s
Offline Posts: 81

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 01:20:50 pm »

For your budget I would go with a new Matrix 1000v2 system. For what you want it for it will blow your doors off. I have used my system at parties, high school dances, Karaoke parties, and the sound put out by this system is incredible. You will not be dissapointed!! That's my 2 cents!!
waverz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 02:52:59 pm »

For your budget I would go with a new Matrix 1000v2 system. For what you want it for it will blow your doors off. I have used my system at parties, high school dances, Karaoke parties, and the sound put out by this system is incredible. You will not be dissapointed!! That's my 2 cents!!

For the record, that's actually my wife's budget.  Wink

I also just realized if I buy a B-52 system off of Ebay I can use my "secret" bill me later account.  That would give me 6 months of no payments and by that time she shouldn't be to pissed off about it.

LOL

waverz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 04:07:09 pm »

It's kind of looking I may just get the used JBL EON's on Ebay.  I just discovered a source about DIY subwoofers.  I need a project to get me through spring so this may be it.

My dad just asked me a few weeks ago if I had any use for some new 15" woofers he had purchased and didn't use so I may be in luck and still might be able to keep the wife from cutting my nuts off.
 Grin
waverz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 04:18:55 pm »

I now own a pair of JBL EON 515's.  Now to start researching subwoofer designs.

This could get ugly...
Steve302
Offline Posts: 65

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 05:24:09 pm »

You don't waste any time, I'm sure you'll be totally happy with the purchase - now go out buy speaker stands, cables, mixer and you might even want a new PJ and a bigger screen to match the great new sound. Congratulations, keep us posted on whats next on the shopping list
waverz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 05:38:28 pm »

You don't waste any time, I'm sure you'll be totally happy with the purchase - now go out buy speaker stands, cables, mixer and you might even want a new PJ and a bigger screen to match the great new sound. Congratulations, keep us posted on whats next on the shopping list

LOL, like I mentioned the tax return came and if I don't spend it on stuff I want the wife will spend it on clothes and nick nacks.

The new projector is already on the way, and I'm already maxed out on screen size.  I do still need some stands, cables, and a mixer.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: