Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
124 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2017, 12:55:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[Yesterday at 06:23:11 pm]

[Yesterday at 06:15:53 pm]

[May 22, 2017, 09:38:41 am]

[May 19, 2017, 03:30:15 pm]

[May 18, 2017, 04:03:50 pm]

[May 17, 2017, 11:04:07 am]

[May 15, 2017, 10:38:40 pm]

[May 13, 2017, 11:02:45 pm]

[May 13, 2017, 10:57:57 pm]

[May 09, 2017, 06:50:41 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A lesser known 16'x9', 220" outdoor screen option - outstandingscreens.com  (Read 2121 times)
11visions
Offline Posts: 248

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 08:28:36 pm »

I would have been far less critical if it didn't initially feel like you were spamming the board. I've seen this screen before and I admitted it would probably be a good screen for backyard use. While you may have been involved in BYT for a long time, your account on here only has you promoting your own product and you should have been up front about that in the first post. Without any other introduction or contribution from yourself here, that's all we know about you.

For it's size and price, your screen is a great value and based on the YouTube video (which I actually watched last year), it's far easier to setup than a comparable one of Carl's freestanding screens. The Sound & Vision review doesn't compare the pros and cons of Outstanding Screens to alternatives on the market so it wasn't very useful for me. Also, Bill's review didn't ring true for me either because I've setup Open Air Cinema (OAC) screens literally hundreds of times and there's nothing I've used yet that is easier to setup/tear-down. I would love to be proven wrong.

If you'd like a critical review of your screen from someone who has used nearly every type of system on the market I'd be happy to do so. I'll give you my feedback, write a comparative review against your competition (which you can publish at your own decision if you like it), and mail it back to you at my own expense. I currently own screens from Carlofet, Camp Chef, Open Air Cinema, Airscreen, Shoscreen, Loch, Elite Outdoor Movies and a few random Chinese screens so I can make honest comparisons to just about nearly every other screen on the market. PM me if you're interested.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:30:44 pm by 11visions » Logged

Phillip Hullquist
I toured the U.S. showing outdoor movies in 2010 on Carl's 16x9 screen.
Now I own eight commercial rental screens ranging from 9x5 to 30x17!
11visions
Offline Posts: 248

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 11:18:50 pm »

Unfortunate you think Bill is an idiot for using my product, and you think they snap like a twig in the breeze or that they can be knocked over by a child brushing against them.

No, I don't think Bill is a idiot. I think he is biased because his testimonial of using your screen versus OAC screens is that OAC screens take a long time to setup/tear down. This is objectively not true. I use OAC screens every week year after year and they are incredibly fast to setup and tear down. I don't recommend OAC Home screens for other reasons, but setup/teardown speed isn't one of them.

There's also a big difference between twig in the breeze and a 30 mph wind. I've personally hung on to a freestanding screen from Carl in a 20+ mph wind as the 1" steel EMT bent in half because it couldn't handle the force. I can't think think of any screen that could stay usable in a 30 mph wind, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I am passionate about outdoor movies and I love to see innovation and new designs come to market. If anything, I'm jealous that you've created an original design and a business around it. However, there are trade-offs with any system. The OutStanding Screen doesn't solve all the problems every one of us deals with depending on our screen choice. Some of those trade-offs are noted in this thread.

There's nothing wrong with targeting the consumer market and I hope you are successful in doing so, but you were the one who brought up commercial use even before my first comment:

("We can even include extra parts for those in commercial applications for unexpected events.")

Commercial customers want something that looks high-end. When they're paying $500+ for me to setup a system, I want them to get their moneys worth.

As I said earlier, if you want to send me a demo unit to review, I'll give a comprehensive review and compare the pros and cons to other screens on the market. You very well may hit the mark for being the best for your particular application. After some Googling, I still haven't found any reviews that compare OSS to any other screens.

Phillip Hullquist
I toured the U.S. showing outdoor movies in 2010 on Carl's 16x9 screen.
Now I own eight commercial rental screens ranging from 9x5 to 30x17!
genesis76
Offline Posts: 3502

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 07:08:16 pm »

I agree with the guys on here. It was not fair of you to use this place as your store.

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: