Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
140 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 04:49:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[April 25, 2017, 10:46:22 pm]

[April 20, 2017, 05:07:39 am]

by SR
[April 17, 2017, 12:46:03 am]

[April 12, 2017, 07:19:38 am]

[April 11, 2017, 03:30:28 pm]

by SR
[April 05, 2017, 01:09:38 pm]

[March 30, 2017, 08:07:24 am]

[March 30, 2017, 07:06:16 am]

[March 29, 2017, 07:08:16 pm]

[March 29, 2017, 03:10:46 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Bowl LI  (Read 1433 times)
Redsparow1
Offline Posts: 91

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2017, 01:07:35 pm »

Anyone doing it on their Backyard Theater?  I would like to, but it comes on around 1:30pm here, so it won't be dark enough.

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76
Offline Posts: 3499

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:22:22 pm »

Tooooo cold here lol
SR
Offline Posts: 687

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 06:26:33 pm »

To be honest the super bowl isn't really my thing, but even if it was I wouldn't be showing it in the BYT.  This is the off season for us as it is either rainy or cold and snowy.  In the more distant past when I have tried to do off seasons showings I have either had to cancel because of weather or it was very poorly attended.  So I just don't do off season showings at all anymore.  The one exception is for testing, if I have made any changes to the set up I like to run one full movie so I can make adjustments and/or make sure everything is working right, but I don't invite anyone over for that so I'm not sure if that really counts.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:43:55 pm by SR » Logged

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
11visions
Offline Posts: 242

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 08:49:43 am »

I bought a screen to the beer garden at my roommate's bar. It ended up looking great once things got dark. The picture is a little overshot because the projector is about 60' back so I couldn't get it tight enough to fit the screen correctly.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 12:31:33 pm by 11visions » Logged

Phillip Hullquist
I toured the U.S. showing outdoor movies in 2010 on Carl's 16x9 screen.
Now I own eight commercial rental screens ranging from 9x5 to 30x17!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 07:38:44 pm »

I bought a screen to the beer garden at my roommate's bar. It ended up looking great once things got dark. The picture is a little overshot because the projector is about 60' back so I couldn't get it tight enough to fit the screen correctly.

All I can say is Cool
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:18:44 pm »

All I can say is Cool

X2 Very cool.  As I know you already know it is amazing how forgiving things can be even with minor issues!  I'm sure your the only one that even noticed the picture being over shot. 

movieman
Offline Posts: 1608

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 09:17:19 am »

I stopped doing the Super Bowl because of all the BS from the NFL copyright laws

rg

rg
see you at the movies
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 10:31:29 am »

I stopped doing the Super Bowl because of all the BS from the NFL copyright laws

rg

I hear a few years ago they were almost gong to have a man of the cloth arrested  lol
movieman
Offline Posts: 1608

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 12:09:40 pm »

NFL went after a church for having a family supper and the game. This they went after a non-profit group.

rg

rg
see you at the movies
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 12:12:42 pm »

NFL went after a church for having a family supper and the game. This they went after a non-profit group.

rg

Thanks
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 11:57:05 pm »

rg

Ok I'm going to come out and say it.  This is the one thing that scares me about BYT.  Not that I've had an issue.... yet.  It is also the reason I will never show anything from Lucas films.  They have a reputation for going after non-profits at least in my area.  There are two that I'm aware of that have been in hot water with that studio.  It is also the reason I don't list movie titles on the website and I don't mention movie titles that I'm going to show on the forum, because if the wrong studio Nazi happens to see it post on the forum it could possibly be construed as advertisement.  Maybe I worry about it to much, maybe not.   But I'm not worried at the moment, because we are closed for the season!

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 09:10:24 am »

rg

Ok I'm going to come out and say it.  This is the one thing that scares me about BYT.  Not that I've had an issue.... yet.  It is also the reason I will never show anything from Lucas films.  They have a reputation for going after non-profits at least in my area.  There are two that I'm aware of that have been in hot water with that studio.  It is also the reason I don't list movie titles on the website and I don't mention movie titles that I'm going to show on the forum, because if the wrong studio Nazi happens to see it post on the forum it could possibly be construed as advertisement.  Maybe I worry about it to much, maybe not.   But I'm not worried at the moment, because we are closed for the season!

I would worry also I don't want Lucas McCain coming after me Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NSRJqeDhA4

Now with Hollywood having a bad year they may be looing for money under a stone

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: